It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phemonenological Evidence from Lucid Precognitive Dreaming

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta Reticuli
I guess being a Pisces that is expected since i am the "Dreamer".

That you are.

I have spent some time to reflect on this time in my life. The depth of precognitive dreaming, you know swimming in that pool.

What an amazing experience.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Sorry but I have to agree with some of the other posters, I think you are seeing what you wish to see.

I looked hard at your photos and I see nothing similar to what you see. Even after you colored the triangles, I still don't think they are anything other than what you make it out to be. It's all in our perception, and your perception is showing you something that is not there.

As a note, I almost always lean on the side of agreeing with paranormal and being open to the possibilities as opposed to being a skeptic. In this case, I just don't see it.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I did not see the triangles either. I am very interested in the rest of the post though. I do not think the presence/absence of the triangles is the entire point. I am still very new to the concept of lucid dreaming personally. I have been attempting to experience it more with little success. As for the precognitive dreams, is this the cause for what is known as "deja vu"? I have experienced "deja vu" many times and I am quite convinced the reason for the odd feeling was because I had dreamed the experience at a prior time. For me it has never been a short period of time between the two. In some cases it has been over 10 years since I had the preview dream and when the mirrored experience happens. The fact that mine occur so far apart is what causes my interest. 10 years ago, I had never met people that have been in my "deja vu" yet I remember awaking knowing that I had just had an import dream that would come true one day. I remember thinking how weird it was that I felt so comfortable with the people in my dream who I had never met at that point.

My mother has dreams like these also, for instance, she knew what my niece would be female and what her name would be before my sister had ever had a sex revealing ultrasound.

I do not think I have ever dreamed something that came true that I wasn't directly involved with though. If this is what you mean by precognitive dreaming, I apologize. Again, I am very new to the subject. If nothing else, you have refueled my desire to get more involved with attempting lucid dreaming and I thank you for that.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
@Kharron - That's alright, other people see it. Suffice to say I understand where the difficulty may lie as in they are not extremely vivid shapes and you lack the being there to see the process involved to draw any connection to the significance of changing a dream before it comes true.

Originally posted by idontKNOWanything
I did not see the triangles either. I am very interested in the rest of the post though. I do not think the presence/absence of the triangles is the entire point. I am still very new to the concept of lucid dreaming personally.

It would be nice if people saw it clearly, but the fact remains; it is a small fraction of what I feel the potential is when we approach precognitive dream reality from a lucid and conscious state.

I have been attempting to experience it more with little success. As for the precognitive dreams, is this the cause for what is known as "deja vu"? I have experienced "deja vu" many times and I am quite convinced the reason for the odd feeling was because I had dreamed the experience at a prior time. For me it has never been a short period of time between the two. In some cases it has been over 10 years since I had the preview dream and when the mirrored experience happens. The fact that mine occur so far apart is what causes my interest. 10 years ago, I had never met people that have been in my "deja vu" yet I remember awaking knowing that I had just had an import dream that would come true one day. I remember thinking how weird it was that I felt so comfortable with the people in my dream who I had never met at that point.

The majority of my investigations into Déjà Vu have stemmed from Déjà Rêvé ( already dreamed ) and I like to make a point of pointing that out. Many others come to this conclusion, it would be one of those self-evident truths that only the experience itself can demonstrate.

Having the experience brings people closer to the true reality that it's not a paranormal belief or fantasy, rather this really exists. It's a truth and regardless of ones desire to believe and disbelieve in that particular quirk in reality, it's there.

Regardless of my experiences with it, it is something I know others will experience. As to what "level" or scope is purely subjective.

My mother has dreams like these also, for instance, she knew what my niece would be female and what her name would be before my sister had ever had a sex revealing ultrasound.

I do not think I have ever dreamed something that came true that I wasn't directly involved with though. If this is what you mean by precognitive dreaming, I apologize. Again, I am very new to the subject. If nothing else, you have refueled my desire to get more involved with attempting lucid dreaming and I thank you for that.

Precognitive dreams basically summarise as: You have a dream, wake up with some level of memory, awareness and perception. Days, weeks, months even years can go by, and suddenly this dream you have actualizes and you have a Déjà Vu like feeling, which in turns if you remember the dream becomes Déjà Rêvé.

