It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are you guys so mad? Just take it like a man.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Ok so I saw this thread about some guy blowing the whole Interpol thing outta proportion as always. He said that this would give foreign military the right to walk down the street, knock down doors, and not answer to anything. it made me laugh.

But why are you guys so mad? Blackwater did this same thing, steamrolling through civilians every now and then, and didn't answer to anything. See? Interpol thing = blown outta proportion.... Blackwater thing=true!

I find it laughable that some of you put on this face, like you are some kind of new age hippie for freedom, but when Blackwater did it, no one cared. Your family member didn't die, and since the economy was pretty badass back then, you didn't rage.

Another example is the current war. It amazed me that people now are RAGING over it, and taking a stand. Kinda took a while didn't it? I have the answer you see. It's starting to affect YOU personally NOW! The economy isn't doing too well and you're pretty pissed, so all of a sudden it's a big deal.

The bottom line is that, you create enough hunger, you'll eat the person next to you. It's never a big deal until it effects you. What you say you believe is bogus, and you know it. We're all guilty of the above, and I have made peace with myself that I don't give a damn about it until it effects me.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Redneck from Hell

I like your outlook, and it is true. If it doesn't affect you, you don't give a rats ass. Take me for an example, I enjoyed being in the military untill Obama became pres. and I had to work for that pile of trash.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I was rather surprised with this thread as I was expecting to come in here and rage but I actually agree with most of your points. However, like John Donne said "No man is an island." If you turn a blind eye to the injustice around you, that injustice is coming to get you next.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SFKNOLEG74

So how is Obama's illegal treasonous wars different from Bush's? Not asking to pick a fight, asking more out of curiosity.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Actually most of us independents have been upset with Backwater and the Iraq war for quite sometime. We aren't just discovering all this NOW. What we are pissed about is that we have been telling people the whole time that these were very serious and real situations, and we either got laughed at and derided by comments such as " LOL BLACKWATER CAN'T LEGALLY DO THAT SO THEY MUST BE ADHERING TO THE RULES!" or " HOW DARE YOU QUESTION OUR LEADERS MOTIVES, YOU ARE UNPATRIOTIC AND PROBABLY A TERRORIST LIBERAL FOR NOT SUPPORTING OUR GOVERNMENTS CHOICES!"

When we were bitching about the government under bush and the republicans then democrats all of a sudden were our best friends shouting out the same rhetoric we were using. Now that they have realized that we were never on there side to begin with they automatically label us "teabaggers, racists, neo-cons, republicans, extreme right. Fundementalists" they accuse us of "blowing things out of proportion" just like the republicans did.

And it doesn't matter if there are no immediate visible effects. On average it takes an administrations policies 10 years to produce an observable effect. If north korea had a 1 gigaton Nuke would you be upset about it? You shouldn't be, because according to your logic it isn't affecting anyone.

this reminds me of an Advicedog i once saw. "Believe Infowars under Bush, Try to shutdown Infowars under Obama "

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
"If north korea had a 1 gigaton Nuke would you be upset about it? You shouldn't be, because according to your logic it isn't affecting anyone."

okay man, let me first say "what". I think you are twisting my words. If NK had a nuke I would care because it could kill me. The US has nukes and I don't care because it will most likely not kill me.

Sure the gigaton WMD isn't effecting me as it isn't slowly killing me, and teasing me to death. But it is threatening my life. So I would care.

My war example is the same thing. I didn't care until it started effecting my comfort. Nw that it is I'm RAGING!

-------------------------------

More over, the thing you said about Blackwater is kind of what I meant. I know full well that ppl didn't just find out about it. The point I was trying to make is that, your father wasn't shot along with 20 other people by mistake. Therefore it wasn't as outrageous to you, as it would have otherwise been.

Blackwater, did what the Interpol thread starter imagined interpol would do. We didn't rage about it then, but it's serious bussiness when the sliver of a chance of it happenning here is in question.

Point is, we don't really care, and I am okay with "myself". Those who make a big deal about the issues such as the starter of the Interpol thread, are the ones who should do some soul searching.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   

What you're describing is simple self-preservation. OF course things are given more attention when they affect you personally. I don't see the problem with that.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SFKNOLEG74

I like your outlook, and it is true. If it doesn't affect you, you don't give a rats ass. Take me for an example, I enjoyed being in the military untill Obama became pres. and I had to work for that pile of trash.

What an ignorant response. This is exactly the whiny tripe to which the OP was referring.

Best,
SN

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Postive thinking goes on like >>>>>>>. Negative thinking goes on like

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo

What you're describing is simple self-preservation. OF course things are given more attention when they affect you personally. I don't see the problem with that.

