It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dick Cheney is a TRAITOR & Needs To SHUT UP!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
He DOES need to shut up.

It's a classic case IMHO of projecting his own failures.

HE is the one who failed to protect the country!

HE is the one who f#$ked up.

HE is the one who sold his soul.
Whatever humanity he has left within him knows this is true and he's feeling something about what he's done and his mind cannot deal with it; so he rejects it by blaming the current administration. He projects his own failures onto them.
I'm a political atheist and I'm not saying the current admin is great. Just that you're right . And Dick Insaney is projecting .
Flag

Thank you for this....I left this thread overnight, and this is one of few posts that actually understand what I was originally trying to say.

This is not about politics, it's about a man that is bitter over his failures....blaming the new guy....and encouraging more terrorism by exposing our weaknesses that he helped create!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

First, yes I read the entire thread.

Sounds like Cheney is passionate about what he talks about regardless of if anyone likes what he's saying or not. He has made his mark on history. Has made millions off of his career. He more than likely knows more about the subject he speaks including those in the current administration also. One can disagree with him but to call him a traitor and go on to say he's endangering the U.S. is more speculation rooted in left over dislike of the former president than anything else.

This is not about politics, it's about a man that is bitter over his failures....blaming the new guy....and encouraging more terrorism by exposing our weaknesses that he helped create!

Well actually it is politics. The comment of "blaming the new guy" is totally & clearly apparent of a liking of that "new guy" and stands as a defense based comment only. If anything the "new guy" has done a lot more to weaken our nation than any former president or vice president.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by mikelee]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

I am going to say this one more time - I do not support this current administration, that is not what this is about.

Let me try an analogy-

I own a house in a bad neighborhood. One day, my garage door started malfunctioning, but I never took the time to track down the wiring problem and fix it. Instead, I put some duct tape on the wiring box. After 8 years I sell this house. The new owner discovers that there is a problem with the electric garage door, it can easily be lifted from the outside without the need of a garage door opener thingy. The new owner is worried, because he has valuables stored in the garage, so he begins to try to track down the problem and fix it.
Meanwhile, I buy a megaphone and go to my old house. I begin to pace back and forth in the driveway, announcing loudly into the megaphone "THE GARAGE DOOR IS BROKEN HERE AND ANYBODY CAN OPEN IT!"

~~Am I helping the new owner with his problem?~~

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I am going to say this one more time - I do not support this current administration, that is not what this is about.

I understand that. I DID read the post.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Ron Paul tells Cheney to back off Obama

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Tex.) took a shot at Dick Cheney last night, saying the former Vice President wasn't in any position to be criticizing President Obama. "Well, I think he had his eight years and he's caused a lot of trouble for our country and he perpetuated a war in Iraq that was unnecessary and wrong-headed," Paul said of Cheney on CNN's Larry King Live. "So I would say that it would be best he not be so critical right now." Paul was quick to add that he doesn't necessarily support Obama's policy, which he sees as a continuation from the last administraiton. "'They'--they are going to attack us and they've declared war against us. And it's always 'they' and 'them.' But -- but who are they?"

thehill.com...

Cheney was a part of one of the worst foreign policy decisions in years, and he's been on damage control since.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

I was refering to cheney just so you know, but obama can be right up there...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
double post...

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
So when a Republican president is in office, it's okay for democrats to criticize him to the maximum, but when a Democratic president is in office, Republicans have to shut up? It works both ways pal. Don't dish it out of you can't take it.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
THIS IS NOT CRITICISM! It is Cheney telling the world we are vulnerable....which POTUS needs to fix! And this information can be used by terrorists to plan attacks & rally their people! Why is this so hard to understand? Please read my first post and my analogy on this page (above) before random posting.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Cheney is a war criminal. He should be interrogated as a suspected terrorist and traitor.

Taking politics out of it...

The guy was a Vice President who conspired and was an accessory to manipulate the American people and CONGRESS into a false war. He and Rumsfeld pushed the CIA and military prisons/interrogation centers to use torture techniques that had questionable legalities. The techniques were known to produce false confessions, which created huge confusion by the CIA and military as to WHY we would want to use methods that produce false confessions. But after a lot of resistance (Gitmo was one of those major resistors) the prison centers and CIA were assured by Cheney and Rumsfeld that it was legal, and then their interrogators were trained on the new 'enhanced' torture techniques to be used. The false confessions obtained from the use of these questionable techniques were then used to justify the Iraq war.

Cheney deserves to be in prison.. and the American people should be educated on the atrocities he committed against his country. This is not about politics and we need to show the entire world that the United States does not sweep its war criminals under the rug while attempting to be a symbol of moral fortitude.