Here is an interesting thread on Déjà Vu.

Here is an interesting thread on Precognitive Dreams. dated 2007 before I even joined.

What I present in this thread is within this context rather what potential exists if we consciously interact with the initial precognitive dream. From my personal experience we can change the initial dreams and those changes can actualize here.

Hopefully others will take note and try it for themselves.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

What I present in this thread is within this context rather what potential exists if we consciously interact with the initial precognitive dream. From my personal experience we can change the initial dreams and those changes can actualize here.

Hopefully others will take note and try it for themselves.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by YouAreDreaming]

That is what I took from the thread as your meaning. The very concept is stunning to me and others that I have talked to about this since reading it here. Not one of my friends/family has put the two ideas of lucid dreams and precognitive dreams together before I mention it to them.

Whether or not I saw triangles is pretty irrelevant to me. I can appreciate and entertain ideas with out being convinced of their merit with no problems. The basic concept sounds logical to me, if a. lucid dreaming is possible (which I believe) and b. precognitive dreaming happens (I have experienced first hand) then it stands to reason that the two could be combined.

I am very grateful that you have given me this "outside the box" idea to play with. Now I just have to get more in touch with my dreams. Keep up the good work! Also, thank you for the links, I will check them out on my trip further down this rabbit hole.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

That is what I took from the thread as your meaning. The very concept is stunning to me and others that I have talked to about this since reading it here. Not one of my friends/family has put the two ideas of lucid dreams and precognitive dreams together before I mention it to them.

This is something I can relate too. The precognitive nature of dreams is not something fully embraced or understood. Regardless of a lack of science, that doesn't change the nature and reality of such a potential.

At this current time, we have to rely on what I call "self-evident" personal accounts of the experience by which to further personal relevant knowledge.

Not to say this isn't now coming forward in more literature. In fact there are studies done on it. The most recent coming from Art Funkhouser who conducted a study entitled, "The frequency of déjà vu (déjà rêve) and the effects of age, dream recall frequency and personality factors"

Link

Which is our 2010 current view of the phenomena. More shall follow as many people are publishing more and more on the phenomena.

Robert Waggoner who is the president for the Association of the Study of Dreams just published a book called, "Lucid Dreaming: The Gateway to the Inner Self" that covers something he calls, "Ambient Lucid Precognitive Dreams.".

Link

Which is nice to read not coming from my mouth. Furthering the point that more research and interest exists for such an interesting phenomena.

Whether or not I saw triangles is pretty irrelevant to me. I can appreciate and entertain ideas with out being convinced of their merit with no problems. The basic concept sounds logical to me, if a. lucid dreaming is possible (which I believe) and b. precognitive dreaming happens (I have experienced first hand) then it stands to reason that the two could be combined.

Then you are taking far more from this post then others who gained nothing at all from it. The question I have is how soon until you bridge these two aspects into a first hand experience?

I am very grateful that you have given me this "outside the box" idea to play with. Now I just have to get more in touch with my dreams. Keep up the good work! Also, thank you for the links, I will check them out on my trip further down this rabbit hole.

It's a fun rabbit hole, not as bad as one might think. Certainly one that must be traversed for a dreamer.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Oh I meant to edit the article and quoted instead.

My Bad.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I have had a couple of interviews related to this Evidence thread. I thought it would be worth sharing the interviews.

This is "Unraveling the Secrets" with Anthony Peake hosted by Rick Osman and Dennis Crenshaw where I discuss some of my experiences related to this phenomena.

Anthony is a skeptical researcher that has written two excellent books: "The Daemon", "Is there life after death" and will be interviewing me for a few different shows he also hosts.

www.livestream.com...

Dennis and Rick want me back for a full 2 hour show.

Robert Waggoner who was the President for the International Association to the Study of Dreams and author of, "Lucid Dreaming: The Gateway to the Inner Self" also interviewed me. You can read that transcript here.

you-are-dreaming.blogspot.com...

