It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 UK Elections Facebook...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
How cool would it be if people on facebook/ATS started a political movement for the up coming elections in the UK. The way things have gone from the christmas chart battle and now the wootton bassett protest, we relly could get someone who we RELLY WANT into government. It showed on facebook that people relly can come togather when they relly do want something.

This will be the first year in the UK elections that the internet will have a BIG effect on the elections like the 2008 American elections. I believe it could be done, rather that vote Labour,Conservatives or Lib Dems.

What do you Think? Think it could be done?

Tsom87

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I don't think it would work. The only reason the others worked, is because they were things people feel strongly about:

1) Sticking it to the man and Simon Cowell by getting the most offensive, highly popular song to Christmas No.1 (Brilliant BTW \m/ )

2) Not allowing a bunch of ungrateful Muslims to march through a town that has stood in honour of every British fallen Soldier since the start of the wars, in protest to the very wars they died in.

Politics is rarely as fickle as the first and rarely as passionate as the second. If people are interested in politics, they will make up their own minds, unless they are the "My Dad voted labour as a working class man and so I will too" type, who as far as I'm concearned are a waste of a vote, as they often don't have a clue even what the policies of any party is anyway and just vote out of mindless allegiance.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
every idea has it's neigh sayers ^^^^^
but I guess there is only one way to find out.

I think what would be a good idea on facebook, is a group to somehow stop this Mandleson douchebag from messing our country up.

I have never loathed a public figure so much since Jacqui Smith.

join