It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Chief: Probe Climategate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Sunday, 03 Jan 2010 05:11 PM

A former director of the National Hurricane Center called Sunday for an investigation into the “scientific debauchery revealed by ‘Climategate,’” citing the way global warming skeptics have been marginalized by the mainstream media.

The emails not only are troubling because of what they reveal about how some scientists played with data, according to Neil Frank, who directed the National Hurricane Center for over a decade, but for the flawed assumptions they make about the role of CO2’s effects on warming. Frank called for the investigation Sunday in an article in the Houston Chronicle.

Climategate is the scandal that began when hackers penetrated the computers of the Climate Research Unit, or CRU, of the United Kingdom's University of East Anglia, exposing thousands of e-mails and other documents. One of the top climate research centers in the world, CRU has been the source for much of the evidence supporting climate change theory.

But any of the exchanges were between top mainstream climate scientists in Britain and the U.S. in the emails suggested that data that didn’t support the global warming theory was being altered or ignored.

“Among the more troubling revelations were data adjustments enhancing the perception that man is causing global warming through the release of carbon dioxide (CO2) and other atmospheric greenhouse gases,” wrote Frank, who was director of the National Hurricane Center from 1974 to 1987.

newsmax.com...

The "blunder" made by the AGW scammers who once, a log time ago MAYBE used to be scientists, and the fact that nature itself has been playing against them, it should be clear that the truth is winning, at least on this instance.

U.S. East Coast Faces Deep Freeze; Florida Oranges Threatened

By Dan Hart

Jan. 2 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. East Coast faces the coldest night of the season as frigid air spills south and threatens agriculture in Georgia, Alabama and the orange crop in Florida.

Freeze warnings were posted by the National Weather Service as far south as the Orlando area, which may be as many as 20 degrees below normal tonight, the National Weather Service said. The advisory alerts growers that subfreezing temperatures are imminent and may kill crops or other sensitive vegetation.

Tampa and others cities in the central part of the state are under a freeze warning from 1 a.m. to 9 a.m. local time tomorrow. Temperatures may fall below 32 degrees Fahrenheit (zero Celsius) for more than three consecutive hours, the National Weather Service in Tampa said on its Web site.

“This is a pretty significant cold snap,” Matt Keefe, a meteorologist with AccuWeather.com Inc. in State College, Pennsylvania, said in a telephone interview. “This could really put a hurting on the citrus crop.” He said the jet stream, which normally keeps the coldest air north of the Hudson Bay in Canada, is centered over parts of Alabama and Mississippi. “The cold temperatures could last for a good part of the week,” he said.

Jacksonville, Florida, may see a record low tonight, Keefe said. The Miami area will see temperatures 12 degrees to 13 degrees below normal for this time of year, Keefe said.

www.bloomberg.com...

And before the AGW fans continue putting their feet on their mouths this is not only happening in the U.S. but around the whole globe, and we can see some of such events in some other links given by other members.

The AGW religion, hopefully, is at it's final breaths..unless those with an agenda to gain by continuing to claim AGW is happening will continue to "deny, deny, deny" or just ignore, and dismiss everything that refutes their religion continue to do so, and people fall for it once again....

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I'm glad to see that this is still being opposed.
How many "Global Warming" jokes were attempted today, I wonder?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dogdish
I'm glad to see that this is still being opposed.
How many "Global Warming" jokes were attempted today, I wonder?

What are you refering to "this is still being opposed"?

You don't make it clear in your statements as to what exactly you are referring to, and what do Global Warming jokes have to do with this?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I was referring to the global warming fraud. It seems to have all but disappeared. I was thinking that the world had forgotten about it.
The idea I got from your thread was that the truth is being spread. Maybe that Copenhagen treaty will not happen. May even be some hope of following something like this up with some prosecution of the fraud.

The "global warming jokes" were just that. Picture smokers outside and freezing, saying things like: "Must be the global warming. Haha." Or; "I hope that global warming thing kicks in pretty soon, I'm freezing."
Like I said, "attempting" a joke.

Sorry about my muddled way with words, I wanted to post to both bring attention to your thread, and make it easy for me to find today.

new topics

top topics

join