It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Technology of 1910

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
100 Years Ago: The Amazing Technology of 1910

January 01, 2010

The dawn of 2010 promises more amazing developments in the world of technology. Already, tourists can visit space, for a price, nearly everything and everyone is going digital, and medical science continues to test the boundaries of what makes us truly human.

One full century ago, the new technologies that had people talking were considered just as groundbreaking. Electricity led the charge of developments that were changing the way people lived every day, with transportation and chemistry not far behind.

As the clocks of 1909 ticked towards 1910, more exciting inventions were just around the corner.

1910 brings new ways to clean, travel

The first decade of the 1900s was an exciting time to be alive, with inventors
continuing to make major strides in all disciplines.

The early years of the century saw the general public finally able to enjoy the fruits of what was achieved in electrical engineering during the previous century. By 1910, many suburban homes had been wired up with power and new electric gadgets were being patented with fervor. Vacuum cleaners and washing machines had just become commercially available, though were still too expensive for many middle-class families.

www.livescience.com...

It is mind boggling the advancement we have made in a 100 years, but we haven't figured out how to stop wars and get along with the rest of the world.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Nope! With all that advancement to super cool high technology we haven't found a way to get along.

Instead we just found better, cooler, flashier ways of killing each other.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
i think one of the major advances will be the refinement of the three d printer,replicator technology what ever you want to call it.
can't wait for this

one in each home and any new technology would spread worldwide before the next evening.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
All About Inventions

From new modern-day conveniences like computers, cell phones and MP3 players, to the little things that we take for granted every day like electricity, running water, automobiles, telephones and airplanes, the world has evolved into what we know today thanks to the art of invention.

Defined as the process of discovering or presenting an element of novelty that will be of use to someone or something, inventing has been continuously occurring for centuries. An invention may be based on an earlier idea or collaboration, or may be en entirely new breakthrough alltogether.

Some of the greatest inventors of all time, including Thomas Edison, Benjamin Franklin, Alexander Graham Bell, George Eastman, Steve Jobs and the Wright brothers, all had one thing in common: they wanted to make life a little easier and more convenient for the rest of us.

www.livescience.com...

Check out the "Featured Inventions Stories" at the above link, some are whacky, bottom line is I for one am glad we have them.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I have a character obsessed with trench warfare, so Ive been researching it a lot recently, and I was holy-# overjoyed at it. I always thought it was just bolt action rifles, artillery and machine guns but its insanely interesting.

In this war was introduced use of planes, repeating rifles, Maschinengewehr 08 + Browning and others, Madsen MG (which is closer to a modern day assault rifle!), flamethrowers, chemical warfare, gas masks, tanks! (Mark I to V, Chamond, Renault, A7V!), submachine gun (MP-18)!!

I know this is all war technology but its the best way to develop, as they say with necessity comes invention!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I was also just thinking today how we dont use batteries anymore! Everything is built-in lithium - we stick the cord into it and it recharges!

(Its nice on money but I cant help how imagine we'll be #ed when the power goes out and all our most important stuff - laptops, phones, medical implements - will not have a secondary power source!)

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

If the power grids go down it won't make a difference, cells phone, radio stations etc won't work, batteries would be good to listen to CD's or watch DVD's on battery powered devices..

top topics

join