It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only one percent of the Holocaust claims can be proven - Says Holocaust Scholar and Expert

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
6 years ago I visited Dachau and Mauthausen they were labour camps as far as I know.

2 years ago I visited Oswichiem Auswitch. The were EXTERMINATION camps, there is more than one camp over there and they are huge. Most people just visi and walk through the camp. As we were on a motorcycle we rode around it via narrow tracks along the sides and rear. We were astonished about the size of the camp. The film Chindlers list gives a good impression what happened in that paricular camp. needles to say that there were dozens like them.
Anyone denying this is most likely being paid by anti jewish activists or the like

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Reply to post by ukmadmax

When the "questioners" follow a VERY obvious and well known pattern their true motivation is not hard to discern. The post history of almost every so called "questioner" on here follows the same trend of bitching ENDLESSLY about Isreal and demonizing Israel at the slightest pretext, assuming with even unsubstanciated reports of possible misconduct that it just MUST BE some great evil plot of the Isreali people(Jews) as a whole, then there are "the Jews control everything" threads. Which is REMARKABLY like the same group they TIRELESSLY seek to vindicate by making people believe the event in question is just a fabrication and that it's just another "evil conspiracy of lies" from the aforementioned constantly demonized people. Despite the deep national shame THE GERMAN PEOPLE LIVING AT THE TIME EXHIBIT about what happend. Now, you can pretend that is simple questioning but I tend to question whether a sheep is a sheep when when one that claims to be a sheep howls at the moon.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystrange

You've tried to derail this thread, but you're still keeping it between the top topics. So, ask yourself, did you really derailed it or it's just an illusion what in you want to believe, but it's never happened.

Remember. The thread is between the top ones thanks to you and few others whose tried to discredit me and the others. The question is, did you really discredited me or you just hurt the reputation of your very own people with your actions?

The thread goal's was to get an answer and hear both sides. Yet, while one side was able to make a nice discussion, the other side is just damaged the reputation of the Jewish people. You've made a remarkable job in this.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by Sharrow]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
hopefully, this thread has nothing to do with the death of holocaust denier,racist, and murderer Dr. James Von Brunn

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
i know this is a consipricy site buy the accusations here are just insulting.
will you claim in 50 years that infact that slavery is a consipricy and never occured, in 200 years will you claim that sexism against women never occured and is all a femenist conspiricy, it wouldnt suprise me.

would you even accept that the holocaust happend if we had video footage of jews being burned and gased or would these just be fakes?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharrow
So my question is, if a leading expert in this report says they can prove only ONE PERCENT of these claims, why they're suprised when people have doubts regarding this matter? And also if this is true, and why a Holocaust expert and scholar would lie, why the officials are saying this is the most documented event in history, while it's clearly can be heard from an official expert, it's not.

What he said was this

Ninety-nine per cent of what we know we do not actually have the physical evidence to prove . . . it has become part of our inherited knowledge.

and then he went on to quanitfy it by saying this

I don't think that the Holocaust is an exceptional case in that sense. We in the future – remembering the Holocaust – will operate in the same way that we remember most things from the past. We will know about it from literature and eyewitness testimony. . . . We are very successful in remembering the past in that manner. That's how we know that Cesar was killed on the Ides of March. To put the holocaust in some separate category and to demand that it be there – to demand that we have more material evidence – is actually us somehow giving in to the Holocaust deniers by providing some sort of special evidence.

Hes not saying that he can only prove 1% of it. He is saying that 1% of the physical evidence is left, and then - as can clearly be seen - he draws an analogy with another historical event of which there is no physical evidence left, but is accepted history.

Physical evidence is not the same as documented evidence, or eyewitness/survivor testimony. Physical evidence in this case is the remenants of the camp itself.

So. Now, after answering your question - as you have demanded - even though I suspect you knew what the guy was saying the in first place but chose to twist it, please answer mine.

Using your own logic as quoted above from your opening post, do you deny the Hiroshima bombing happened as a documented event, when less than 1% of the damage caused is still there - in the same manner that Auschwitz still exists.

If not, why not?

[edit on 6/1/10 by neformore]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

While you've made this little crusade against me, this thread was on the top on the most recent posts in the last... I don't know 2-3 hours? Well... that's not my problem. But I assure you, many read already what you wanted to discredit and wanted to hide.
]

Big deal. "The Jersey Shore" is watched by millions of people so is "Flava of Love". What's your point. Some things are just entertaining. You still haven't answered the question posed to you and are just getting upset because people are questioning you.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by C1OUD

The best is at the beginning no one denied here anything as this topic wasn't this. Then some Jewish guy came whose thought they're going to show us, they knows everything better... then they've just damaged the reputation of their own people without any reason as this thread wasn't a bashing thread. But they've made it to one.

really. It's not entertaining for you, otherwise you wouldn't offend others with false claims. But you're just damaging the reputation of the Jewish people. Is that you want to achieve? Because just as the other guy, you're doing a remarkable job in this.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This whole thread can be summed

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wtfhuh

Don't be cruel. Not the thread, just some guys here are epic fail, whose are trying to achieve something, discredit something, but they're achieving the quite opposite with their actions. Also, I find it quite amusing, I admit. But as I said, this topic is not about this.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

really. It's not entertaining for you, otherwise you wouldn't offend others with false claims. But you're just damaging the reputation of the Jewish people. Is that you want to achieve? Because just as the other guy, you're doing a remarkable job in this.

I fail to see your logic. How do you know that cloud is Jewish? If he is, how has he damaged the reputation of the Jewish people. I think that you're deflecting now.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by really

I fail to see your logic.

