It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama not protecting the U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I know how some feel about the news station where this originated from but I enjoyed it and agree with it in many (not all) aspects. Thought I'd bring it to the forums to share with anyone.

President Obama’s team has scared the nation over the past week with pronouncements so crazy they leave you breathless. But worse still are the decisions they’ve made, decisions that show America is in danger, and that those charged with protecting us are failing to treat this life-and-death struggle as the war that it really is. First, after a terrorist attack was thwarted only by a detonation malfunction and brave airline passengers, a blissfully-clueless Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told an incredulous nation that our “system worked.” That comment was so absurd that no further comment is necessary. She should have been forced to resign within hours.

Link 2 story here

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
WARNING : Right-Wing Conservative Propaganda ... By Fox News ..

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

Warning user complies with heavy dis-info

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Obama has done a damn site better job protecting the US than Bush did. Bush just made more terrorists with his pompous, arrogant attitudes and policies. Thank God that Obama was wise enough to quit torturing people and to apologize for the fiasco of the last 8 years of Bush.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Obama has done a damn site better job protecting the US than Bush did. Bush just made more terrorists with his pompous, arrogant attitudes and policies. Thank God that Obama was wise enough to quit torturing people and to apologize for the fiasco of the last 8 years of Bush.

Before someone shoots that down, I gave you a star and I'm giving you a:

Plus, it's a really hard job. I don't know if anyone could do a better job protecting the country if they were faced with the task. And if they thought they could, I would want to know how. I think some people believe they are more capable but I think if they were in Obama's shoes, they would feel very differently.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Well its pretty clear , both Pres (Bush,Obama) efforts aren't working

There are less liberties today , and probably more being pulled in

the near future.

What ya say we give that old man from Texas ideas a try,

and STOP killing people from other countries

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
My personal opinion is that Obama seems like an elected token gesture of a society that has lost it's will to sustain an effort put forth in the face of tragedy, just to go around and act like a goodwill PR rep to the world on the behalf of people who elected him, because those very people prefer talk & passiveness. I'm glad these people who voted for Barak Hussein Obama were not voting during WW1 & 2. When I see him on television the title of President just dos not come to mind.

After the honeymoon on election day and the weeks that followed many citizens are now seeing the true intentions of this administration that in many ways mimick the same exact policies as his predecessor. Which I personally find ironic since 60-some percent of those who voted for him, voted for supposed "change". In addition Obama's vision for the future of America is one that falls within the dangerous patterns of those who in history have made fatal errors in judgement as well as lost wars that decide their country's & nation's future. I say we all have been "short changed" if anything.

Just my opinion & thats not going to change.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by mikelee]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
My personal opinion is that Obama seems like an elected token gesture of a society that has lost it's will to sustain an effort put forth in the face of tragedy, just to go around and act like a goodwill PR rep to the world on the behalf of people who elected him, because those very people prefer talk & passiveness. I'm glad these people who voted for Barak Hussein Obama were not voting during WW1 & 2. When I see him on television the title of President just dos not come to mind.

After the honeymoon on election day and the weeks that followed many citizens are now seeing the true intentions of this administration that in many ways mimick the same exact policies as his predecessor. Which I personally find ironic since 60-some percent of those who voted for him, voted for supposed "change". In addition Obama's vision for the future of America is one that falls within the dangerous patterns of those who in history have made fatal errors in judgement as well as lost wars that decide their country's & nation's future. I say we all have been "short changed" if anything.

Just my opinion & thats not going to change.

Can you reference any of these policies? Only on I am familiar with is the Patriot Act extension. But I have not dug all that hard.

Separately: Healthy opinions change as new information comes about. If it does not change in face of new information and evidence it is nothing but dogma.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

I'm willing to be open minded regarding Obama, even though my post might not sound like it I am willing. Thats the key word. Policys? I don't have time to look them up, post replys etc. I did that for my own questions during and after the election. They are on the official White House website and they are easily compared to campaign promises regarding policy changes he cited in order to get elected as well as comparing them to the former president's as well. All of which is in the public record.

Here's a few of them I know off the top:

* Katrina rebuild & re-development policy promise.
* End tax breaks for companys that send jobs overseas policy promise.
* Executive compensation standards policy promise.
* No special interest or lobbyist allowed on Capital Hill policy promise.
* Credit card company reform policy promise to cap the neverending list of misc fees and outrageous charges against citizens.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
ARE YOU ALL CRAZY?
The best and most creative ntel person Ameria had overseas n teh war on terror is not overseas because all anyone cared about s no one knowing about the guy on tv selling his horse ridng system. Hell ROn Wyden would rather all the CIA rendition secrets and programs be laid bare so russa has all our secrets as long as shhhh no one knows about clnton anderosn.. unbelevable......over a couple hundred dollars in antibotics and a small press release so would not die of MRSA they leave me to push tll they kill me anyway as long as someone wants to let you de it s better to choose.. so again dont want to put top secret stuff online but they murder me anyway.
So FOX news should callme and protect our country before there s nothing left.. I was told by UN spys obama was gong to be the president.. so am not a democrat or republican I had very high hopes for Obama but since I see what is done.... NO CHANCE FOR Security none>
If they dont show me mercy and compassion they show the whole western horse scene of the world the reason to hate America even more..

new topics

top topics

join