It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Must See Historical Documentary- The Soviet Story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hello my fellow ATS members

This is my very first thread and thought i make a thread about a documentary called
The Soviet Story

Here`s a trailer for the documentary (i`ll post a link for the full movie at the end of this thread)

Watching this documentary will provide many interesting insights into history of the Soviet Union as well as the Nazi Germany through analysis of the documents, ideas of historians, memories of witnesses.

Firstly, it should be noted that the documentary focuses on the critical discussion of mass killings, concentration practiced by the Soviet secret state. It is shown while citing K. Marx and Fr. Engels why the soviet leaders (Lenin, later Stalin) killed people, set up concentration camps seeking to establish their own authority.

Secondly, the makers of the documentary revealed how the Nazi government used experience, some ideological ideas of K. Marx, and shocking experience of Lenin, NKVD to set up killing machine of Jews and other people of Germany.

Thirdly, there has been shown how the Soviet officials and the Nazi government collaborated before World War II in order to improve killing machine mechanism and annex territories of free states in Europe. Later, the shocking crimes of the Soviet state has been shown in the Baltic countries.

Finally, the film-makers have revealed shocking legacy dealing with justification of the communism crimes in some social groups of politicians in Russia.

In conclusion, watching this documentary will form critical approach towards similarities of Communism and Nazism.

“The Soviet Story” is a story of an Allied power, which helped the Nazis to fight Jews and which slaughtered its own people on an industrial scale. Assisted by the West, this power triumphed on May 9th, 1945. Its crimes were made taboo, and the complete story of Europe’s most murderous regime has never been told. Until now…

SYNOPSIS
The film tells the story of the Soviet regime.

These are just a few of the subjects covered in the film.

- Medical experiments in the Gulag.

- The SS-KGB partnership [in the late 1930s the KGB was called NKVD]

- The Great Famine in Ukraine

- The Katyn Massacre (1940)

- Soviet Mass Deportations

“The Soviet Story” also discusses the impact of the Soviet legacy on modern day Europe. Listen to experts and European MPs discussing the implications of a selective attitude towards mass murder; and meet a woman describing the burial of her new born son in a GULAG concentration camp.
The Soviet Story is a story of pain, injustice and “realpolitik”.

Unique video footage

Rare footage shot in 1990, the last year of the USSR, shows an abandoned Soviet death-camp in Magdan, Siberia, where the KGB had carried out medical experiments on prisoners.
The film also presents never before broadcasted Nazi footage showing Soviets helping Hitler launch WW2 and providing aid for the Nazi Blitzkrieg.

Exclusive images

”The Soviet Story” features a number of photographs taken by Heinrich Hoffmann, Hitler’s personal photographer. These pictures have never before been shown to the public.
The film also presents several shocking Nazi documents found by the film’s author in the Political Archive of the German Foreign Ministry (2007).

Watch the full movie HERE

It`s a link to a video sharing site, if anyone can point me to a more conventional site, where one can upload the film please let me know.

Enjoy and thank you.

HM

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Star and Flag

Looks like you put in alot of effort, sad this didnt make more of a headline

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hithe Merinos

Yes, thank you for the time and effort you put into this post! I will certainly have a look at that documentary...

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
i just watched it.
and after search on ATS found this thread.

most of it is known here in Poland yet not thought in schools.
I found it shocking that they still harbor these criminals and will not admit to what they have done .

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
That video sharing site was a slow play for me -- try this

www.megaupload.com...

Full free download of the Soviet Story!!

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Very powerful movie. Most shocking story never told to western world. Many people consider Hitler - the Antichrist and the most evil man but it is not widely know who was his teacher and idol - Stalin. Nazis learned from Soviets how to build concentration camps, how to kill people effectively and many other things.

I am proud that this movie was directed by Latvian director Edvins Snore.

Most of Eastern Europeans are familiar with Soviet Horror but even so it was interesting to watch and I learned many things from this movie. A must see documentary.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Since i cannot edit my post (The First One)

Here is the full film on Youtube

I just thought to share this again, during this time...

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Interesting-I'll watch it when I have time.

"Stalin. Nazis learned from Soviets how to build concentration camps, how to kill people effectively and many other things".

That is ridiculous. The entire idea of concentrated areas of non desirabilia began with the euthanasia program in 1933 that developed the mobile gas vans to eliminate the mentally ill as part of the Reichsmarschall 4 year plan.

At the time Premier Stalin was weak and powerless due to the influence of the military. That, of course, would change with the purge. The Bolsheviks never used designated areas to gather undesirables-they simple eliminated them.

top topics

join