It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report in - Prophetic dreams research

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Dear all,

Since dreams often reflect things to come, both on personal levels as well as larger and global levels, I am starting this thread as a possible way to predict certain events.

This will be simple enough - I ask anyone of you to post your dreams on a daily basis, or as often as you remember your dreams, no matter what they are about.

Then, we can compare these dreams and see if any events occuring the dreams play out in reality in the near future. If many people have dreams of the same events and these events do take place, we thus have confirmation on a method of using dreams as a way to preview the future.

This can be highly useful, and obviously helpful, for everyone all around the world.

So with that said, I highly encourage everyone to start reporting their dreams here - and let us see where this will lead.

May you sleep well, and hopefully dream sweet.

-Maggador

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IX-777

Hi Maggador!

I think this is a great idea, and I'll try and remember to write down my dreams when I wake up and then post them here.

I recently had a dream- last couple of weeks I think, where I looked up at the moon, and it was the only source of light I could see by. Slowly, it started to get darker and darker until it disappeared. It was odd because it seemed the darkness was scaring me in the dark, however I'm not really afraid of the dark.

I rarely have nightmares- I have maybe had 2 in the last 3 years, so this dream really bugs me.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
It is a great idea, everyone should subscribe to this. I am doing it in my evidence thread to try to continue capturing any packets of precognition that might arise.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
We should run tests and have data otherwise it'll just be a big storyboard.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still a dreamer all the way.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Great idea, and I know there was one in the past that I wrote in which another person and a few other people had a similar dream of a war being carried out ( on American soil if I remember ) [currently searching for the thread now, but more than likely I will not find it before I feel light-headed and go off to sleep]

Though in any event I will post whatever dreams I may have.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Recurring dreams are also of interest, so if you have dreams that you keep having over and over from time to time I would be more than interested in hearing about those too.

Personally I have a recurring dream where I am in some sort of prison and try to escape in various ways, get out, have to hide.

Well it is late, so I am heading for bed and hopefully some interesting dreams to report back in the morning.

Thanks to all whom will take part of this.

-Maggador

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I had 3 pretty vivid interesting dreams last night... so here we go.

I was in some parking/apartment compound, populated mostly by asians who didn't speak english. The pope was there for some reason, and there was a plot or conspiracy to assassinate him. I had some friends who couldn't speak a world of english, and together we chased the would-be assassinate all over the place, but any time we got close to him we would get scared and ran away.

Eventually we lost him, and came into this big empty concrete parking lot with a concrete roof. There was a hole in the middle, and as we approached it, a bald guy popped his head up, and he had some code of letters/numbers written on his forehead. I said, "well at least I don't have to prophezize on my forehead!", and then I woke up.

I was in the gaza strip, acting as some kind of reporter. I was shown around these horrific slums by kid who everyone in the town new, where all the houses were tin shacks without any kind of furniture, with a concrete floor.

There were very few adults, most everyone were young children. The living conditions were atrocious, with some children not even having tin shacks to sleep in, so they slept outside in the dirt. The weird thing though, was that most of the children seemed happy, and were delighted to talk to me and the kid showing me around.

3.(This one was really weird)

I was skiing in the woods, around an area that was reported to have some kind of secret underground black-ops base. As I was skiing, I broke some kind of roof, and fell through into this base, therefore exposing their secrets (being ET presence on earth) to the entire world.

All of a sudden I was at home, on my computer, and realized that this hadn't actually happened- It was a dream within a dream. I went on the ATS forums, and found that I had written the entire experience on the boards as if it had happened for real, and was getting lots of nasty messages about it. It was weird, because I hadn't even remembered writing it down, so it felt like I had gone into some kind of trance and written it down the night before.

But then, on the T.V., there was news that the same military base I had dreamed about exposing had been exposed that morning, in the same way, by none other than miley cyrus. Then everyone began treating me as some kind of prophet.

At this point, I kept waking up/falling asleep, and was in one of those limbo states where I coulnd't really tell whether I was dreaming or not, and I actually thought that this had happened. Then my alarm clock went off, and here I am at university, still a little disorientated

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I have had a lot of dreams that I felt were prophetic, but here are some that left an impression on me.

