It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellow ribbons for soldiers banned in Connecticut town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Though this isn't breaking news, considering the decision was made a while back...it hasn't gone away.

But breaking news or not, the fact remains that yellow ribbons, traditionally displayed to show support of US soldiers, are banned in this small town. Citing the yellow ribbon "movement" as being a catalyst for other movements, the decision was made to not condone the yellow ribbons.

he yellow ribbon controversy in Litchfield is far from over. Even though the ribbons were banned from the town green several months ago, people keep putting them up.

“I’m wondering if anyone really dares to remove them at this point. I’m glad to see they are still there, but I’m confused why there is controversy to begin with,” said Cindy McPhee, of Litchfield.

The reason they were taken down, according to the Board of Warden and Burgesses, was that they set a precedent for other causes to hang ribbons. More importantly, the board says the worn and tattered ribbons are a disrespectful display.

The public hearing to discuss the yellow ribbons is set for February 2nd at the First Congregational Church at 7pm.
www.nbcconnecticut.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Moves such as this is what makes me sad for this country.

If they were getting tattered, why not spend $50 to replace them?

I guess they do not want anyone to realize that people die in war, it is just another JOB.

Also it might hurt recruitment.

God Bless and Peace.

new topics

join