It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reuters Exposes Gore's Global Warming Profit Motive

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I know this news came about a while ago, but I never heard about it and I couldn't find a thread started about this.

Gore evidently is directly related to the company that is making the software to manage those company carbon credits which could make billions in the global warming scam.

Reuters Exposes Gore's Global Warming Profit Motive

"a $2.5 billion market that will grow 10-fold if the proposed energy bill, which will require companies to get permits for emissions, becomes law, Chief Executive Amit Chatterjee said.
Source: Reuters Exposes Gore

The 25-person company received $6 million in venture capital from Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, where partner Al Gore played a role in getting Hara funded. It's the second software-focused investment after PC power management company Verdiem that KPCB has funded as part of a green tech push first launched in 2006.

Source: Cnet News

[edit on 6-1-2010 by Julie Washington]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

There is no way I can remember the source, but I read that Gore has already made over a billion in personal income off his exploits.

No wonder he gets so red faced when someone stomps on his toes.

When is a lot of money enough? I mean seriously, over a billion in personal income? Why does this greed seem so endless?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
What is so crazy about this whole thing is that it's basically "selling pollution" on the open market.

It sets a "value" on pollution. So if you emit less pollution - you can sell your credits to someone who outputs more pollution.

Do people really understand what this is all about? This whole plan is ripe for fraud, kickbacks...sounds like another Enron to me.

And Gore will sell you the software to manage your pollution levels so you will be in a better position to sell your pollution on the open market.

However, we'll probably need more massive government oversee, departments, inspectors....etc. to "control" it all.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Maybe this should wake some members up to the real reasons for Gore pushing his biased climate change agenda.

One relatively intelligent member stated a couple of weeks back that gore was only making a few million off book sales, speaking etc.....................

My Arse!

Al Gore is chairman and founder of a private equity firm called Generation Investment Management (GIM). GIM appears to have considerable influence over the major carbon-credit trading firms that currently exist: the Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX) in the U.S. and the Carbon Neutral Company (CNC) in Great Britain. CCX is the only firm in the U.S. that claims to trade carbon credits.GIM is poised to cash in on carbon trading, those who have created a market for the exchange of carbon credits are in a position to control the outcomes. And that moves Al Gore front and center in the whole carbon credit trading scam!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kcfusion

Wow, thanks for that addition - I didn't even know that part and that is even bigger news!

There is so much we don't know about this whole thing!

What else does Gore have his dirty hands in????

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Julie Washington]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Not to mention the fact that the Gore family fortune was built on oil.

This from the furthest left news source around:

www.democracynow.org...

Al Gore’s Oligarchy

The history of the Gore family and Occidental Petroleum have been intertwined for generations. Al Gore Sr. was such a loyal political ally that Occidental’s founder and longtime CEO, Armand Hammer, liked to say that he had Gore “in my back pocket.” When Gore Sr. left the Senate in 1970, Hammer gave him a half a million dollar a year job at an Occidental subsidiary and a seat on the company’s board of directors. Money from Occidental and its subsidiaries formed the basis of the Gore family fortune.

But it is not only the land of Indigenous Colombians that Occidental is drilling against the wishes of the residents and indigenous inhabitants. In late 1997, Al Gore supported the federal government’s three and a half billion dollar sale of the Elk Hills oil field in Bakersfield, California, to Occidental Petroleum. This was the largest privatization of federal property in US history. Occidental’s plans to drill for oil in Elk Hills will disturb traditional burial sites for the Yokuts indigenous peoples of southern California. At stake are at least 100 ancient sites in the Buena Vista Lake region where Yokuts peoples once lived.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Deny Arrogance]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
So where will the carbon tax money go?

A big chunk will go to the oil companies to bury co2 in their non-producing mines.

One of those companies being Occidental "Gore benefactor" Petroleum (surprise, surprise)

Occidental, the world's largest CO2 operator.

Occidental and BP to Evaluate CO2 Sequestration Options for California

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE:OXY) announced today that the company is in discussions with BP (NYSE:BP) to develop options for sequestering carbon dioxide (CO2) in its California oil fields. The CO2 would be captured as a byproduct from the 500 MW hydrogen-fired power project proposed to be constructed in Carson, California as a joint venture between BP and Edison Mission Group, a unit of Edison International (NYSE:EIX). Removing the CO2, a greenhouse gas, from the energy generation process would make this one of the world's cleanest power generation plants.

The captured CO2 is expected to have the added benefit of enhancing oil recovery from California's mature oil fields.

Occidental, the world's largest CO2 operator,
is successfully injecting more than one billion cubic feet of CO2 per day

newsroom.oxy.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Deny Arrogance

Only proves the point that the rich keep getting richer and the rest of us keep getting taken.

What's the best way to stop greed and corruption....bullets.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Most things in life are quite simple; just follow the money. It will lead you to interesting places. Good finds.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
At a bare minimum the fact that man has caused global warming is a huge farce.

The fact is carbon Dioxide levels have not raised in 150 years of known history. Carbon Dioxide represents about .04% of the earth’s atmosphere with oxygen, nitrogen and argon making up 78% of it.