I have also been invited to speak at the 2011 IASD Conference in the Netherlands in June.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Ill add this link since we were talking about it in chat:

Proof of Precognitive Dreaming

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Thanks Xcathdra,

I also recommend people looking up Jeff Tolkasens's work into Backwards Causality or Retro Causality where they have proven at least in the quantum state, the arrow of time can point backwards. In Quantum Mechanics, the future can affect the past.

This is an important discovery, the Rochester Experiment. Do google and research this amazing discovery of backwards flow of time.

It may help us all understand such phenomena as precognitive dreaming.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Its a wonderful experience isnt it? i hope u find more then just what u have stated.
there are alot of doors to open once u open one,i hope u get to the level of Dream jumping,astraling and bidding for time with us,i think your almost there..see u then!

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

Its a wonderful experience isnt it? i hope u find more then just what u have stated.
there are alot of doors to open once u open one,i hope u get to the level of Dream jumping,astraling and bidding for time with us,i think your almost there..see u then!

There certainly is a lot more. I raise this point because many of us have precognitive dream experiences and not many of us venture very far in exploring what this actually means. Largely, most people are skeptical and we have a lot of paranormal-bias in the scientific community.

However, if people can get past their skepticism and accept at face value the reality of what I am saying is fact, not fiction, perhaps there is hope for science to push further into the realms of human cognition that deal with non-linear and non-localized events such as precognition.

To change a dream, and have those changes actualize and come true following the known progression of deja vu to deja reve; one has to ask what is Reality if but a dream first?

The causality dilemma this presents and what it implies I believe is bigger then Newton's discover of Gravity, that it is that significant to the underlying nature of what Reality actually is rather then what we believe it is.

I'm happy to share my findings in hopes others will pick up the torch and get exploring this potential.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

If your really serious i can get u to that level and beyond, the only thing is ,doors open in this aspect and some doors close.
The 5 % that people use every day of there brain is flipped upside down.
We need more humans like u to jump in the bidding war with time with us, for your 2012 event.
We lost big time with your 2000 the world would end scnario,we never dealt with a time spell before.
What’s your zodiac sign are u a communicator, Libra Gemini or Aquarius?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

I'm a Pisces... and have been personally researching dreams and consciousness during sleep since I was 15 and that was back in 1987. What I've seen and experienced has me convinced of a much grander "Reality" then what we think.

I am hoping my research and research like it will ultimately benefit humanity, I am almost finished writing a book for free that covers all of this in great depth.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Trust me i understand what your talking about. this one of my threads.
I remember when I was just a youngster in the world having déjà vu all the time and completely messing up the experience because I tried too hard to remember everything during the experience. This when I tried so hard attempting to remember all the information during the experience which is all compressed into that tiny frame of time when it occurs as our biological computes, the human brain, creates it like a lightning strike that flashes across the sky. Now, in my adulthood, I believe I have found out what can be revealed to anyone during that time which is usually just a little under 2 seconds. I believe I have mastered the window of opportunity when it can all be remembered immediately after the experience occurring committing it to long term memory where it can be analyzed which I have done.

How did I stumble upon the ability to do this? Here is the little story behind it.

One day my friends girlfriend woke me up, and asked me to ride with her to a local meat market in which she never been to before that she was unfamiliar with. She also needed me as a helping eye on the road, so I agreed. When we got to the market she grabbed a cart and said to follow her, and of course I did. As I am following her I had a déjà vu experience, but for the first time out of hundreds of times having these experiences in the past I never realized until then the feeling of déjà vu originated from my experiencing dreams. So I said to myself, "Wow, a little girl is suppose to drop some Kool-Aid packages out the back of her cart.” which I remembered happening in one of my recent dreams. Lo and behold when I turned down the first aisle there the little girl was who I seen in my dream swinging back and forth in her cart holding the Kool-Aid packages only they were Kool-Aid ice cream sickles; close enough. So as I passed her looking out the corner of my eye, she did it, she dropped the sickles out the back of the cart just as saw her do in my dream.
It was the first 'WHOLE DEJA VU' I had completely finished in my life.

This leaves me with some questions:

How can a person look into the future and see things they haven’t done before?

For me these experiences feel like a book that I reopened and read over again. Because one cannot dream of the future with out a past or present happening sometime in the event of Time it self.

Over all this subject is very easy for me to open up about because it's something we have all experienced in our lives at one point or another.

