It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Explosive" at California airport found to be HONEY!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

"Explosive" at California airport found to be honey

www.reuters.com

U.S. Transportation and Security administration screeners turned up five Gatorade bottles full of what they called a "suspicious-looking liquid." Swabs of the bag and bottles tested positive for the explosives TNT and TATP.

When the bottles were opened, two of the screeners smelled a strong chemical odor, complained of nausea and were rushed to a local hospital, where they treated and released, Kern County Sheriff's spokesman Michael Whorf said.

Kern County Sheriffs deputies, fire crews, FBI agents and members of a "joint terrorism task force" responded to the scene and spent the da
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/6/2010 by x2Strongx]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
ROTFLMAO!!!

This goes to show what kind of people the TSA has hired. These are nothing but $15.00 an hour average Joe that doesn't have the best of training just going through the motions to get their paycheck. They saw a chance to have a lawsuit and they jumped at it. Complained of a strong chemical odor and was nauseated.

They need to really take a hard look at the TSA program and make changes... otherwise something really bad is going to happen!

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would respond, but to be frank I JUST CANT STOP LAUGHING!!

Mod edit: Reduced amount of smilies in post.

[edit on 1/6/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It is no secret that has baffled scientists and farmers alike for the past decade that honeybees have been disappearing in the wild at an alarming rate.

Much research has been done as the honeybee is critical to agriculture and the pollination process that allows plants to both flourish and reproduce, yet scientists have been unable to come up with a conclusive reason for their disappearance until now.

Clearly the honeybees have stopped their pollination efforts to join a terrorist led cause to destroy the United States of America.

I suspected as much as shortly after NAFTA Texans noticed that many South American Killer Bees were illegally crossing the U.S. Border and taking the jobs of American Honeybees.

Congress failed to put a stop to this and clearly the American Honeybees like so many other oppressed and displaced populations of the planet have taken to terrorism to end the oppression against them.

When are we going to start addressing the root causes of terrorism? Who will be next the American Hamster or Gerbil as Chinese Hamsters and Gerbils flood the pet stores? Imagine if you will just one undetected Gerbil could do to an aircraft in flight if it got to the vital wiring inside the plane’s hull and infrastructure?

Dark days ahead to be sure!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I remember some sheriff back in the early eighties, maybe, who arrested a guy at a small airport in Arizona for smuggling "crystal '___'", despite the pilot's claims that it was Ovaltine.

Sheriff sent the sample to the feds who thanked him for the hot chocolate, and asked him what he wanted them to test. I see his relatives are working airport security now.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

PT you have been cracking me up lately!!

TSA is a joke! Airline security is an even bigger joke!!

The biggest joke of all though is Reuters and the AP!!!

I hope someone gets fired! They were "nauseated" because they thought it would get them a day or two off work, and just in case something went boom, they wanted to be across town! LOLOLOL!!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
How many body cavity searches were done for that honey?

Let's escalate the war EVEN FURTHER and destroy the rest of our freedoms....after all....WE HAVE PLENTY OF MONEY!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
So now terrorists can spill honey in all of the airport entrances. Everybody entering the airport will test positive. After the thousandth consecutive false positive the TSA workers will let their guard down and terrorists can slip on by.

I have considered a similar strategy for drug dealers who could sprinkle trace amounts of coc aine or heroine about so the dogs detect it on everybody who comes in contact.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by Deny Arrogance]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

I think you'll find that more people die in the US from Honey contact than those that die from dark skinned terrorists. It’s a sugar and a lot of people die from too much sugar even if it is natural Honey. Go on Google it

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

PT you have been cracking me up lately!!

TSA is a joke! Airline security is an even bigger joke!!

The biggest joke of all though is Reuters and the AP!!!

I hope someone gets fired! They were "nauseated" because they thought it would get them a day or two off work, and just in case something went boom, they wanted to be across town! LOLOLOL!!

If only exploding honey bioengineered by ingenious honeybees bent on a terrorist reprisal for allowing their jobs to be taken by South American Killer Bees was a laughing matter.

These honeybees could be hiding their explosive honey labs anywhere. For all we know hives exist right under our noses tucked away under the eves and foundations of our very garages and homes!

I never thought I would support it, but clearly we need Martial Law with door to door searches with troops armed with flame throwers to destroy these suspect honeybee hives where ever they exist.

We must not be fooled by these news reports that it is only honey! Clearly it is not just honey and the government is purposefully trying to keep secret the true perilous nature of this latest terrorist threat against the homeland.

We have to remain both vigilant and cognizant in the War on Bees, they are all potential suicide agents of terror, as they know that when they sting their victim that it will dislodge their stinger dealing the bee itself a mortal blow.

Yet they do not hesitate to martyr themselves in this fashion.

