It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama prods Congress to pass health bill quickly

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

WTF, over???

Last time I checked, Bush hasn't been in office for close to a year.

Yet, Obama and his supporters are still pointing fingers and screaming, "Bush lied!! It's all HIS fault!!!"

Give it a freakin' rest.

Obama promised that the healthcare discussions will be held on TV. Are they? Nope. And he's trying to get it pushed thru as fast as he can, because he knows that the 2010 elections are going to kick the dems out on their lying asses.

Hope and change my ass. Obama is shaping up to be the worse president on record (how big is the debt now?) and he hasn't been in office for a full year.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

WTF, over???

Last time I checked, Bush hasn't been in office for close to a year.

And?

Yet, Obama and his supporters are still pointing fingers and screaming, "Bush lied!! It's all HIS fault!!!"

Actually the economy is all AIG and Goldman Sachs fault but that's neither here nor there. Nor is it the topic of discussion.

Give it a freakin' rest.

Get on topic.

Obama promised that the healthcare discussions will be held on TV. Are they? Nope. And he's trying to get it pushed thru as fast as he can, because he knows that the 2010 elections are going to kick the dems out on their lying asses.

They have been, its not their fault that you weren't watching C Span. Just because this one tiny aspect isn't being shown doesn't mean squat. The bill still will have to pass both the house and senate and that portion will be televised. Give it a freakin' rest.

Hope and change my ass. Obama is shaping up to be the worse president on record (how big is the debt now?) and he hasn't been in office for a full year.

Blah blah blah, obviously you weren't around for Carter.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

O.k. so we agree, President Bush lied, and Obama lies.......my question was, when does the fact that President Bush lied, no longer become justification for Obama doing it? Not trying to pick on you, I just Tend to see this alot....President Bush lied so it's o.k., so is that gonna be justification when Obama puts us in two new wars, well President Bush did it?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
And?

"And", what? You were the one that was bringing up "But Bush lied". Get on topic.

Actually the economy is all AIG and Goldman Sachs fault but that's neither here nor there. Nor is it the topic of discussion.

Yeah, and Obama is screwing that up royally, too.
But you're right, it's not the topic.

They have been, its not their fault that you weren't watching C Span. Just because this one tiny aspect isn't being shown doesn't mean squat. The bill still will have to pass both the house and senate and that portion will be televised. Give it a freakin' rest.

Then that's a big "no" in the column about Obama keeping promises. Televise them all. Why is this "one tiny aspect" not being televised? Gotta ask yourself that question.

cbs2chicago.com...

"The most critical negotiations". That doesn't sound like a "tiny aspect".

Blah blah blah, obviously you weren't around for Carter.

Yes, I was. Obama is just the 21st Century version of Jimmy. Another one term president that will be a complete failure.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

O.k. so we agree, President Bush lied, and Obama lies.......my question was, when does the fact that President Bush lied, no longer become justification for Obama doing it? Not trying to pick on you, I just Tend to see this alot....President Bush lied so it's o.k., so is that gonna be justification when Obama puts us in two new wars, well President Bush did it?

When the people pass a constitutional amendment saying the president must always tell the truth. Once that happens, then people can get upset that a president lies. Until that time, it's just a sad waste of time to get upset about. If you really think that this president is going to be any different than previous ones, you are the one with the problem not the president.

I voted for Obama, but did I believe that "transparency and open government" crap? Hell no. Of course I didn't believe that garbage. I would have been quite the idiot had I actually believed that nonsense.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I didn't asy I didn't believe he was going to lie. I simply asked when people were going to stop using the fact that President Bush lied to justify Obama doing it. I know that all politicians lie.....just seems illogical to justify it based upon another persons past. Last I'll bring it up, obviously it's not going to be answered, and we're getting off topic.....apologies to the OP.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

"The most critical negotiations". That doesn't sound like a "tiny aspect".

These aren't the most critical negotiations, they have to hammer out a bill. They aren't going to drastically change the bill here, they would risk it being voted down in either house.

Basically both bills are going to merge, not a whole lot will change, it will still be the same crappy bill it was before, just instead of two crappy bills, it will be one crappy bill, that you will have 5 days to read once it gets on the presidents desk.

So no, this isn't huge, it's a tiny aspect. The bill still will suck, and it's not being ramrodded through. (by the way, that is a lie on the current Republicans part, should I get all aghast and offended that the Republicans are lying about how fast this legislation is going through?)