As with everything the government and MSM impose on us as absolute truth, all you have to do is follow the money. There are too many connections with too few individuals making huge profits to ignore.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Lesch]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Even if it wasn't Al Gore profiting from all this, the entire idea of "carbon credits" is obviously just a huge scam. It has NOTHING to do with helping the environment. SCAM SCAM SCAM.

What is interesting about this scam though, is not only how it profits from a potential environmental catastrophe, but it also ACCELERATES the causes of the catastrophe (industrial pollution) while simultaneously creating tremendous skepticism that man made global warming even exists.

Do you understand what that means? It's a Win-Win for the people that want the world to end. If they get their Carbon Credits, then industry wins (Earth loses), if the Skeptics of global warming win (because of doubts of global warming) then the Earth loses too. The Environment is going to lose no matter what.

This house of mirrors is getting so convoluted, I'm 100% convinced that humans at the top of this pyramid of power/money are pure Evil.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I dont believe this i lean more to the side that its true. im not on the band wagon that the worlds gonna melt in a few years, but i believe were having a negative impact and its cheaper to call people nutz than attempt to correct that negative impact.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Lets not forget the impact of the "green movement" in 3rd world countries. The US, along with the UN, are trying to tell 3rd world countries that they are not allowed to go through an industrial age...Like many of you guys said, rich trying to stay rich while keeping the poor man down.

That and of course we dont want these 3rd world countries to become empowered and self sufficient, that way they HAVE TO keep borrowing money from all these central banks.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
thanks for the link. S&F OP.

It just makes you sick this, doesnt it. So the big polluters like the USA and China get to set the mark on how much can be spewed out, meanwhile all the cleaner, greener, and much smaller countries still have to suffer financially. It's absolute BS.

Gore and the rest of the gang who are in on this should be locked up for life.

This world is ruined by corrupt con-artists who are enslaving all of us to line their families pockets.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

It's called being a Global Warming Profiteer.
Jesse Ventura exposed the truth on one of his shows.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Do you understand what that means? ....... then the Earth loses too. The Environment is going to lose no matter what.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by harrytuttle]

I am sorry, but I don't agree about the earth losing.
Mankind losing yes, but the earth will win. Eventually it will have enough, kill every living thing and start fresh as it has before. Whether Global Warming, Ice Age, or whatever.

As far as Gore... I have been saying this since before he made his movie. Nice to see it come to light finally.

Great post!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Shade O. Danzer

Can we throw Al Gore in prison for collusion?
Who is the guy behind the curtain telling him what to do?
Al Gore is not smart enough to pull this off on his own.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Who is the guy behind the curtain telling him what to do?

Most likely The Club of Rome.

Some excerpts from this site

Founded in 1968 at David Rockefeller’s estate in Bellagio, Italy, the CoR describes itself as "a group of world citizens, sharing a common concern for the future of humanity." It consists of current and former Heads of State, UN beaureacrats, high-level politicians and government officials, diplomats, scientists, economists, and business leaders from around the globe.

The Club of Rome subsequently founded two sibling organizations, the Club of Budapest and the Club of Madrid. The former is focused on social and cultural aspects of their agenda, while the latter concentrates on the political aspects. All three of these 'Clubs' share many common members and hold joint meetings and conferences. As explained in other articles on this website it is abundantly clear that these are three heads of the same beast. The CoR has also established a network of 33 National Associations. Membership of the 'main Club' is limited to 100 individuals at any one time. Some members, like Al Gore and Maurice Strong, are affiliated through their respective National Associations (e.g. USACOR, CACOR etc).

long before Global Warming became a well known issue Al Gore and his Club of Rome colleagues stated that they would use the threat of global warming to unite humanity and "set the scene for mankind's encounter with the planet." In the same way that shamans and sooth-sayers in medieval times used their advance knowledge of when eclipses would occur to control and terrify their followers, they would use a natural phenomenon as their 'enemy' to achieve their objectives. But then they state that although Global Warming would be presented as the initial enemy, the real enemy of humanity would be portrayed as man himself. I am already noticing how frequently the terms climate change and overpopulation are being uttered in the same breath.

Gore is and always has been a paid stooge.

TA

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

Great link!
I see Maurice Strong on the list.
Jesse Ventura found some good info on him.
-- Conspiracy Theory --

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Good link. Starred and flagged.

Let's hope people start seeing the truth.

However, i still see some people who still want to claim mankind is responsible for Climate Change....they still claim this after it has been exposed as a SCAM?.... Even after we found out through the leaked emails that the main AGW scientists behind the SCAM were rigging and hiding data, making everything possible to hide the truth and to keep anyone from getting their original programs, and raw data...They also talked about ways to discredit anyone who dared question them and AGW....They talked about even changing the whole "peer-review" process if necessary to keep the scam alive... they even said they could not account for the lack of warming, and in fact we know at the same time the Sun's activity slowed down to a crawl the GLOBAL temperatures DROPPED....then scientists found that even with the Sun down that there was more energy/heat being transferred into the Earth's atmosphere by the soalr wind, which is also at an all time low but it was found to be heating the Earth's atmosphere....

But even after all these facts, and some people still want to claim AGW is real?.....

[edit on 7-1-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

new topics

top topics

join