What can, what could any decent moral people do in the face of such insidious evil I ask you, in the face of such wanton and callous disregard for life that they would so quickly and willingly and unquestioningly lay down their own.

Clearly the War on Terror is widening it is no longer simply disaffected religious radicals who have taken exception to America’s preordained destiny to rule the world but now insect species too rally against us to sew the seeds of ignorance and chaos.

We must arm ourselves with raid and fly swatters and go no place without them, we must preprogram Homeland Security’s phone numbers into our cell phones, we all must do our part in the War on Honeybees and keep American free and strong!

No nothing to laugh about here my friend, nothing at all.

I have seen the face of evil this day, and it is fury and has big bug eyes, and a stinger!

[edit on 6/1/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mlmijyd
reply to post by x2Strongx

I think you'll find that more people die in the US from Honey contact than those that die from dark skinned terrorists. It’s a sugar and a lot of people die from too much sugar even if it is natural Honey. Go on Google it

I think you are probably wrong. Sugar YES! Honey NO!

Honey is the "perfect" food. It has natural enzymes that keep bacteria from growing in it. It is a "perfect" blend of sucrose and glucose, and many diabetics find that they can tolerate a large amount of honey without adversely affecting their insulin levels!

On the other hand "Refined Sugar" or "White Sugar" are extremely toxic, they cause a cascade of chemical reactions in the body, and they surely kill more people every year than every act of terrorism in the world combined!!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have found a video on YouTube of these Honeybees celebrating their terrorist attack.

Don't be fooled America!

The Honeybee threat is real as evidenced by these dancing and singing bees.

After watching this boastful bee and his band sing and dance and play their instruments the plot is clear...in his ritual song he not only proclaims himself a King but extolls his Queen for the two of them to make honey like the world has never seen!

Honey like the world has never seen?

[edit on 6/1/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I am puzzled, was their testing equipment not working that day, or does honey have explosive traces like playing cards do? Great story though just goes to show how over the top the security is in the US, as well as in the UK.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
So that's where all the bees went... They were secretly scooped up in a worldwide operation by the CIA, and rendishioned to Guantanamo.

Pesky little terrorists

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

how do you make Winnie the poo angry???.............................................................................................................................................. .............stick two fingers into his honey

maybe thats why those terrorist are so angry!

[edit on 6-1-2010 by zeuseadam]

MBF

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Back when the government said that they were replacing the airport screeners with 30,000 government employees, I wondered where the he** was the warehouse was that they had 30,000 government employees stored. I know somebody that worked for homeland security that told me that she had been working for 2 weeks and was put in charge of retraining the screeners and she knew less than they did. She said that homeland security was nothing but a scam.

Those MORONS that "got sick and had to be treated" were just looking for a check. I hope they feel STUPID now and I hope everybody that knows them will remind them of it constantly.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by MBF]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neo5842

The bottles (exterior), bag they were in (interior), and the honey all tested positive. source

The passenger is said to be a gardener, which is said to explain why traces of fertilizer/pesticide could be mistaken for explosive residue. The nitrogen component, I think?

Anyway, this made me think. If the honey had residues, would I be more likely to shorten my life with food residue/pollution than from a terrorist?
Food harm

Oh, and ProtoplasmicTraveler, you are so funny!!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
A friend tried to get a job as a screener with TSA after the mine he worked at closed.

He was one of the mine blasters and knew how to identify explosives.

The TSA would not hire him because he knew to much about explosives.

DUH.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
nice, comical replies everyone, it brought a highlight to my night.

I really think that honey might actually be part of an explosive . Maybe it is topsecret and nobody wants you to know about it. .. Somebody hook up some honey to a blasting cap and see what happens and report back please.

Anyways. wouldn't that be a catch 22 ????
If honey was known to be a secret explosive and they banned honey, and to ban honey they had to ban bees and to ban bees no crops would be pollinated and then the entire human species would starve... All because of a reaction to terrorism...

Now that is something to contemplate.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican

I really think that honey might actually be part of an explosive .

You'd be surprised how inventive people are

Recently, I flew from an airport in Belgium with my girlfriend whom had been give Dutch traditional pastry products filled with almond paste. They were taken away from us as one said that pastry products aren't allowed and the other custom officer considered almond paste to be forbidden. I told here whether she thought I'd hidden some TNT in there. Unfortunately, she refused to answer, I'm pretty sure though that their are going to enjoy these delicious foods very much.

These people working there are mere robots who mostly fail to think for themselves. The rules created to ''protect'' us are even more ignorant. I am no chemist, but don't you guys think it is possible for people with terrorist intentions to invent a very powerful and explosive concentrate that doesn't exceed the legal limit of 100 ml per bottle of which you could take multiple aboard?

top topics

join