It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiment: How many of us know we are economic slaves to society?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Edit: I have changed the title of the thread.
If you going to compare this to real Slavery don't bother commenting because it is not what the thread is about
Thank you.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Im not sure if this is in the right board, I'm not to sure where to put this thread? please move if incorrect.
I hope this isn’t in violation of T&C I’m not trying to form a group or a cult just an experiment in creating awareness.

I was just reading TheOneElectric’s Thread - Can we really do "this" any longer - www.abovetopsecret.com...
TheOneElectric use the term “economic slave”, I also like “Prisoner of society” which I believe we all are slaves and prisoners in some form.

When i read “Economic “Slave” i remembered something i read a while ago,I wish I remembered the actual quote and who said it, but it went something like this:

One Ancient Roman guy said to another “why don’t we make all the slaves wear white robes”
Other Ancient Roman guy said “because they would realise how great their numbers are”

Now I was thinking what if we all actually did this, everybody out there who wants a change, is awake and realises that we are all economic slaves / prisoners of society, why don’t we somehow show it in our everyday attire eg coloured wrist band / arm band etc.

I think this will achieve an awareness in real life not just to us on ATS sitting in front of the computer talking to people about it, who already know about it.
It will also give us “truthers” an idea of how many people out there want a change, i think to visually see someone walking past you down the street with ( a yellow wrist band for eg) will make you stop and say “hey there is someone else out there who wants a change” who knows you could see 3 or 4 or 20 people in one day if it catches on, but even if it is only one person you see, its one person you didn’t even know existed and they have the same ideas and goals as you do and I’m sure they will think the same when they see your yellow wrist band.

I think this would be an interesting experiment to see how many people are out there who want a real change without having a march or a protest rally, no police officer can stop you in the street from wearing a yellow wrist band.

It could be something that is worn every day or perhaps a certain day once a week / month.
Also can work well, if there is a “crisis” and Obama switches the Internet off, at least we still have a way of finding someone and communicating.

I’m just throwing an idea out there I am very interested to hear what others have to say, whether this would be a good or bad idea, pros and cons of doing this and what could be worn ??

Your thoughts and comments please....

[edit on 7/1/2010 by wycky]

[edit on 7/1/2010 by wycky]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Great idea.

The police have their FOP licence plates and "Blue Line Identifier" stickers so they know each other out on the street.

We need a way to identify those of us "in the know" so that when we walk through our neighborhood we won't feel so isolated.

I personally don't know anyone in my area who thinks as I do. Most think I'm just a nut so I keep my opinions to myself.

It would be nice to know there are more of us out there. If we knew our true numbers we would be less reluctant to voice our opinions in public and take a stand for what we believe.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
You don't think Amerika is Rome, I'd say 99.5% of you are slaves. get what I'm saying and get enlightened.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Your a slave if you choose to be.
Line 2

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
trouble is most of you slaves have a mortgage and kids. So unless you are prepared to lose all you will find people to be silent. Knowing thatt what hope do we have?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Oh no, another 'slave' thread!
What is with this economic slave thing? Would you rather sit on an increasingly fat backside while manna from heaven rained down on your head and fed and clothed you? Man has always had to work for a living. In fact we are fortunate to some extent in that there is at least some help out there for people in trouble. Not perfect but hey, there was once NOTHING.
But if you are referring to having been caught up in material greed, well don't go round blaming everyone else.
If you lost your job, sorry, but so did I. Life was never perfect. Get over it.
If I could wave a magic wand, it would be to send all the whining, self pitying people who complain they are slaves into real slavery for a while. First half of the sentence would be as a traditional slave, the kind that was torn from their family and shipped off from a slave fort in Ghana. Then we could do the modern version, as a 10yr old working in a carpet factory or someone sold into prostitution or forced to sell their own body parts to survive.
But by all means go ahead and wear an armband. At least I would know where the negative energy was and who to avoid.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
i know I am,as a rape survivor and still being raped daily at times.

the world is waking up.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by unicorn1

You're mostly right. But don't forget that more and more of the wealth is going to fewer people. In a sense the op is right in that democracy has turned into corporatism. This is undeniable and is a form of slaver, albeit deceptive.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthenaCD
i know I am,as a rape survivor and still being raped daily at times.

the world is waking up.

Exactly. I can see how you'd be a target for rape.
Maybe try making yourself look less attractive.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by wycky
I’m just throwing an idea out there I am very interested to hear what others have to say, whether this would be a good or bad idea, pros and cons of doing this and what could be worn ??

Your thoughts and comments please....

