It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MPs Call For Vote On Brown Leadership

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

MPs Call For Vote On Brown Leadership

news.sky.com

Two former Cabinet ministers are calling for a secret ballot of Labour MPs to resolve the issue of Gordon Brown's leadership "once and for all".

Geoff Hoon and Patricia Hewitt have written to all members of the parliamentary party asking them to support a vote.

The chairman of the PLP, Tony Lloyd, said Mr Hoon and Ms Hewitt had "very little support" for their campaign and backbencher Geraldine Smith described it as a "coward's charter" written by a "small bunch of malcontents".

But Ex-Home Secretary Charles Clarke, who has questioned Mr Brown's leadership in the past, said
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
WOW now this was totally unexpected.

Has new Labour got division in its ranks or are these two just acting alone?

Again, fantastic timing, is really a call to say let's back gordon Brown or is it a belief that most labour MPs think that they will not win the next general election with Gordon Brown at the helm

whatever it is it is fantastically bad timing for them as a party. Just when they need to concentrate on their election agenda, they now have to quell dissention and in fighting

is it really a full scale leadership challenge in the offing?
or are they just going to pick someone without a ballot of any kind again?

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/1/10 by osc121]

[edit on 6/1/10 by osc121]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
BBC NEWS

and now the BBCs take on this

Two ex-cabinet ministers are calling for a secret ballot on Gordon Brown's leadership, only months before a general election must be called. Patricia Hewitt and Geoff Hoon have written to Labour MPs saying the issue must be sorted out "once and for all".

THis can only be bad news for Gordon Brown, It will only take one of the existing cabinet members or somone else close to him to either support this or resign, & then we may be having an earlier general Election than planned

A week is a long time in politics

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
IMO he has no right being the Prime minister of the UK, he wasn't my choice nor anyone's as far as i know, apart from his constituents who voted him in to parliament in the first place. And they are in Scotland, No offence intended, but Scotland have their own parliament so why is he not running that one, I don't have a problem with the Scots, I have family their, but i do think its just wrong that we in England have no say in what happens in Scotland but their MP's can dictate to us what goes and what doesn't. I for one will be glad to see the back of him, in fact i think we need a new type of government in this country, one that isn't corrupt and full of criminals. get rid of the Royals, and start a new with a proper democratically elected government with new values and ideas. So get rid of Brown and the rest of them and never let them run for any position of power ever again. Just my opinion.

top topics

join