Oh my GOD! The Republicans LIED about how fast this bill is going through! Oh DEAR me oh MY! The Republicans are LYING! Oh goodness gracious NO! Oh the PAIN and ANGUISH of how I have been DECEIVED by the GOP! How dare they abscond with the TRUTH on how fast this bill has proceeded through the legislative branch! (faint)

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The Republicans only lied because Clinton did. In fact Clinton started the whole trend, if it wasn't for Billary, President Bush could have been the next Honest Abe, he was just following the Democratic example placed before him..........didn't work out so well. I guess that change thing isn't gonna happen anytime soon.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Politics is the art of deception. You say things that get the public to vote for you and then once in office, a person does what they want, usually to try to get themselves to look real good.
Most of the policies and bills that the current Congress and Obama has pushed onto the US public will not begin to hit until, the middle of 2010. If you think about it, the stimulus stuff will start to unfold and everyone will benifit just in time for those seeking reelection to say look at what I did for you, please vote for me. The Health Care bill, well, it will be the same, we pay for it, get nothing for a few years, until just before the next presidentail election, combined with the withdrawal from Iraq and Afganistan and there you go, Obama can get reelected.
If it gets passed, then I am hoping that there will be lawsuits to take it to the Supreme court, or at least get it onto the docket of the federal court session to force the issue.
That will lead to alot of bantering back and forth between the 2 parties.
The real shame of all of this is that one time, those in politics would actually stand for something and show responsibility, to include idea: The buck stops here.
I am hoping that the 2010 elections will actually change the way that politics are done in the federal government, but will not hold my breath.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Well why the closed doors meeting between the Obama administration and the big pharma/private insurance companies were no open to the public?

You know where the bills comes front but they just didn't want you to see the deceptions in real live fed.

transparency my butt.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Like I have said many, many times before, if you believed the transparency promise, I have a bridge I would like to sell you.

Of course you can't blame Obama for lack of transparency in the Congress. Why? Separation of powers. The president does not control the Congress.

So all you people whining, have absolutely nothing to whine about. Congress is not controlled by the president. If you believe in the separation of powers via the Constitution you would understand this. But you all are so hell bent on blaming Obama for everything that when the Congress does something that is different than what the president promised, you automatically blame him.

So ask yourself, does the President control congress? If the answer is No, then know that when you blame Obama for the lack of transparency on the congress you look like a jackass.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The problem is that is not longer socialized health care, actually it never was this all for the bailing out of the private insurance companies at the expenses of those that still have a job and pay taxes.

The poor is still uninsured and health care is not going to be free.

So actually the Tea parties are useless now, unless they start fighting for the mandatory take over our live by the private insurance

Well said, Marg. I'm extremely disappointed by how Obama handled this. And also, don't forget that in a few years we'll pay taxes on employer-sponsored health plans. For people with a substantial family like myself, this is a killer. Obama clearly lied about things not changing for those who already have an insurance.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Yes how can I forget, that the president is nothing but a puppet and congress is nothing but a corrupted entity in the pockets of the lobbyist pimps.

I wish Obama could do a better job looking like a leader for the people like he promised.

We don't even got that, didn't we. . . Yes I guess "I am a jackass" but I am not alone and I am no afraid to say so.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

The health care bill is nothing but a bailout by congress to the big insurance companies at the expenses of the dying working class.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Anjin

What happens when this PoS bill gets passed and millions are still without healthcare?

It's not okay for these idiots in Washington to keep lying.

Why not? Bush lied tons of times, got us into two wars over those lies. But I didn't see many on the right flipping out over those lies.

I suppose we should stick a camera up each congressman's behind to be sure that we know when they pass gas right?

And this bill would have been much better off if the right and the insurance lobby didn't do everything in their power to completely ruin it. Now what we have is an mandatory insurance bill that makes it a crime not to have insurance, thank you GOP thank you Insurance Lobby. FnA

YOU ARE A TOOL!
It is apparent from this post that you haven't a clue - not a single iota or inkling of a clue. I'm just curious, how much is the DNC paying you as an operative? I hope it's good money, cuz once this bill passes, you're gonna need to pay all of those cute new taxes and cover the exploding cost of your insurance!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Thanks for bringing the second most important issue behind the fast passing of the health care bill, the political angle that alone will take an entire new thread just to show the deception behind the fight for the mid term elections.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yes how can I forget, that the president is nothing but a puppet and congress is nothing but a corrupted entity in the pockets of the lobbyist pimps.

Well, I was going for, this is how the constitution is set up, this is how separation of the three branches go, this is what the president can promise and deliver on. But for standard ATS fare, sure, we can go your way.

