It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please stop using fearmongery to influence the joining of religeous cults

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
is anybody else completely fed up of reading religeous ramblings in an attempt to pertrify you with the pending doom of the earth and the only way to salvation being the practise of what their particular religeon or cult performs.

i am by no means anti religeous, i do not believe in any particular religeon however. but from a neatural standing point with their being so many variations of specific religeous practises, whats the probability that anyone of them is right?

im all for the ethical implications of religeon which i beleive was their primary design. to simply persuade man to behave in a more humane and ethical way. NOT the exentric ramblings of doom torture and devils and hell coming to earth in the very near future. Fearmongery is not described as a tool for publication of christianity.

im sorry to say that i have the most profound disrespect for those people who are using fear of doom as a primary source to convert to their religeous following, jesus would be most displeased by you

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
i most definatly agree with myself
no really stop it, its not fair to high sujestable people, and besides coming from your side of the coin. im pretty sure you have to believe in God because hes God not because your scared of death to be granted salvation.

on a last note. really just stop it, your soiling the most beautiful intelectual atmosphere here on ATS, this is not an advertising site

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by C1OUD

Yup

Your crazy enough

welcome sir

( not a fan of the religous zealots either)

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Christians believe "Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom".

I can't speak for others,but any "warnings" I may deliver are done out of love. Love for you,and love for God,who calls us to be watchmen and warn others.

If anything,I wish people would quit overusing the term "fearmongering"!

You'll never hear me become abusive of those who don't agree with what I believe. I never say anyone is "going to hell" if they don't agree.

But if I think your drink is poisoned and allow you to drink it without saying,"Hey! That's not good for you!",then I don't have much love for you,do I?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I agree with you OP. I'm thinking of one person in particular that has recently taken center stage at ATS. The posts read like a good story, but a thriller story, full of fear mongering. I can see through it as many can, but it is disheartening when you see that some people are swallowing it as truth.

If only they were aware of the law of attraction, you get what you concentrate on. Tptb know full well how powerful the law of attraction is and they use religion and doomsday hype to steer us in the direction of self destruction. If everyone would look to the future with hope and positivity, we could change the world for the better.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
i can see your side of the coin, as i said i have nothing against religeous people, im very good freinds with one very quite religeous person, we have endless discusions infact of theoriest about god and creation and science. ( myself being scientist in nature )

but the point is theirs extremes on every scale. and i have grown quite tired of looking for answers and finding only religeous advertisment in their place.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eladria
If only they were aware of the law of attraction, you get what you concentrate on. Tptb know full well how powerful the law of attraction is and they use religion and doomsday hype to steer us in the direction of self destruction. If everyone would look to the future with hope and positivity, we could change the world for the better.

You mean if everyone would just "think happy thoughts" all the evil in the world will disappear?

If your law of attraction works as good as you seem to believe,tell me,have you won the lottery lately? Why not?

People who point out the danger aren't the one causing it. Most people I know just wish TBTB would leave them alone so they could live "happily ever after"!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Fear of the Lord does not mean the way you are using it.

It more accurately means to be in awe of, or to deeply respect. In the manner you would fear letting your parents or a loved one down.

You are referring it to fear of the unknown. The way one would fear a shark, or a predator, and that isn't right at all.

A Jewish member here said it was more in terms of the "flow" or "spirit" of the lord. To receive it. And that I also feel is agreeable.

Heck, I'm not even a Christian, and I'm certainly not a fan of the Catholic Church. But they know and understand the meaning of "Fear of the Lord", and I know several other Christians who aren't Catholics who know what it means as well.

You can't instill true fear of the Lord into anyone. All you do is what Jesus scolds the Pharisees about, make a religious convert and turn them into children of Hell.

If you want to help someone, help them with understanding, not fear.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by C1OUD

im sorry to say that i have the most profound disrespect for those people who are using fear of doom as a primary source to convert to their religeous following, jesus would be most displeased by you

I am sure you have heard atleast once the popular phrase "Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do."

Right?