Read... Senate Armed Services Committee 'Treatment of Detainees...'
levin.senate.gov...

[edit on 7-1-2010 by spiritualzombie]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TailoredVagabond

Originally posted by fraterormus
... but to Bush's merit, he knew when to keep his mouth shut and his opinions to himself.

...are you KIDDING!?!?!

Is that GW Bush - Bush TWO, Junior, DUBYA we're talking about!?!?

Yea cos that "I believe human being and fish can co-exist peacefully" comment was acutely judged, right?

As was "Mission Accomplished".

Oh yea and "I was outside the classroom when I saw the first plane fly into the tower onTV..."

That's right, Bush knew when to keep his mouth shut.

While I actually agree with most of your post, THAT, was well and truly misguided. At best.

My bad. Perhaps I should have clarified, although it should have been clear from context, that I wasn't meaning while GWB was in Office, but rather his ability to keep his mouth shut *AFTER* leaving Office.

Prior Bushisms aside, after GWB left Office, he left his job behind him and hasn't sought using the MSM as his own personal pulpit, and smartly has kept his mouth shut, denying the world any more potential Bushisms, but at the same time showing dignity and character that Cheney apparently lacks. You don't hear GWB bad-mouthing the current POTUS (although I'd bet my Life Savings on GWB sitting on his ranch pulling a LMAO over it all, glad that someone else is getting the verbal abuse he was accustomed to getting, while feeling pretty thankful that he can now live his life without that kind of scrutiny and criticism).

(My gawd! I can't believe I'm defending Bush in any capacity. Ack!)

And that's the thing...and what I think it boils down to.

It's perfectly okay to disagree.
It's perfectly okay to voice a contrary opinion.
It's perfectly okay for anyone to criticize the POTUS, either directly or through satire.

However, it's not okay to knowingly and willfully spread lies, false rumors, or fear-monger. That is not acceptable of anyone. (Lying is bad, m'kay) We have Criminal Code that considers such acts to be Defamation, Calumny, Vilification, Slander, and Libel, and are all instances where the Constitutional Right to Free Speech does not apply (you have the right to speak freely so long as it is expressing your opinion, or in good-conscience conveying what is believed to be true...but does not apply towards disparaging lies that are used to harm another). For example, you can say "I don't like the POTUS and I think he's weak on National Security" that is Constitutionally protected Free Speech, whereas to say "The POTUS is a traitor, and I am privy to proof of such" when such is knowingly false, is not protected and actually a violation of both Criminal and Civil Law.

The fact that Cheney is a ex-official of the Executive Branch, makes his slander all the more despicable, as Political Officials, especially of the Executive Branch are held to a higher standard of Ethics. As a Public Official (ex or otherwise), you don't have to like who is sitting in the Chair, and you don't have to agree with who is sitting in the Chair, but you respect the Chair, even if you don't respect the person sitting in it. Bush's predecessors cum critics (the aforementioned Clinton and Carter) spoke out against policies of Bush, not about the Office of POTUS or Bush himself. They did not attempt to undermine or sabotage the Bush Administration through the use of slander and lies. They respected the Democratic Process, respected the duly elected POTUS (granted, that can be argued in this example, but that's off-topic), and respected the Nation by criticizing the Policies, not the Office or the person residing in that Office.

Remember what happened when Congressman Joe Wilson (R-SC) when he slandered the POTUS while he addressed Congress? He was found in violation of Congressional Decorum and slapped (albeit lightly on the back of the wrists) by the Committee on Standards
of Official Conduct and the Select Committee on Ethics. Although Congress has Committees to oversee Official Conduct and Ethics, those in the Executive Branch do not, because they are supposed to be EXEMPLARS of Ethics, Conduct, and Decorum.

Cheney not only disrespected the Office he once sat in, not only undermined the Current Administration for his own political and monetary gain, not only committed acts of Defamation, Calumny, Vilification, Slander, and Libel, but proved that he himself personally lacks the Ethics, Conduct, and Decorum that the Public Position he once held represents. His actions to undermine the Security and Welfare of our Nation through the use of lies, not only is treasonous against the current Administration, but treasonous to our entire Nation and Political Model as he is acting unbecoming of an Official Representative of the highest Office of the Nation through his regrettable display of indecorum.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by fraterormus]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
he's not a traitor, he's just gangster.

give me one polititian that'll shoot one of his men in the head and that man will apologize for being in the way of the bullet? you won't get any, all you get is Dick Cheney.

what other politian kept a man sized safe in his office? you don't get any, all you get is Dick Cheney.

what other politian will convince an idiot president to go to war with a country that is innocent to get something out of it? you get all of them and you get Dick Cheney.