(1) My friend and I were shopping at a mall on this large city. We were having a good time buying stuff. We put our packages in the car and then leaving the city. We had to drive out of this garage area that was attached to an arena. The road went past the arena, I could see the metal beans from the arena going over the road forming a square tunnel like structure. As we were going down the road we saw on our right and our left, buildings that smoking and lying in ruins. The city no longer looked as it had when we first arrived, no there was nothing left but smoking piles of ruins and debris. Pieces of the buildings were coming off and landing on the road in front of us. I was swerving trying to avoid the falling debris.

(2) In this dream, in was in my house I was renting with my friend when I looked outside and saw police everywhere. They were in people's yards and in the street, talking to each other and people who lived there. For some reason, I felt like they were looking for me. So I said to my friend, you have to help me, I have to get out of here. My friend just went about her business as if she didn't hear me. She appeared to be in a zombie like state. So I thought I would walk out the door and down the street before anyone could see or recognize me, and that's what I did. I put my hood over my head and walked down the street and out of town.

(3) In this dream, my family and I were all sitting togeather in the living room when all of a sudden the door was kicked in. The dead bolt was locked, but it still was kicked in with one blow. In walked a group of military men with machine guns. They had on black boots, military pants and brown tee shirts. There hair was long, layered and dirty blond and they were very muscular. The leader of the group could speak English and he ordered us all into the bedroom until he could decide what to do with us. I could tell that he had a Russian accent. Then he told us that we had to go with them and we all ended up hiking down the road. The leader said if any of us complained, or couldn't keep up then we would be shot. We had to hike a long way at least three miles and there a vehicle was waiting to pick us up. I was concerned because some of my family members were too young or too old and some were not healthy enough to keep up. So I was hoping that we could all make it to where they were taking us.

(4) In this dream an announcement came over the television that we had to leave the area immediately, it was an emergency. We only had two hours to evacuate. I remember thinking to myself, what will I take with me. And as I was thinking about this, I looked over at the clock and there was only ten minutes left so I grabbed a few items of clothing and went out to my car. As I went out, I looked up and saw that a huge dark cloud mass was coming. I didn't know what it was but it was beginning to cover the entire sky. I knew that this dark cloud mass was dangerous and once it covered the sky, we would all in danger.

(5) In this dream, I was driving on a highway bridge that went over the water. This highway had at least an upper and lower level and there was brick tunnels that the lower level would go through. This served also to hold up the upper level. As I was driving along cars were going real fast passing me on the left and right. All of a sudden the ground started to shake violently. I remember thinking that I have to get off this bridge, but I had a long way to go. I was thinking that the upper level was going to fall on me and crush me or that the lower level would give way and I would end up in the water. It was scary to be in this situation. I wonder if this is a real place. Does anyone know where there would be a layed highway that goes over the water that has brick tunnels? The highway also has several loops and curves.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
One of the purposes of this thread is to gather dream reports and categorize them - something I will do on a private basis and then publish the results later in a more organized way.

Thus dreams about specific topics and events can be put into its own categories, and a percentage can be calculated on how many people have had more or less the same dreams.

-

Monts:

Interesting dreams, "dreams within dreams" are always quite fascinating.

Personally I had too little sleep last night, kept being intterupted by my kid waking me up crying.

The only thing I remember from last nights dreams is that I was in some pharmacy trying to get some hard to get medications - and I found a pharmacy where I was surprised on how easy it was to get those medications compared to all the other places.

Keep the reports coming, good material so far.

-Maggador

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
prophecywatcher:

Very interesting dreams indeed, feel free to report any time you have new dreams.

As a sidenote to everyone: I recommend keeping a dream journal next to your bed, on your night table if you have one, or simply under your pillow. Also have a pen along with it. Every time you wake up, either in the night - as most people do wake up a couple times during the night from fresh dreams, or in the morning - write down anything and everything you remember from the dream(s) you have had. Then lie down in bed and relax and simply revision the dream in your mind and see if more details comes, what more you can remember, and add that to your entry in the dream journal.

