It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neat Dream: Communication disruptions and the moon being very close (large in the sky)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I had an odd dream. One of those dreams where it seems less like a dream and more like a memory. I'm not saying I think this dream has any special meaning...I just thought I'd share it because it was one of those dreams that I will probably remember forever.

In my dream the world was experiencing proplems with communication. Land line phones, cell phones, internet, radio, tv...there were all having issues. They all still worked, but not reliable. For example, talking on the phone would sound like you had a bad cell connection with voices cutting in and out. But this would happen even on land lines. On the internet you would get huge pauses in connectivity, but otherwise the internet was still fast if you had a good connection...just would lose it for a few minutes for no reason. Same with radio and tv...everything worked except that you would get interruptions or pauses. And no one seemed to know why all this was happening. I didn't see or experience any of this in my dream...but I knew about it and we (my family) were talking about it. We were talking about it because it had all of a sudden gotten worse...it was now more like total disruption and communication was shut down.

So I am outside with my family talking about this...and I look up in the sky. It was night time...and lots of clouds moving fairly fast. But they were illuminated a lot by the moon behind it. And I notice that the moon is huge. I'm not talking twice the size or 3 times the size. I'm thinking more like 10 times the size or more. The best way I can explain the size is if you were standing in a sports dome and looked up at the ceiling...it was that big...but not that close. You could tell it was still out in "space"...but you could also tell it was a lot closer. The other really odd thing was that I could see lights (bluish in color) all over the moon...like cities. In my dream I ask everyone I'm talking to if they see the moon...they all kind of look at me odd and tell me it's been like that for awhile. In my dream I knew that the moon was the cause of these communication issues...but no one else seemed to think so or to think that the moon being so much closer and having visible lighted cities to be a big deal.

I don't really have a question about this. I don't think it is a vision of the future or think it has a hidden meaning. I just thought it was a pretty cool dream and wanted to share it and see if anyone else has had cool dreams about the moon. Anyone else have any cool dreams that involve the moon being closer to the earth and/or being able to see lighted cities on it?? Or just a interesting dream will do.

I don't even know if this is in the correct section, so if it isn't, mods feel free to move it.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
You haven't watched the Japanese Anime "Ponyo" recently have you?

IRM

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

No...I haven't even heard of Ponyo before.

Is it similar?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

That is a pretty cool dream...

I had a dream a while back where I was driving home from the grocery store, at night, and the light that I could see by was moonlight.

I stopped the car, got outside, and looked up at the moon. All of a sudden, I got this feeling of sheer terror, and as I looked up at the moon, It slowly started to become darker, and darker, until it was completely dark, and I couldn't see anything- EVERYTHING was black. I was absolutely terrified for some reason... which is odd because I have never really been that afraid of the dark.

I think I recently had another dream where the moon disappeared and everything went dark, but I forget the details.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Is it similar?

Part of the storyline has those themes... radio's not working and the moon moving closer to Earth.

IRM

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Is it similar?

Part of the storyline has those themes... radio's not working and the moon moving closer to Earth.

IRM

I just looked it up on Wikipedia...funny that is in there.

Now that I looked it up I do remember seeing trailers for this on TV awhile back. I wonder if I somehow subconsciously picked up that theme...I don't even know if they show that in the trailers tho.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

That is a pretty cool dream...

I had a dream a while back where I was driving home from the grocery store, at night, and the light that I could see by was moonlight.

I stopped the car, got outside, and looked up at the moon. All of a sudden, I got this feeling of sheer terror, and as I looked up at the moon, It slowly started to become darker, and darker, until it was completely dark, and I couldn't see anything- EVERYTHING was black. I was absolutely terrified for some reason... which is odd because I have never really been that afraid of the dark.

I think I recently had another dream where the moon disappeared and everything went dark, but I forget the details.

Yikes...I don't know what would be more scary...the moon getting closer or the moon disappearing.

I think I like the moon right where it is at. Just dreams...right?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I also dreamed that the moon was that close to the earth earlier in December. I don't usually remember my dreams either so it was weird that that one particularly stands out.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dinahshore
I also dreamed that the moon was that close to the earth earlier in December. I don't usually remember my dreams either so it was weird that that one particularly stands out.

Yeah...that is odd.

All I know is that I hope I never see the moon that close in real life. Even though in my dream it seemed kind of natural...I'm sure it would not be.

top topics

join