It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are We Women So Bitchy To Each Other??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Being as I cant sleep I took the opportunity to go through my inbox at the plethora of emails I had yet to respond to, and about ninety percent of the mail I got from my girly friends and family were backstabbing bitchy comments about such and suches weight, man, dress sense, hair, absolute pathetic drivel.. Which I responded in kind and told them what I thought... It got me thinking about all of those times in work situations; especially decision making situations where its been a few of us women making them.. And it took bloody ages lol... Yet whenever I have done the same with guys, its done and done and we can all go home or to the pub... I hate to say this but we dont work to well together!! Well my girls do at my business for the most part but we have our moments!!

Im guilty of being a bitch myself sometimes and can be a bit TOO direct, but people always know where they stand, and I respect those who tell me what they think to my face, but those wee girls with the rolling eyes and those indescrete looks really grind my gears...

So whats up with us?? Why cant we all just get along?? Lol

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Well my sister says it can be a good start to a new friendship when two lasses start bitching about another when they first meet, it's like an instant rapport.

These days though, it's not exclusive to the females, i've known plenty of lads who like a good bitch, though not on the scale of women, and gay fellas are the worst in my experience

I hate how people say 'i'm a bitch' and think that by making that statement suddenly makes them look less of a backstabber,

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

Im convinced its because we as women feel threatened. We grew up being treated poorly as women either by men or other women and we grew up in the technology age also not trust much human interaction. Less and less posiitive in person interaction makes quite the skeptical on the look out bitchy woman.

I agree with you however that I AM sick of it. And miss the old cultures where groups of women held communities together and now it seems we are helping it fall apart.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Yeah me too, I would love to have a good old girly chat minus the bitchy comments about such and such... Dont get me wrong, i'm not above a bit of gossip, but if something is told me in confidence there is no way anyone else would get to hear about it... It seems with what I read in my emails, girly solidarity and integrity is very lacking, and I'm reavaluating which of my friends can be trusted!!

I think you are right with your "threatened" comment... But surely that threat is an imagined one? What we scared of lol...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by valiant

"Gay fellas are the worst"

Yeah lol, they would put some of my friends to shame lol

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

So whats up with us?? Why cant we all just get along?? Lol

The pig in me says:

As long as there is mud or Jello, don't sweat getting along "giggity"

The less perverted side of me says it's some insecurities being thrust upon others that makes women do this.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Haha, thats what I love about guys...

But there is a lot of insecurities mostly bought on by past relationships, but what i dont understand myself is why we would hold onto such destructive things.. I learnt to let all that crap go, but a lot of women seem to hold onto to it like a badge of honour that poisons their relationships and makes them miserable....

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Ok honey..here it is in a nutshell...
I heard a celebrity state this, and it makes more sense than anything I have ever seen nor heard previous..or since.
"As women, we compare our worst traits, to the best ones of other women"

Hence, we start the bitchy comments about others to boost our own egos or self esteem or whatever.
Not all women do this as much as others.
Personally I can't stand it..the gossipy chatty, BS...
Gimme a day in the garage with the guys please, over a day at the mall.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Women are bitches, gays are great, write a book.

Honestly, why are you worrying about things like that?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

My point is who can you trust? After what I read I kind of have to reavaluate some friendships.. As a woman in her 30's you would think I would have learnt that by now, but spent most of my adult life in mostly male dominated environments. I guess I'm not quite as jaded as I wouldve been..

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

"Gimme a day in the garage with the guys please, over a day at the mall."

Im with you there..... But I love girly time too... Shopping LOl

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
reply to post by TaraLou

My point is who can you trust? After what I read I kind of have to reavaluate some friendships.. As a woman in her 30's you would think I would have learnt that by now, but spent most of my adult life in mostly male dominated environments. I guess I'm not quite as jaded as I wouldve been..

same , same...as women we can backstab so swiftly and quickly you never see it happen..till a mutual friend whispers into the wrong ear....

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Yeah, just had a GREAT convo with the girl in question on the phone... I dont think I will be seeing HER for a while lol

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
schrodingers dog is also a bitch ....

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Your MY bitch bitch lol

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Your MY bitch bitch lol

DOGGY is PWND!!!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

DOGGY is PWND!!!!!

That is also sexual.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

My wife says she hates working with women. She says that whenever she has had a woman boss there are problems.

Issues seem to get stored in their mind and stay there until needed as ammo in an irrelevant argument or as gossip to fill a gap. The mood swings are intolerable and when they are down everyone has to know about it.

Her words not mine

I have my own theories as to why this is... but it is very long and it would probably be taken out of context... so i will just back away now rather than risk the wrath of all you women out there

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by AccessDenied

DOGGY is PWND!!!!!

That is also sexual.

you love it...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Yeah, i'm a boss myself and have my moments and can totally relate to your wife having had female bosses in the past.. Guy bosses are ok, they mostly want to get into your pants but we can deal with that.. But women bosses?? I had a meldown a few weeks ago when i split up with my tosser ex, and to my shame I was a bit snappy with the girls, however I caught onto myself and made amends.. Some women bosses wouldnt though; pathetic feminist entitlement mixed with man hatred and and just being a plane old bitch... Some of them need to get laid lol... Just being honest..

[edit on 113131p://f40Thursday by Selahobed]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join