he's gangster.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Reply to OP,
I’m old enough to have lived through nine presidential administrations. Not once in all that time can I remember an administration threatening to go back and prosecute a previous presidential administration. Especially not for just doing there JOB protecting the American people and saying to hell with any other country that has a problem with that.
Dick Chaney is doing what any one left in this country with balls would do. Defend his good name and the president he served under. You can say what you want about these two guys but remember one thing, after 911 they identified the treat then acted quickly and decisively to eliminate it. Sure mistakes were made. (IE: Donald Rumsfeld) but they did what needed to be done at the time. O and Iraq? Screw them one less A-hole to deal with later on.
During the first year of Obama’s presidency he has blamed the bush administration for all the worlds’ problems and truly believes that if he just talks nicely nice to the bad guys he could get them to stop trying to kill us. And they said Bush was an idiot.
Chaney just calls it as he sees it and I think he is on the mark with this one.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by murfdog
Reply to OP,
I’m old enough to have lived through nine presidential administrations. Not once in all that time can I remember an administration threatening to go back and prosecute a previous presidential administration. Especially not for just doing there JOB protecting the American people and saying to hell with any other country that has a problem with that.
Dick Chaney is doing what any one left in this country with balls would do. Defend his good name and the president he served under. You can say what you want about these two guys but remember one thing, after 911 they identified the treat then acted quickly and decisively to eliminate it. Sure mistakes were made. (IE: Donald Rumsfeld) but they did what needed to be done at the time. O and Iraq? Screw them one less A-hole to deal with later on.
During the first year of Obama’s presidency he has blamed the bush administration for all the worlds’ problems and truly believes that if he just talks nicely nice to the bad guys he could get them to stop trying to kill us. And they said Bush was an idiot.
Chaney just calls it as he sees it and I think he is on the mark with this one.

Wow, I am sorry you are so blinded by our government. Well I guess there still are people that think the war in Afghan and Iraq are legitimate and for the peoples "protection."

War in Iraq has been going on since Bush Sr. was there in desert storm.

Talking to bad guys while the U.S. corporate military has invaded foreign countries is not going to make them stop attacking people.

Having a war on terrorism is like having a war on war.

Maybe, just maybe if the U.S. military would leave there wouldn't be as many problems with being attacked.

One less dictator, yay! Now they have to worry about the subtle democracy that is going to ruin them in the next 10-15 years. Our current housing market in America has gone to crap and the trend keeps on happening.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
double post.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by murfdog

Gotta agree. I mean it was perfectly fine to question any an everything President Bush did, but to question obama? How dare you!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Cheney?...

A jack-ass? Yes

Needs to "shut-up"? Yes

An evil, very greedy, bitter man who sucks the light out of a room when he enters? Yes

A man who can shoot his friend in the face and laugh it off? Yes

Lowering the dignity of the office he held? Yes

Breaking with respectful traditions of letting one administration at a time govern? Yes

Corrupt? Yes

Making America more unsafe? Probably

Traitor? No ....Our great democracy even affords space for the idiotic, bitter quips of Dick Cheney....just my opinion.

He's embarrassing...but old news, thank God.

\

[edit on 8-1-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
reply to post by murfdog

Gotta agree. I mean it was perfectly fine to question any an everything President Bush did, but to question obama? How dare you!

Lord...this is a tired and pathetic tactic.

Question any and everything you like about the current administration..

..just don't act like a crybaby and claim "persecution" when someone actually answers those questions.

Claiming he is Hitler eschewing in the next holocaust = Just asking questions a good American should.

Responding to the claim he is Hitler = Persecution of folks just asking questions.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
So when a Republican president is in office, it's okay for democrats to criticize him to the maximum, but when a Democratic president is in office, Republicans have to shut up? It works both ways pal. Don't dish it out of you can't take it.

Yes, i have noticed that the liberals are very thin skinned.
Chris Wallace from Fox News Sunday calls them a bunch of cry babies.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, it looks like that speech from VP Dick Cheney worked!
Have you heard the latest damage control words from Obama?
"We are at war."
No kidding!

Team Obama knows AQ has confidence now and will hit us again soon.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Republicans can't see past politics. Say something bad about Cheney, and we're hypocrites if we don't say something equally bad about Obama. Everything these days has to equal out politically. There's no such thing as one person being a criminal and another being just another politician. Republicans hear bad things about Cheney and they think it's just a bunch of Liberals complaining.. and these Liberals should then take equal fire at Obama....

The problem is reality just doesn't work that way... You can't look at a scale with a boulder on one end, a pebble on the other and say... "Well, to be fair, both sides DO have weight." Some things simply are not equal...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join