It's not that simple. To say the least. I made some serious observations, and you just lightly summarized it. I see the problem with that.

One problem I can point to are the people who fully convinced themselves that they care, when they know they don't.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Redneck from Hell]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redneck from Hell
Ok so I saw this thread about some guy blowing the whole Interpol thing outta proportion as always. He said that this would give foreign military the right to walk down the street, knock down doors, and not answer to anything. it made me laugh.

But why are you guys so mad? Blackwater did this same thing, steamrolling through civilians every now and then, and didn't answer to anything. See? Interpol thing = blown outta proportion.... Blackwater thing=true!

I find it laughable that some of you put on this face, like you are some kind of new age hippie for freedom, but when Blackwater did it, no one cared. Your family member didn't die, and since the economy was pretty badass back then, you didn't rage.

Another example is the current war. It amazed me that people now are RAGING over it, and taking a stand. Kinda took a while didn't it? I have the answer you see. It's starting to affect YOU personally NOW! The economy isn't doing too well and you're pretty pissed, so all of a sudden it's a big deal.

The bottom line is that, you create enough hunger, you'll eat the person next to you. It's never a big deal until it effects you. What you say you believe is bogus, and you know it. We're all guilty of the above, and I have made peace with myself that I don't give a damn about it until it effects me.

Some of us are starting to find out the truth about 9/11...

and that changes everything

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I'm sorry if i twisted your words, i didn't intend to. Anyways i dig what you are saying, but the problem is that apathy in any form is dangerous. It is far better to prevent things then to let things happen and then implement preventive measures. Interpol and black waters actions have not affected me personally either, but the fact is that there is mountains of room for abuse. This is a basic argument against the patriot act (which HAS personally affected my life BTW, you wouldn't believe the affect the patriot act has had on the "war on some drugs" )while the average americans phone-lines are not being tapped it is that they are legally protected to carry out an ILLEGAL operation. Why should we give these people more power?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

It's not that simple. To say the least. I made some serious observations, and you just lightly summarized it. I see the problem with that.

Are you saying people vocalize being pro constitution when it is convenient?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

Some of us are starting to find out the truth about 9/11...

and that changes everything

Okay here we go. let me just say that my thread doesn't have much basis on that subject. I don't mean to be a jerk but your post is totally irrelevant.

Not in the sense that 9/11 doesn't innerwine in some way faaaar way, but it's totally irrelevant.

Read my post agan.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Are you saying people vocalize being pro constitution when it is convenient?

In the very bottom of the pyramid, yes. But not exclusively.

However as I pointed above, sometimes the constitution isn't even a factor.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Some of these folks only supposedly "woke up" 6 years into Bush's presidency.... after the obvious war lies, after $4 trillion already in debt from this administration, after all that cr*p. They "woke up" when the Democrats took majority because apparently the "D" scared them more than all that BS that happened already. They also ''woke up'' when their excuses were wearing thin. The bulk of them also supposedly woke up the minute Obama got elected.

They will say this is about both parties, before each time they start their liberal/Obama bashing rant, their fox news praise and their praise of republican politicians. They will warn us all of the "left right illusion" that supposedly pits us all against eachother, but then will follow that up with spending all of their time telling us how disasterous liberalism is. Hypocrisy... yes.

I will disagree with the premise that the fact our politicans being bought and sold in DC should be taken lightly. We have an issue with our politicians, with trust, and its not something you can tell anybody to just take it like it is. I will agree however that many of the "concerned patriots" on here are nothing more than fringe partisans, not really concerned with true freedom, just their own selfish political agendas.

SG

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

One problem I can point to are the people who fully convinced themselves that they care, when they know they don't.

Since your op stated you thought no one cared about Blackwater, I'll assume you're stating you think people's angst concerning Interpol is not genuine. Still not sure what causes you to come to this conclusion. Self-preservation will cause people to care when it hits closer to home.
Are you implying that people shouldn't care about themselves because you think they didn't care about Blackwater?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Since your op stated you thought no one cared about Blackwater, I'll assume you're stating you think people's angst concerning Interpol is not genuine.

No. I believe their corcern is genuine, if the Interpol scenario as described by the op of that thread was correct(which it wasn't).

Still not sure what causes you to come to this conclusion. Self-preservation will cause people to care when it hits closer to home.

What conclusion are you implyng?

Are you implying that people shouldn't care about themselves because you think they didn't care about Blackwater?

You are confusing self-preservation with unnecessary murder. Wether you care about the unnecessary murder, is subjective to the individual. If you don't care, or do care, then you should carry that with you no matter what. Cut through the BS.

"and the bold sensualist will use the name of philosophy to gild his crimes." - Emerson

top topics

join