It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threshold for Getting Onto No-Fly List Lowered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Threshold for Getting Onto No-Fly List Lowered

www.wired.com

The government has lowered the criteria for putting someone on a watch list or no-fly list, and has revoked several U.S. visas as a result, according to CNN.

The action will result in more people being grounded from flights or undergoing secondary screening at airports. Officials wouldn’t indicate how many people might be affected.

The terrorist watch list has about 400,000 names on it, according to the most recent figures reported by the government. Most of them are non-U.S. citizens, and the
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
edition.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Ah, now it becomes a little clearer. This was the goal of the X-mas day bombing attempt. He was never meant to succeed, just get caught to crank up the paranoia.

They've actually gone back and revoked some visas, that's a bit rough.

Do you think this is a good move ATS?

All the best, Kiwifoot!

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'm on it, it's actually not that hard.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Is this a good move? Who knows...Will it stop an attack that they either know about or planned? Nope...The christmas day bomber had an accomplice that nobody chooses to acknowledge. We may be catching bombers and putting them on lists but the brains of the operation whether it be a government or terrorist organization wont stop and we'll be forced in a few years to again modify our flight safety standards as I'm sure they will think of something else to do with explosive materials and flying...

I hate flying...I don't need another reason to hate it but now I'm going out of my way to avoid flying totally as theres no guarantee your flight will make it to its destination when we're letting people without passports board planes and ignoring witness testimony of possible accomplices to a terrorist attack.

I will say this...these materials may be dangerous when composed in the proper way but because of the nature of how this "device" was supposed to go off and the fact that some rookie terrorist thought he'd succeed...this attack was destined to be thwarted and stopped and basically be a failure. Almost like it was supposed to be...I'm not saying they wouldn't want the plane to blow up- but I think whoever was behind this was ready to fail... Which is why I leave an eyebrow raised at this whole situation...Too many conveniences in this case.

Either way...I'll be on ground for as long as possible.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfAces

I will say this...these materials may be dangerous when composed in the proper way but because of the nature of how this "device" was supposed to go off and the fact that some rookie terrorist thought he'd succeed...this attack was destined to be thwarted and stopped and basically be a failure. Almost like it was supposed to be...I'm not saying they wouldn't want the plane to blow up- but I think whoever was behind this was ready to fail... Which is why I leave an eyebrow raised at this whole situation...Too many conveniences in this case.

I agree. As soon as I read this article it just convinced me that this was a load of poo, and the only reason this guy made it on the plane was because he was let on.

Like you I believe he was never meant to succeed!

new topics

top topics

join