It seems logic wasn't give to everyone, but I'm trying to explain it to you. So, how does he damaged the reputation of the Jewish people? Just read back. False claimings, accusations, lies. If he is really a Jew, he is just represting his very own people and speaking in their name. Now the problem is, many are reading this thread and right now, he is presenting the wrong side of the Jewish people. Is that all of you really want? Is that you want people to see that none of you can debate in any matter at all, rather act like spoiled children? Because at the moment, that's what you're doing and achieving.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

So my question is, if a leading expert in this report says they can prove only ONE PERCENT of these claims, why they're suprised when people have doubts regarding this matter? And also if this is true, and why a Holocaust expert and scholar would lie, why the officials are saying this is the most documented event in history, while it's clearly can be heard from an official expert, it's not.

I'm not surprised there are doubts about an event that happened a number of decades ago. I am surprised that you suggest we ignore the mountains of evidence (including much non-physical evidence) that suggests millions of people lost their lives at the hands of Nazi Germany.

Why would an expert scholar lie?

He might be telling the truth, but he would need to provide some sort of evidence to be taken seriously, otherwise his opinion carries little weight.

He could be unknowingly lying - thinking that the information he has uncovered is true when in reality it is not.

He could be wilfully lying because he feels deep down that the Holocaust did not happen or that the numbers were exaggerated.

I cannot confirm whether it is the most documented event in history. I doubt this is the case, but that is irrelevant. I do believe there are many documents that suggest the Holocaust did happen and that there was a plan in place to kill Jews and other minorities.

-----------------------------------------

Is there anything I have missed? If so, please let me know and I will try to address your concerns.

[edit on 6/1/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Sorry, but in this thread I took up the first question what none of you ever answered. So you have no right to demand anything from me. You should answer my question first, before I would answer to any of yours.

You answered the posts above and below my answer to your first question

So now, how about you answer mine?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

See? You can debate in a civilized manner and explain things immediately. The question is: why can't you do this since the beginning?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharrow

I think the richest of the Jews escaped prior to the war. Those however many that were left to die and suffer did mostly that. Non Jews died and suffered also. I have no special proof that is just my intuition. The rich escape and benefit, it happens all the time. The less fortunate die and suffer. And no matter how few, to forget them, ignore them and ignore your inborn intuition you do this at your own peril. If you distrust your intuition on this, how well will it serve you when it is your life on the line? Just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

If he is really a Jew, he is just represting his very own people and speaking in their name. Now the problem is, many are reading this thread and right now, he is presenting the wrong side of the Jewish people. Is that all of you really want? Is that you want people to see that none of you can debate in any matter at all, rather act like spoiled children? Because at the moment, that's what you're doing and achieving.

So, if we don't agree with you we all must be Jewish? I think you're acting like a spoiled child right now. Not everyone agrees with you and you're losing patience. Plus, I don't see where he lied. Please, show me.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Physical evidence is not the same as documented evidence, or eyewitness/survivor testimony.

Eyewitness / survivor testimony, IF it's not documented, it's called as fairy tale what can be changed any time. Just to know the basics why it is important to be documented. 1% of evidence is not an evidence and can't stand in front of any sort of jury.

Using your own logic as quoted above from your opening post, do you deny the Hiroshima boming happened as a documented event, when less than 1% of the damage caused is still there - in the same manner that Auschwitz still exists.

It's been rebuilt. Simple. Also there is radition and people are still dying in this (Psychical evidence). Today died the survivor who survived both Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Yet regarding Auschwitz there are many contradictions. That's a fact. And if someone is daring to even ask, a similar squad comes to ATS, just as it came here to try to discredit everyone. Their usual traits... stupid nicknames, no avatars, can't really spell and usually don't use paragraphs. Oh, and don't have manner at all. Or another trait, a moderator like you, who is first trying to fight, second avoid to answer, rather take up a question first.

So, I also answered your question. Anything else?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wtfhuh

I whole heartedly agree. I must say, I have not participated in this thread before, but it's sheer madness is enough to bring me to leave this post.

So many people, including Sharrow believe that denying ignorance means questioning the obvious. This is not so, and can often lead to misconceptions and a personal sense of intellectual superiority.

This unfortunate fallacy, like one has said in previous posts, is what aides us in twisting and erasing history, ultimately causing us to forget past mistakes and commit them over and over again.

OP, do you think you are smart in questioning the holocaust? Do you think you are, in an over-saturated cliche sense, denying ignorance? Any good thread host would most certainly read every post in his/her own thread, but in case you don't, I would advise you to read this post by neformore regarding the true interpretation of this article, which the true meaning has seemed to evade you for the time being.

Also, I have not read the conduct between you and the supposed "Jew" who has discredited "all other Jews", but I can assure you that that claim is harsh and ill-conceived. Such assumptions are treacherous and are the root of hate, stereotypes and other poor thinking. To take one person's offending behaviour and apply it to the rest of similar people is not a well thought through decision. That is to say, a rational person wouldn't call all Christians, atheists, African-Americans, Muslims, Caucasians, or any other classification of peoples mean, ugly, fat, stupid, ignorant, or any other negative slur just because a small majority does, in your own eyes, display that type of behaviour.

In any case, check your ammo and clear your sights.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by really

I think you're acting like a spoiled child right now. Not everyone agrees with you and you're losing patience. Plus, I don't see where he lied. Please, show me.

I'm not loosing my patience at all. That's what you want to achieve. But here is one problem. You're trying to use reverse psychology, but you're damned rookie in it, just as the others. I'm saying something, then in your next response, you're coming... no, it's you. This is not working against me, so don't waste your breath. Relax a bit and figure out something else against me.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join