I have discovered a lot of answers related to this subject after that day due to the fact that things just have not been right for me ever since which has left me on a course pursuing a personal journey of discovery, but something came across my mind that I never really asked myself or others before until tonight. This might sound crazy, and I am only asking this because,
'WE ARE ACTUALLY IN THIS STATE REALIZING THAT WE ACTUALLY SAW OUR SELVES IN THE FUTURE'
SO HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS.
ARE WE, ARE WE TIME TRAVELING?
OR ARE WE THE WALKING DEAD ?
THIS MIGHT SOUND EVEN MORE CRAZY, BUT,
WHEN ONE HAS DEJAVU EXPERIENCES I THINK IT'S OUR CONSCIOUSNESS, OR SOMETHING UNKNOWN, LETTING US KNOW THE MOST IMPORTANT PIECE OF KNOWLEDGE ONE COULD EVER KNOW. THIS PIECE OF KNOWLEDGE COULD BE LETTING THE CONSCIOUS MIND KNOW THAT-

1. WE have either been here before.

OR

2. You're trying to catch up with yourself in another dimension.

I used to think in those 2 directions for a very long time, but now I'm thinking we are time traveling in some form of fashion. If so, I'll leave you with this question to ponder, "Can we actually beam our selves in the future…..OF US?
Have we all been time traveling and dont even no it,and if the answer is no,then how did we have the déjà in the first place?

edit on 15-11-2010 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

In order to read a book u have to start first by opening the book. After u have opened the book u start from beginning to end reading the book.

A dejaVue has let me know that every ones book has opened in some time way shape or form. In some way !

I honestly think that this is the gift God has given us, this is our life after death, we are reliving in some way why god made the decision he made on the day of judgment. He wanted us to relive why and that his judgment was fair…so take what I’m saying and turn your life around.. loll

There is no way plausible For a dejavue to happen if the book was never opened from the beginning.

Think about it, if your one of the lucky ones to remember the dream in which it came from then in some cases the dream was 3 years or beyond in your past .

We humans have a lot of gifts.. please catch the moment.

Or are we destined …I wonder did we ever have a good chance at actually choosing our own destiny in life or are dejeVes a reminder that our destiny’s are already chosen.. What’s really going on?

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Once you learn that time was also a God, and a God that deserves respect, that god will show u the rest of the way. You already know the power it posses now u know the source.

And your a pieces the top of the line for this stuff, if not better, 4 of our top commanders are pieces, much better then me, its in your blood and The intuition of the Pisces-born is highly evolved. Many people associate Pisces with dreams and secrets, Pisces alternate between reality and non-reality in keeping with their introspective natures; their voyage between consciousness and an unconscious dream state says much about their intuitive, almost psychic natures.
Your a natural, i just so happened to jump into my own dream one night. You can be more powerful then you can ever imagine.
>May the real Force of be with u in bringing the 2nd dimension to the

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

You bring up some great questions. I wanted to update that I have read your postings, and want to give some time to consider the answers when I have free-time so expect a reply in the next day or so. I'm just swamped with some work deadlines so busy grinding it out.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Just came back in town ,will chat with u soon.

posted on Nov, 19 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Well, normally I would scoff at something like this. However, when I used to be a teenager, I had my dreams come true constantly. The ones I remember the most would involve me recognizing that I had dreamed, and making a simple change to have a different outcome. It most often occurred when I was about to get in trouble, doing those stupid things teenagers do. In any case, in my dream I would get pulled over and busted, but I recognized that I had dreamed it, and I slowed down, knowing there was a cop car up ahead. Sure enough, he was there, and I altered what happened in the dream. That particular version, happened on at least two separate occasions. Once I recognized that I was experiencing deja vu, whatever happened in the dream after my realization did not occur. Essentially, once I became conscious of it, it ceased. So I suppose I'm not entirely sure that I changed it--just that it stopped upon realization. I'm not too into this sort of thing, but those are the ones that stand out in my memory, but it was a very common occurrence a few years ago during my youth. I'm 25 now and it rarely ever happens anymore which I have to say, I'm kind of disappointed in. It always filled me with wonder when it happened.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join