It is crucial to do this every day, whenever you awake, as you will greatly improve your dream recall as well as have a much better way of checking back on past dreams and look for various similarities and such in the future. It is also quite entertaining as you will have a great record of your dreams and you will keep finding yourself reading amazing dreams you had forgotten.

Another good tip is to say to yourself as you go to bed "I will have great memory of my dreams and remember everything", make it an affirmation you repeat over and over for a while as you fall asleep.

Also , later in the day, you may also notice you recall things from the dream you had in the night that you did not remember earlier: Immediately write this down either in your dream journal, or if you are at some other location write it down in any way you can, even on your cellphone if needed, so you can add this to your journal once you are back home.

Good luck to everyone!

-Maggador

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
A month ago I did post one very odd dream here but nothing ever came of it... of course it wasn't what I'd call prophetic anyway

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I don't think my dream has anything to do with a prophecy but, is interesting to note.

I guess I was at a subway station or something that resembled one and my friends and I were waiting for one to appear. The station was two floors with the train on top and we were waiting at the bottom. After we had missed the first train, I went back down to the first and then re-grouped with my friends. For some reason I guess we were a band and just started playing the heck of it ( don't know don't ask I'm still confused about this part to be honest )

After what seemed like a while of doing that I went back upstairs and found that a train was parked, or at least pulling in as the person driving it pulled it up a bit closer stopped where the door to the train was right in front of me. As I walked in it was a bright train, but soon the lights started to flicker a bit. Before I knew it another person came into the train some woman I didn't know and just asked "Who are you?"

I don't remember much after that, as it got hazy right after she asked that question it seems. Though bits and pieces of my dream (or perhaps dreams) yields a field somewhere in the country, and a barren wasteland city. Not sure how those are connected and I'll probably have to try and remember the rest throughout the day.

Anyway, that same lady I swear she's been in most of my dreams from the past and seems to be making a return now. I could have sworn I've seen her before in some of my previous ones so again not sure if it's prophetic or not, but was interesting to note and the fact that she appeared before in some dreams and making a re-appearance in this one.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I had a dream that essentially showed a major disaster the night before last.

I remember sitting in a room with a bunch of people I didn't know in a very nice house. We were on the second floor that offered views of the land out of one side and the ocean on the other.

We were sitting on the couches, talking, laughing, drinking, eating finger foods and just enjoying one another's company. Suddenly everything shook gently left, right, up down, side to side then it got worse and worse. Suddenly we heard a loud, nearly deafening rumble and what sounded almost like a sonic boom.

At that moment, everything went into slow motion and everyone was thrown into the air, and we were all flung against a wall. I remember looking into the eyes of these other people as their bodies slammed against the walls of the house, semi-splattering with blood and debris flying everywhere almost appearing weightless.

I looked out the window at the land and it literally looked like water, rolling waves. Everything was being thrown into the air, moving randomly, in a chaotic way, the debris getting thicker and thicker. While out the other window, the water itself filled the entire view, as I could see nothing but dark water out of it.

The house disintegrated and it almost looked like the ground under the house had flown away at a high rate of speed, leaving debris of the house in mid-air.

I viewed this all in slow-motion, like I was hovering in mid-air, and i remember looking at the stars, as the roof was now gone, and they were whirring by quickly.

Before I awoke I heard a very light, quiet voice say "The earth wobbled, it turned."

Very vivid, very intense dream.

What do you think?

[edit on 7-1-2010 by DJM8507]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts

Eventually we lost him, and came into this big empty concrete parking lot with a concrete roof. There was a hole in the middle, and as we approached it, a bald guy popped his head up, and he had some code of letters/numbers written on his forehead. I said, "well at least I don't have to prophezize on my forehead!", and then I woke up.

Can you remember what the code was?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
This dream thread perfectly coincides with the start of my dream recollections.

One

I am in bed starring up at the ceiling and all of a sudden it starts to crack, and crack, and shatter as it breaks apart, falling down in sections. I stand up startled and see a friend Eric take a step in the bedroom which is directly in the doorway, see the event and then turn and walk out of the room with his eyes widened.

