It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holodomor Never Forget

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Holodomor
2.5 - 10 Million Dead

I noticed theres a lack of threads on ATS about Holodomor? Never heard of it? Not surprising, it is almost never talked about it. Here is some background information on it.

Holodomor is a famine of 1932–1933 in the Ukrainian SSR during which millions of people starved to death as a result of the economic and trade policies instituted by the government of Joseph Stalin. During this time, Stalin systematicly killed off MILLIONS of people, one third of which were children. This is the true holocaust. The main victims of the genocide were farmers, turning "Europes bread basket" into a mass graveyard.

•At the height of the Famine, Ukrainian villagers were dying at the rate of:
17 per minute,
1,000 per hour,
25,000 per day

www.faminegenocide.com...

I suggest more of us look into this genocide, it shows that weapons are not always the deadliest killers, it is the mind and the pen.

Canada becomes the first nation to recognize Holomodor as a genocide

Holomodor Reeducate Website

FamineGenocide.com

Holodomorct.org

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Not forgotten, I just never knew it had a name. You should put a picture of "papa joe" up too. Just so people won't forget WHO did it. And why? - to balance the trade deficit by selling the grain grown in the Ukraine so that
Russia could become an industrialized nation. Both Churchill and FDR knew about it but war makes for strange bedfellows, for some reason the western powers thought we needed to take down Hitler first.
10 years after the famine Germany invaded the Ukraine and pretty much leveled it. There was indeed a genocide in the Ukraine and much subsequent misery. Thanks for the reminder.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I did not ever know the name of it either, seems Ronald Regan would have made sure I did, but thank you to the OP for the quick education.

Your statement about Stalin made me think. Is this not the reason why all of the history and such that had to do with Stalin was sort of washed over? Didn't the communist change the name of Stalingrad again. Wasn't his tomb sort of given less of a memorial status than Lenin(who he wished to subvert)?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
This is one of the reasons i claim that there is no real difference in behavior of Nazis and behavior of Communists. Simply Nazis murdered people they considered "others" ethnically/racially and Communists murdered people they considered "others" socially.
And while i am sure that Stalin knew and authorized (probably even ordered) this tragedy, there were lots of other people who where involved. KGB (whatever it was called then), army, police and Soviet party officials had to be involved and yet only Stalin is mentioned. Stalin is most guilty, but he was not the only one. A shame that there was no trials for crimes of Communists just as there were trials for Nazis.
What worries me is that Stalin (and Communist party) still have large support in Russian public.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

"holodomor" is exact translation of "famine". In Slavic literature it is sometime used with capital H and then it mean this Ukraine famine.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

How did Churchill ignore the killings because of the war?

WW2 didn't start until 1939, this was seven years earlier 1932-33. There was no war at the time.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

KGB (whatever it was called then)

It was called NKVD then

NKVD was the public and secret police organization of the Soviet Union that directly executed the rule of power of the Soviets, including political repression, during the era of Stalin.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
thanks for the quick replys!

I too didnt know the name for a while, than i randomly heard it one day so i looked to see what it was and was blown away.

Its sad what people can get away with.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Funny that this should be brought up now as my elderly grandmother is in hospital right battling health conditions brought on by the fammine. She was only 5 when she lost her whole family and became ill. I don't think her health ever recovered that and ive always remembered her as a sickly lady.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DXFILMS

Thank you for inspiring me to make my first thread covering The Holodomor and the rest of the Soviet horror.
You can view the thread HERE

cheers

HM

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Ill go check it out now

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I feel that this event in history is very important, and only few people know of it, so im going to bump up this thread to try to spread more awareness.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I was born and raised in Ukraine and remember having a picture book about Holodomor. It's truly horrible what has happened to Ukraine under the Soviet regime. I have been wondering recently why here in America we are beaten over the head with Holocaust yet almost no one even knows half the crimes that Stalin's gang committed.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by frozenspark
I was born and raised in Ukraine and remember having a picture book about Holodomor. It's truly horrible what has happened to Ukraine under the Soviet regime. I have been wondering recently why here in America we are beaten over the head with Holocaust yet almost no one even knows half the crimes that Stalin's gang committed.

I agree, I for the life of me cannot figure out why this isn't better known about or taught. I feel everyone should recognize this event in history the same way that we see the holocaust, this shouldn't be something that we just never talk about and forget about without giving it the proper recognition it deserves.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Holodomor was an orchestrated famine, created by the west. Similar to what the west has been doing in recent years against Yemen : prepare for war, by starving the enemy population in advance.

Holodomor was never created by Stalin or the soviets, it was created by chaos orchestrated by the west during the 30s in their renewed attempt to start a war against Russia. This later resulted in WW2, but it is obvious that the Holodomor wasn't enough to stop the resolve of the Soviets to stop the Germans.

In more recent history this has been tried during the 90s by the west, using their agents and oligarchs in Russia to drive the people to starvation ... and almost made a disaster in 1999. At the same time, the west was supporting the chchen separatism of Mashkadov and others as a starting point for the war.

What the British and the EU actually wanted is to have Iran get nuclear weapons to attack Russian, and later they wanted China to attack Russia from the other side, as to weaken all in the process.

Now how well did this plan go ? Not so much well !

new topics

top topics

join