It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 911 OS. Operational Suitability

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The OS (official story) is flawed and it amazes me the number of those who defend it either won't or can't admit it. Below are some questions and concerns regarding the OS and why it leaves more questions of 911 than it answers.

* The 911 Commission's evidence is flawed. They refused to admit / accept vital evidence and/or information pertaining directly to the events on 911. This is in the public record from various sources including statements of public officials & politicians. This panel was thrown together only after pressure was placed on President Bush. If there was no cover up or even just plain mistakes that led to the events on 911, then why the needed pressure to get the facts out?

* The FDR (flight data recorder) for flight 77 is flawed, why? It states that the cockpit door was never opened per many sources readily available to everyone including sources that have decoded the data. Well, if it wasn't open then how did the Pilots or the terrorists get into the cock pit then? Was it working? Were the Pilots involved? Which would be the only reasonable explanation as to why the FDR would show the cock pit door was never polled as opened. However, that would open up a public trust issue in which the government has an interest in seeing that airline company continue to operate. Such admission of internal Pilot involvement would degrade public confidence and lead more likely than not to the closure of that airline as well as place unwanted scrutiny on other airlines as well. Not something many in and outside of gov circles would want. Then if the FDR was flawed that admission would pull the data from the other flights into question and place the OS under fire in a more negative light. Thereby bringing into scrutiny the entire FDR data for all of the 911 flights. The NTSB refuses to answer questions regarding this.

The FAA rules required at the time that the cockpit doors remain closed & locked. OK then. This means one of three things:
1)The data is flawed.
2) The Pilots were in on it.
3) The attendants used their key (per the 911 Commission report) but again, if the key was used the data don't show the door being opened.

* Compared to the other aircraft on 911 flight 93 (or 98 as referred to by the CIA in an official documented report) didn't go directly to it's target. The flight flew away from the east coast turned and by looking at the flight path was headed to Washington DC clearly by looking at it's heading. One can take a straight ruler and line up the flight path after it turned towards DC, it lines up perfect. Now, Cheney having given some order that day many believe was the order to shoot it down (per the Mineta testimony to the Senate) allowed it to be shot down because again, it was headed towards DC. This is why the White House and surrounding buildings were evacuated on 911. Many news reports, tv news programs on that day repoted this fact. Many people conclude that the flight was shot down to prevent it from reaching the White House, National monuments etc.

Question: Has there ever been a case of an airliner hijacking with a passenger revolt?

Answer: No. As many people would be scared to death. Including the fact that the public is pre-conditioned to comply with terroists rather than resist or fight.

The very spot the airliner crashed is suspicious. Why? Again the plane's heading takes it directly into the DC area and anyone keeping up with the events that day could figure this out easily. To save what MANY thought was an attack on either the White House or the Capitol building those who were in power that day gave the order to shoot it down. Many have dis-info'd on the range of fighter jets, actually its the range of their missiles that count. A play on words in the OS? Perhaps. Considering the accuracy of a Tomahawk is described as "pin point" by the maker, Hughes Missle Systems in Arizona. Range? 690 miles at 550mph.

Others are: Smart Weapons

The most damming of all is Don Rumsfeld's own admission that it was shot down. Call it whatever but he's reading from a script obviously, so that means it was written down or at least was referenced on his script. The most important thing to consider is that he does not correct himself, one would think he of all people would KNOW what really happened on 911. It also makes you wonder why he quit all of a sudden like he did despite the official reason given. perhaps this admission was the real reason?

WTC towers. Fuel & fire is the OS for their collapse and many professionals who have training in areas involving building collapse have stated they do not believe it. One has to only pull up the myriad of videos on the internet and see the ones that show people trapped standing in the gaping holes cause by the aircraft to tell that it wasn't as hot like the OS claims. In addition the after photos of ground zero showing the columns that are perfectly cut in sharp angles makes one again, question what they are being told. I personally have no expertise in Thermite or Thermate but after looking at this & other photos, and doing an investigation of my own it makes me question the OS even more. I do however have shop and do weld on a regular basis making projects, that photo to me just looks suspicious and as far as I'm aware of no one or agency has ever explained what caused that effect. Many videos on the internet do explain it enough for me to again, pull into doubt what the OS continues to represent. Plus, the OS (911 Commission Report) never mentions or addresses this. Why? Its evidence, or was it supposed to be extinguished by the fire crews and never discovered?