WOW

excellent idea!

my .02:

an arm band with a peace sign superimposed on an image of the Earth
maybe the peace sign rainbow-colored?

to wear anytime the owner chooses...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I am a government slave if that helps. I signed the contract and my time was about to end till I got stop-lossed! Needless to say, im stuck in the army forceably for a whole year!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by unicorn1
What is with this economic slave thing? Would you rather sit on an increasingly fat backside while manna from heaven rained down on your head and fed and clothed you? Man has always had to work for a living.

Ironically, just prior to visiting this thread I was watching a video on the horrors of sexual slavery and the effort to rescue them. Their stories, their abuses, their rehabilitation, and the arduous task of rebuilding their shattered humanity. One of the ways in which this is accomplished is by finding them jobs where they can earn a living wage and support themselves as a human being - rather than just being rape hole for thirty different men before being beaten and locked in their room until needed again.

To the OP or any other "wage slaves" - take a good look at one example modern slavery as it exists today. It's a shame you don't have to meet them face to face, look them in the eye, and explain to them how you know their pain - of how bad the lashes of your masters hurt.

OP, You won't receive a shred sympathy from me.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
something like this, maybe, but with the circling rainbow narrower and made into a peace sign:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/993397beefde.gif[/atsimg]

an Earth behind this one, with width of peace sign flowers narrower, maybe?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0cd063eca1ca.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lasheic

Originally posted by unicorn1
What is with this economic slave thing? Would you rather sit on an increasingly fat backside while manna from heaven rained down on your head and fed and clothed you? Man has always had to work for a living.

Ironically, just prior to visiting this thread I was watching a video on the horrors of sexual slavery and the effort to rescue them. Their stories, their abuses, their rehabilitation, and the arduous task of rebuilding their shattered humanity. One of the ways in which this is accomplished is by finding them jobs where they can earn a living wage and support themselves as a human being - rather than just being rape hole for thirty different men before being beaten and locked in their room until needed again.

To the OP or any other "wage slaves" - take a good look at one example modern slavery as it exists today. It's a shame you don't have to meet them face to face, look them in the eye, and explain to them how you know their pain - of how bad the lashes of your masters hurt.

OP, You won't receive a shred sympathy from me.

You have taken it way out of context and off topic.
Just because the word "slave" is used doesn't mean i am referring to someone who is in slavery in the real sense of the word.
I also used "Prisoner of Society" but i am obviously not comparing to being locked in prison am I.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpiritHipHop
You don't think Amerika is Rome, I'd say 99.5% of you are slaves. get what I'm saying and get enlightened.

I am enlightened, that is whole point of this thread, and its not pointed at America, this is for the whole world.
99% of the worlds population are slaves

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
trouble is most of you slaves have a mortgage and kids. So unless you are prepared to lose all you will find people to be silent. Knowing thatt what hope do we have?

Well that the whole point of this thread. Like i said you can't get in trouble for walking around with a yellow armband.
Its a way to identify who and how many people are thinking like you, with out a rally or protest.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Another W O W

Misuse the word much?

Lets go ahead and compare slaves of yesterday to 'slaves' of today
I won't even use words (because that is cheating)

Slaves of yesterday

Slaves of today

OH WOE IS ME
Modern day slavery is just oh so tough I have to pay taxes and drive an automobile

Freaking pathetic sometimes people
for real

Complain Train CHOO CHOO

[edit on 7-1-2010 by '___'omino]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
something like this, maybe, but with the circling rainbow narrower and made into a peace sign:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/993397beefde.gif[/atsimg]

an Earth behind this one, with width of peace sign flowers narrower, maybe?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0cd063eca1ca.jpg[/atsimg]

I like the earth one, but the floral peace sign is well..... a little bit to floral for me

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
i know this!
though it makes me sad, its pathetic actually.
people like this though, you bring them other possibilities and they don't even entertain them out of impossibilities. people like that are what make impossibilities.

hey, and on your idea.
well, its been brought up before and for some reason people don't like it very much.

i think the best way is just to walk in love and light and exude that in a way that others notice and gravitate toward you, see your beacon of light and want to become beacons too, and all that.

your sign can be a lighthouse.

i love peace signs.
i'm making a cardboard tree, instead of painting it green i am drawing all different shapes and sizes of peace signs. it will be rad. peace.

[edit on 1/7/2010 by double_frick]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by double_frick
i know this!
though it makes me sad, its pathetic actually.
people like this though, you bring them other possibilities and they don't even entertain them out of impossibilities. people like that are what make impossibilities.

I know its 4am and I'm tired but even after a night sleep I don't think I will know what the heck you are saying!

HUH?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join