A2D

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
One day cults will die, it's just in time that this will happen.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
i say:

please STOP fear-mongering PERIOD

i'm so sick of all of humanity being held back by group hysteria!
it's not just religion
that's just a venue

it is human nature
we must overcome that nature

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
A Jewish member here said it was more in terms of the "flow" or "spirit" of the lord. To receive it. And that I also feel is agreeable.

that was me
i'm not Jewish
i'm not any kind of -ish, -ism, or -ist

just saying

it was, however, from the ancient-hebrew.org website, of which the brain behind is not Jewish, either, but truly does know his stuff.

i'm glad that stuck with you!
thanks

[edit on 1/7/2010 by queenannie38]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

It more accurately means to be in awe of, or to deeply respect. In the manner you would fear letting your parents or a loved one down.

You are referring it to fear of the unknown. The way one would fear a shark, or a predator, and that isn't right at all.

Heck, I'm not even a Christian, and I'm certainly not a fan of the Catholic Church. But they know and understand the meaning of "Fear of the Lord", and I know several other Christians who aren't Catholics who know what it means as well.

You can't instill true fear of the Lord into anyone. All you do is what Jesus scolds the Pharisees about, make a religious convert and turn them into children of Hell.

"Should you not fear me?",declares the Lord.
"Should you not tremble in my presence?"

"I made the sand a boundary for the sea,an everlasting barrier it cannot cross.

The waves may roll,but they cannot prevail;they may roar,but they cannot cross it.

But these people have stubborn and rebellious hearts;they have turned aside and gone away.

They do not say to themselves,'Let us fear the Lord our God,who gives fall and spring rains in season,who assures us of the regular weeks of harvest'.

Your wrongdoings have kept these away;your sins have deprived you of good.

Among my people are wicked men who lie in wait like men who snare birds and like those who set traps to catch men.

Like cages full of birds,their houses are full of deceit;they have become rich and powerful and have grown fat and sleek.

Their evil deeds have no limit;they do not plead the case of the fatherless to win it,they do not defend the rights of the poor.

Should I not punish them for this? declares the Lord.
Should I not avenge myself on such a nation as this?

A horrible and shocking thing has happened in the land.
The prophets prophecy lies,the priests rule by their own authority,and my people love it this way.

But what will you do in the end?"

From Jeremiah 5:25-31
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is this what I said that you were referring to? Because this statement is more of an over-reaching one,relating to an overall theme that my posts may have.

QUOTE:

..."Christians believe "Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom".

...I can't speak for others,but any "warnings" I may deliver are done out of love. Love for you,and love for God,who calls us to be watchmen and warn others.

...If anything,I wish people would quit overusing the term "fearmongering"!

...You'll never hear me become abusive of those who don't agree with what I believe. I never say anyone is "going to hell" if they don't agree.

...But if I think your drink is poisoned and allow you to drink it without saying,"Hey! That's not good for you!",then I don't have much love for you,do I?"...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know exactly what you found upsetting about what I said. I don't know where "fear of the unknown" comes in to it. When I speak of "prophecy",that is fairly well known. And "doomsday" scenarios come as much from the entertainment industry as from the words of prophecy. (At least God,as our Father,offers us hope!-Which is also found throughout my posts.)

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by C1OUD

You are going to hell for this post.....

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I'll just give you a quick verse that you skipped over in all that. It pertains to who he is talking too.

21Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not:

What did I say? Give them understanding, then they can see what the eyes can't see, and they can hear what the ears can't hear.

It's what I talk about day after day.

They MUST have understanding before they can do any of it. Psalm 111:10, a good understanding have all those who keep the commandments and do the will of the father.

Now then, because you do not give understanding, but instead give fear then all you are really doing is getting religious converts. Who will take up the traditions and rituals of religion and so forth. Which oddly enough is actually the kind of stuff Jeremiah was sent to speak against. The idol worship and such of organized religion of men.

Because it's understanding, not fear that brings people closer to god. What people who use fear mongering actually do is use the fear of god(unknown) in order to get man to join their religion because it is their religion that will "save/protect" them. And sorry, but that is all contrary to what Jesus and those before him were about.