It is true that everyone in our congress (including the venerated Ron Paul) are in the pockets of special interest lobbies. And it is true that the President is just a mouthpiece, (this one just happens to use teleprompters)

But the way that our founding fathers set up this government, the executive branch doesn't have any control over what the legislative branch does. While the president may say he is going to tell you everything that goes on in the government, the power he really has stops at the steps of the capital building. Inside, Pelosi can say, "Oh the President said transparency? That's a good one" The Senate can also tell the President to take a flying leap as far as transparency goes.

This isn't hype folks, this is fact, this is written in the Constitution.

So yes, when you guys whine, bitch and moan about transparency as far as this health care bill goes, you do look like a bunch of jackasses. look it up. The President can tell Congress to hurry up the process all he wants, won't mean a damn thing, the President can tell Congress to be open and transparent to the people and it means exactly squat. That's the Constitution people, and if you don't like it you can kiss the founding fathers dead behinds.

reply to post by kozmo

YOU ARE A TOOL! It is apparent from this post that you haven't a clue - not a single iota or inkling of a clue. I'm just curious, how much is the DNC paying you as an operative? I hope it's good money, cuz once this bill passes, you're gonna need to pay all of those cute new taxes and cover the exploding cost of your insurance!!!

Oh I am the tool am I?

I think I have a good clue, now did I say this was a good bill? No I didn't, my opinion of this bill is that it stinks to high heaven.

My opinion stands on this bill, if the GOP and the Insurance lobby didn't get their greedy hands on this bill it would have been much better off. Now saying that do I think the Democrats have gotten it perfect? No read what I wrote. I said it would have been much better off.

Now you are right that as it stands now this is going to cost me a [snip] ton in extra taxes and even then won't probably insure me, (besides the fact that my cheap ass boss will probably fire me so that he can hire his family instead of paying for this insurance)

So yes, I do think that this bill sucks.

I love the juvenile attitude of some ATS members that if you don't agree with them they automatically think that for some god knows reason you're getting paid by the opposition. Frankly if I could find a job that paid me to post on ATS I would join up in a heartbeat. But as of yet I haven't, so all of what I post is my opinion, you know what an opinion is don't you? It's that thing that is protected by the 1st Amendment to the Constitution. That's right. Opinion's are like (insert the sphincter here) everyone has one, most of them stink and they are used to expel waste.

Am I a tool? No I am not, I am a person that thinks for themselves, doesn't go along with the crowd, and makes up my own damn mind about things. Sorry that the anti government propaganda that is constantly spewed on ATS has gotten you to act just like the sheep you think most people are, but I don't go that way. I have my own brain, I use my own brain and I will be damned if I will let some website tell me what to think.

I am so sick of people who don't have an actual argument on this site throwing the "you must be getting paid to post" it's a bunch of bull [snip]. It shows what a weak and pathetic argument one has.

[edit on 1/7/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

So no, this isn't huge, it's a tiny aspect. The bill still will suck, and it's not being ramrodded through. (by the way, that is a lie on the current Republicans part, should I get all aghast and offended that the Republicans are lying about how fast this legislation is going through?)

If it's tiny, then why is Obama avoiding having it on TV? Why is everything else televised but this one part???

Not ramrodding it thru? Funny, that's what it's looking like.

Oh my GOD! The Republicans LIED about how fast this bill is going through! Oh DEAR me oh MY! The Republicans are LYING! Oh goodness gracious NO! Oh the PAIN and ANGUISH of how I have been DECEIVED by the GOP! How dare they abscond with the TRUTH on how fast this bill has proceeded through the legislative branch! (faint)

Geez, you're right. I forgot that Pelosi has promised that this is the most ethical Congress evah!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

If it's tiny, then why is Obama avoiding having it on TV? Why is everything else televised but this one part???

There wee other times during this process where comities had this and it wasn't televised either. The right wing news freaked out then too.

Not ramrodding it thru? Funny, that's what it's looking like.

Seeing as how this was supposed to be done by the last August recess? Yea, it's not a speedy process.

Geez, you're right. I forgot that Pelosi has promised that this is the most ethical Congress evah!!!

Do you believe those emails from Nigeria that say that someone is going to give you millions of dollars too?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Now is bitching, moaning and jackasses, don't you think your are getting out of hand with the name calling here.

Which of the three you consider yourself, after all that is the only way the people can complain now a days, because seems that a revolution or coup is not in the minds of anybody.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join