Many people are not satisfied with what the OS claims. On the other hand many are. I think the questions regarding 911 will continue to be asked for many decades to come. Hopefully the truth will come out.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by mikelee]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

mike, this is an error on your part, and it's been completely discussed already:

The FDR (flight data recorder) for flight 77 is flawed, why? It states that the cockpit door was never opened per many sources readily avalible to everyone including sources that have decoded the data.

Once again, this topic has no merit, as it has been shown beyond a doubt that the Flight Deck Door on American Airlines 77 was not tied into the FDR in any way, shape or form. The door "open" or "closed" was not recorded, at all. It is moot.

I'm sorry that this is still being bandied about, as it further contributes to the confusion factor.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
What I don't understand is how so many people defending the "official story" refuse to even recognize it as such, as events told to them by authorities. Yet they will hypocritically turn around and call each and every single one of us they argue with "truthers" even if we never call ourselves such, as if we are all the same and say the exact same things (of which some of them are even further confused into somehow believing).

By the general pattern of people defending these trash reports and sources, the logical fallacies run deep and hard nearly impossible to uproot when these people don't even want to consider that they may be wrong. They don't even want to hear about it. They have decided what they want to believe.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

mike,

Aniother thing about your OP --- the Tomahawk Cruise missile.

Why did you bring that up??

Considering the accuracy of a Tomahawk is described as "pin point" by the maker, Hughes Missle Systems in Arizona. Range? 690 miles at 550mph.

Did you read the article you linked to?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT in, a snippet to illustrate my point:

Tomahawk is an all-weather submarine or ship-launched land-attack cruise missile.

(skip)

The Tomahawk land-attack cruise missile has been used to attack a variety of fixed targets, including air defense and communications sites, often in high-threat environments.

The "Tomahawk" is not designed ot shoot down airplanes.

EDIT out...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please re-read, in order to A) Understand how a Tomahawk is launched, and from where and B) What kind of targets it is good for.

(Hint: I think you meant to discuss, perhaps, a "Sidewinder" missile??)

[edit on 6 January 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Of all the problems with your thesis I think the last part is the most glaringly and obviously incorrect. The proposition that this whole subject is an issue.

It really is not. Outside of the internet and conspiracy websites and forums there is not division on what happened that day. The only divison that exists is the different approaches that should (or should not) be taken to address the issue of security and international terrorism.

This is one of the reasons the 9/11 Commision report is not chock full of references to serial numbers on planes etc. The commissions primary mission was not to determine if planes actually crashed in NY, PA and in DC but to determine how security was so seriously breached and what coud be done in the future to prevent it.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hooper

If the whole subject isn't an issue to you and you find it "wrong", then why did you bother to reply to it?

And...

The 911 Commission report isn't full of the serial numbers on planes because that's only a superfluous comment made by you for reasons we are all to familiar with by now of those who defend their OS beliefs.

The commission had it actually contained info such as serial numbers etc would mean that some people actually performed a real investigation into 911. Which we all know didn't happen and we have the movie script err, 911 report today.

[Mod Edit - Replace quote with Reply To tab]

[edit on 6/1/2010 by Sauron]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Tomahawks can and have been used to strike targets to cause fatal failure damage without deploying explosives.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Do you know what operational suitability means or do you just think it sounds cool. I applaud your efforts but each post like this has become like a reboot of a movie starring "insert old actor" and offers nothing new, gives some excitement but in the end you wish it would have been a rental.

Now, as far as 93, it was shot down. In my mind that is why the WTC is such a deflection from the truth of what happened that day. I also believe that 587 was bought down by Al Qeada. There was NO way the US could allow the truth of that to escape because it would have ENDED air travel for months and the economy would have not recovered for years. The terrorists were close. They almost did it. However, the government had to lie and it did.

Also, where is the physical evidence? I would like to read your response to that. Maybe you will have something new.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Mikelee Great post
Dont worry about the people posting hear as you can tell they will nit pick at the littlest things to try proving you wrong
The funny part is they are doing to you what we did with the 0S
One day their views will change
Canada is airing specials on it
The US just recently had venturas episode on it
more is to come
A new 911 thread is made everyday more and more people are waking up and asking questions
Keep up the good work

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Actually your wrong...per the NTSB's own report it states that the flt dck door was neither confirmed NOR read. Might want to check your OS facts

NTSB report flt 77 FDR

Page 13 - The Parameter assignment for the flight deck door = Cancel.