[edit on 1/7/2010 by badmedia]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

And if you did wrong,your father,would discipline you for it,if he loved you,correct?(And isn't that sometimes a fearful thing? If you've ever heard,"Just wait until your dad gets home!")

And if you loved your father,you would want to please him and keep his laws,correct?

As far as end-times "Fearmongering",if that is what you are referring to,then I take it you have an objection to the movie industry as well,because of their endless "doomsday" scenarios?

At least The Lord offers hope and salvation for those who seek Him !

God does want people to pay attention to what is happening and why.And mostly,He's patient so all that will come to Him can...before it's too late.

That's all I'm talking about.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
No reason to bring fear you'll get stuck in it. not to get off subject but H(e)d P.E. is a good band, have you heard of them.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

The father does not just tell you the commandments along with a "do it because I told you so, and I'm going to punish your for eternity if you don't".

The father instead gives understanding of why the commandments are there and why they must be kept. In doing so, it allows those who understand to keep them properly, and also to know what is not a commandment and so forth, as men like to claim "extra" things to do.

When you have understanding, then you can hear the words of the father and see them etc. When the person just accepts things, then they don't understand anything. And fear is nothing but a tool of acceptance.

It's the difference in someone who understands math, and someone who repeats 1+1=2 because someone told them. The repeater is ignorance/blind and can't see the true math behind the equation. Meanwhile, the one who understands math, knows 1+1=2 based on the understanding, not out of repetition. This person is able to then apply that basic understanding to their lives and use the understanding and follow it etc. The person who accepts does not and can not.

Repent means to fix/change.

Sin means mistake.

To repent for your sins means to fix your mistakes. You give broad warnings to convert people into religion and a belief system. That does not help them fix their mistakes. Understanding helps them fix their mistakes.

That is how people are able to forgive sins with the holy spirit. What does the holy spirit do? John 14:26. It gives understanding. And if someone has the holy spirit, then they can show someone else the understanding, how to repent/fix their mistakes and then they can be forgiven for them etc.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I don't see the fear-mongering. I see genuine concern that is interpreted as "fear-mongering" because of your FEAR...

If you didn't fear such ends, you wouldn't call this "fear-mongering"...

There must first be a "fear" in order to "monger" or "promote" it...

If I told you there was a giant squid in your closet that eats humans..would you fear it? Not likely because you don't fear it already....

Don't let your mind play tricks on you friend. We fear things because they're real and fright-worthy....We do not fear imaginary things....

A2D

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I'll just give you a quick verse that you skipped over in all that. It pertains to who he is talking too.

21Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not:

What did I say? Give them understanding, then they can see what the eyes can't see, and they can hear what the ears can't hear.

It's what I talk about day after day.

They MUST understanding before they can do any of it. Psalm 111:10, a good understanding have all those who keep the commandments and do the will of the father.

Now then, because you do not give understanding, but instead give fear then all you are really doing is getting religious converts. Who will take up the traditions and rituals of religion and so forth. Which oddly enough is actually the kind of stuff Jeremiah was sent to speak against. The idol worship and such of organized religion of men.

Because it's understanding, not fear that brings people closer to god. What people who use fear mongering actually do is use the fear of god(unknown) in order to get man to join their religion because it is their religion that will "save/protect" them. And sorry, but that is all contrary to what Jesus and those before him were about.

And I never talk about praying for God to open eyes and hearts for understanding?(C'mon,I know you've read several of my posts!)

I don't "preach" Rituals or Religion.

I preach putting faith in a living God.

First,if people don't have appreciation for the word of God,or the gospel,or deny He made the world,they probably missed out on all the love and compassion. They've missed out on alot.

What's left then? In my mind,sometimes just causing them to question prophecy and the word of God may be all it takes for them to seek the truth themselves. I can't convince anyone-only God can open hearts and minds. If you don't understand what I'm saying when I warn about "poison being mixed in with good food",then you don't see what I'm saying at all!

What kind of "understanding" is it that you speak of that will lead people to repent and seek salvation?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join