It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobile phone radiation 'protects' against Alzheimer's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk

After all the concern over possible damage to health from using mobile phones, scientists have found a potential benefit from radiation.

The researchers conclude that electro-magnetic field exposure could be an effective, non-invasive and drug-free way to prevent and treat Alzheimer's disease in humans
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Wow, so after all the fuss about phones causing brain tumurs etc, we now have some evidence to suggest there are benefits too!

I wonder how much the benefits outweigh the dangers, I guess thats the thing.

I'm still not going to buy my kids a Mobile Phone, i'm sticking to my guns on that one.

news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

news.bbc.co.uk

After all the concern over possible damage to health from using mobile phones, scientists have found a potential benefit from radiation.

The researchers conclude that electro-magnetic field exposure could be an effective, non-invasive and drug-free way to prevent and treat Alzheimer's disease in humans

wow nice find buddy, surprised nobodies replied... "electro-magnetic field exposure" is basically talking about everything in the universe though, isnt it?

boo..

So basically are we expected to eat this BS? mobile phones cure alzheimer's but cause DNA fragmentation , lol, I've heard it all now.

Abductee

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Prevent one problem and create another... Just like how you take one pill for something and need another 5 to ease the 100 other problems it causes...

Well, I guess I should start leaving my microwave oven door open to help prevent cancer...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

How is leaving the door open going to help? Is that little light bulb that powerful?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

It's a sarcastic reply to the title of the thread...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by UFOabducteebe

yep, i dont believe that the phones do more good than harm, thats for sure. I imagine that most people won't get alzheimers, because the phones will already have killed them with brain tumours!!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This is basically idiotic, for one simple reason.
Have you any idea to what degree anyone living in/near a city (and even elsewhere, of course) is bathed in the "signals" sent by cellphones? Think 3g technology, that exponentially increased the amount of radiation. Think multiple operator companies, each with their network. Think how when you take a walk, mostly everyone has a cellphone glued to their ears, transmitting.
So based on this premise, that we are CONSTANTLY being bombarded with such frequencies, how do you explain the SHARP INCREASE of this disease? Because surely, if it is even slightly benefitial (which its not), how are there even more cases? Lets not even discuss the cancer epidemic, of course.

top topics

join