Meaning either someone cancelled the door poll or it is an error that couldn't be read (polled).

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

Do you know what operational suitability means or do you just think it sounds cool

I take it you think i'm a teeny bop at Mom's computer? LOL.

It means whatever fits the profile of the mission at hand, regarding a peice of equipment, a story, a person etc etc.

"is that radio waterproof cause we are going to get into some water on this mission."

Or..

"Let's just make this report George wants sound like a movie script, he'll never know the difference. Dick knows what really happened and he ain't telling noone. Besides, it don't matter what we put in here cause the American people dont read.".......Operational Suitability.

Also, where is the physical evidence?
Last I heard its being kept at a place called Iron Mountain.

The thread never claims to have any "physical evidence" so why ask for any?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

The 9/11 Commission Report does not contain ANY of the reports from the agencies tasked to investigate the events of the day, because thats not what the Commission was tasked with.

The National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States (also known as the 9-11 Commission), an independent, bipartisan commission created by congressional legislation and the signature of President George W. Bush in late 2002, is chartered to prepare a full and complete account of the circumstances surrounding the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, including preparedness for and the immediate response to the attacks. The Commission is also mandated to provide recommendations designed to guard against future attacks.

www.9-11commission.gov...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper
reply to post by mikelee

Of all the problems with your thesis I think the last part is the most glaringly and obviously incorrect. The proposition that this whole subject is an issue.

It really is not. Outside of the internet and conspiracy websites and forums there is not division on what happened that day. The only divison that exists is the different approaches that should (or should not) be taken to address the issue of security and international terrorism.

This is one of the reasons the 9/11 Commision report is not chock full of references to serial numbers on planes etc. The commissions primary mission was not to determine if planes actually crashed in NY, PA and in DC but to determine how security was so seriously breached and what coud be done in the future to prevent it.

I find this VERY FUNNY HOOPER, because you, and a few others like you, seem to follow everyone around threads concerning 911 spouting the same bullsh*t, especially the OP of this thread. If there is NO ARGUMENT, or NO ISSUE, as you say, why do you feel you must keep defending the OS so adamantly? You are CONVINCED of the OS, yet you lurk around to reiterate the same garbage we can hear, and have heard for years from the flawed data, and pure fiction, of the 911 comission. Why get so defensive, on a site designed to be a forum for SKEPTICS, if you are so convinced?
I NEVER needed ANYONE to even suggest to me that 911 was a giant hoax on Americans, and the world! I never in my life visited a site like ATS before 2007 and was led here for different reasons than 911. The VERY MORNING of 09/11/2001, I knew when the WTC towers collapsed, that something was VERY WRONG! I said it OUT LOUD to a room full of people. Years later, in the aftermath of 911, my questions, and the questions of many others like me, are yet to be answered. Star & Flag for Mikelee, whose posts in many threads I have been reading, in the shadows, as I rarely post...and THE BIRD to you Hooper, and Swampfox, and a host of others that consistently lurk in the dis-info corner trying to convince the rest of us the sky is GREEN and make it a point to show up to every discussion clouding the view with thick smoke.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

Which has absolutely nothing to do with your appearant suggestion that a Tomahawk was used to shoot down Flight 93. Of course, I would love to see an example of a Tomahawk NOT carrying an explosive warhead (on a live target of course)

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

OR that it wasnt a parameter in use by American Airlines. Oh wait, that was already shown to be the deal with that parameter.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

The VERY MORNING of 09/11/2001, I knew when the WTC towers collapsed, that something was VERY WRONG! I said it OUT LOUD to a room full of people.

And my first reaction was Al Qaeda when the news hit the workplace. When I go home and saw the footage my first reaction was, how did those buildings stand that long..........whats your point? Oh yes, exercising the juvenile need to flip the bird......

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

As usual Swampy, your just say what i have already said.

to prepare a full and complete account of the circumstances surrounding the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks

Thats a sweeping mission and the report does get into investigative aspects.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

Uh...Flight 77 was United Airlines which is what that reference was to regarding your post as well as your confused reply. And, the referenced NTSB..National Transportation Safety Board...you know the ones who looked into all of this (supposedly) and "read" the FDR data.

Again, thats UNITED AIRLINES FLIGHT 77. Got it???

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

No worries. Dis-info types are only a tool we use in order to evidence the OS' falsehoods.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

No, that does not get into tracing serial numbers on aircraft parts. That was left to the FBI/NTSB.

<<   2  3 >>

join