I awake the following day only to realize something important happened though now I cannot recall what this event was. I should have written it down.

Two

I am holding a pill with two colors, red and another color with a line divider straight down the center. I stare at it and then swallow the pill. I start walking in a direction on what appears to be a distorted street and then I say “my stomach hurts” and then “I feel horrible in my stomach.”

I awake the following day with a hangover and my stomach hurt all day.

Three

I am in a dark room with a bald man, and this man has an eye above and between his normal eyes, and this eye starts to radiate light and the light is blue and then light purple and the very dark purple. I then begin to feel as if I am moving inwards toward the eye and I find myself melting into the eye entirely.

I awake and later that day I meet ‘YouAreDreaming’ on ATS and I send him a message explaining this very dream. For your benefit take a gander at his avatar.

Four

I am in a field, alone and walking through what appears to be wheat. I see a small hill and as I reach the top I see a girl and a guy and I take note that the girl is attractive. She smiles as I take this mental note. I wondered if she knew what had just happened. The guy leans over and holds out a bundled up twenty dollar bill. I shake my head and hands and say “no thanks” or something to that effect. The guy then tosses a quarter at me and I pick it up and toss it back. We toss quarters at each other in a playful way for several moments.

I awake and later that day I watched a movie “The Explorers” and see that at one point during the movie a kid pays for something at a movie and asks for his change back in the form of a twenty dollar bill. The lady at the counter says that “is not his change” and then hands him the proper change. The boy then looks dissatisfied that his ploy did not work.

Five

I am watching a man with long black hair as he is being questioned in what appears to be a police compound. The man reaches up and states something that I cannot recall and then grabs his hair and tugs on it in a back-and-forth motion. There are at least two cops starring at him. I then become aware that I am moving around as if I am floating in the air. Where is my body?

I awake.

This fifth dream is déjà vu to me in a weird way. I recall seeing this man and this exact event before. There was many other dreams in the last several days and with much more experience though several incidents startled my memories. I have since set a dream diary next to my bed and I am ready for future dreams.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IX-777

I dreamed your all going to die

slow slow very slow.. unless you wake up

stop looking for answers.. you are the answer..

[edit on 7-1-2010 by 13579]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
DJM8507:

I had a dream that was rather similar to yours,

In mine, I dreamt a sudden cataclysmic event took place, it seemed that gravity itself stopped working properly, with people falling "upwards" into the sky, and I had to hold myself to rocks, and there were earthquakes, and storms, and places that used to be cold were suddenly hot, and the other way around.

This was also a very vivid and strong dream, though it is some time ago now, I still remember it clearly.

Another dream I had, was an "aftermath" scenario, where I found myself in a desolated city with broken buildings and debries all over. I am not sure if this was the results of a war or something else, nor where in the world I was. I did look at a newspaper in a store I walked through, and the year was 2010. This is also an older dream, that I had a couple years back.

-Maggador

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
13579:

It is good that you feel so confident about yourself and your beliefs.

And you are free to do so.

Dreams connect us all on a collective consciousness level, it is where you find the archetypical beings, the intuition of the race, and much more. It is not only a personal aspect for ones own internal state of being, but also an transpersonal aspect for the external state of being - which means us all.

I could write exstensively on the meaning of dreams and how to interpret them, but that is not the purpose of this thread. And, I have already written about that previously on my website.

In either case, thanks for you not so insightful comment, and your ability to stay off topic. Perhaps you are the one with issues and not me.

Blessings be with you, and dream well.

-Maggador

[edit on 8-1-2010 by IX-777]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by IX-777

I agree that dreams connect us at this collective consciousness view. Consciousness uses dreams to construct and organize thoughts into a language that takes on dimensionality. We share in this language at a higher level of consciousness outside the limits of our waking physical consciousness.

Non-verbal communication is another way of describing what dreaming entails. For me, all there is this consciousness system that organizes thoughts in to dreams, some of which become this reality.

The dream/reality relationship becomes apparent with ample precognitive experiences. They are one and the same. Just the dream came first, not reality. Consciousness is reality.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join