It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Mars Anomalies 2010 *new video*

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by hoghead cheese

You mean the dome thats NOT A DOME!

blogs.nature.com...

Ripples in the soil

Well, lets compare your ripples with what we see in the photo...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/06ba3f55aa91.png[/atsimg]

Nah... There is a definitive shadow cast. Unlike in the ripples.

Spheres so cant be natural

So I guess similar things can happen on MARS

Again, lets compare the two and see what we get.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3fedb1eafc85.png[/atsimg]

The natural sphere formations you posted are created primarily by the ocean and tidal waves in the background. While Mars may or did have oceans in the past, I highly doubt there was a body of water within that crater that could erode a rock into, what appears to be, a almost perfect sphere.

Also, if it were natural for these sphere's to appear in the middle of a crater, you would see it more often. Instead you usually see a large outer ring, and a smaller inner ring, and then maybe a little mound. The actual object is usually embedded into the ground under the mound, sometimes the object will actually pierce the planets crust and vanish into the molten mantle below. A large 'plume' of heavy metals then shoots to the surface, like when you drop a pebble into water. One such impact happened in Sudbury, Ontario Canada, location of 'The Nickle Mine'.

I would expect the crater to be much larger if that object had actually impacted there. I'm guessing its either a golf ball or something unnatural.

Edited to add: I guess it could have a low mass, resulting in a smaller crater.... Such as a Nerf ball or something... (LRO impact comes to mind)

[edit on 6-1-2010 by ByteChanger]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

I see Granny with a big smile.... Kind of...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c6482f6213c.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gratheil

I really really really don't own a camera...

However, I know it does take some skill to fake any kind of Picture, it also
takes quite a bit a time. Something which I don't possess either.
I don't have to prove they are fake or otherwise and just like the Original Poster
doesn't have to prove they are real either.
Just like the Infamous Jesus on Toast sold on ebay years ago, No proof of anything,
somebody did buy it, and it did turn out to be faked. Even If I proved exactly how
it was faked, those bidding on ebay would only believe I faked how it was faked anyway.

There are some things you can't prove. Somebody could post a picture of somebody riding
a bycicle on the ceiling using a Anti-Gravity device, uou know it's fake but you can't prove it.
You can only prove what can be done not what can't be done.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al

There are some things you can't prove. Somebody could post a picture of somebody riding
a bycicle on the ceiling using a Anti-Gravity device, uou know it's fake but you can't prove it.

replace 'riding a bicycle on the ceiling' with 'flying a machine in mid air' and I could imagine that very phrase being spoken about a photo of the wright brothers flying their plane. Over a century ago...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I could explain to you guys many meteor impact craters on mars are filled sedimentary rocks, and show you This Link explaining it.

But I will agree with your guys that this is obviously a dome of some kind, I mean I want a maned mission to Mars as much as the next guy

Why you think Mars' ancient civilization only build there dome/golf balls inside meteor impact craters ?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by nophun

I could explain to you guys many meteor impact craters on mars are filled sedimentary rocks, and show you This Link explaining it.

(I think you just did))

Dozens of layers of similar thickness and physical properties are now expressed in a wedding cake-like stack in the middle of the crater.

While the photo shown at this site does bear similarity to a 'wedding cake', it does not look spherical at all.

Why you think Mars' ancient civilization only build there dome/golf balls inside meteor impact craters ?

I actually thought about this ... Reason I suspect, is because lightning never strikes the same place twice and perhaps the same holds true for meteorites...

... I know ... Lightning can possibly strike the same place twice... Its just a saying...

Also, I can't find this photo at NASA, so I'm not even sure its legit... Which would explain a lot... But, I don't have a lot of experience looking up old photos...

But yeah... I like the idea of giving nasa a reason to go there. Actually, is it just me or has nasa been pointing out some weird stuff like this lately.... Almost like they are getting their ideas from ATS members lately...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Ya that's the issues with most this videos and websites they rarely give a clear path to the original photos. Yes they are legit but IMO you get a better idea what your looking at if you get to see the area around the object in question.

The one in question was labeled sort of just not clearly if I remember correctly.

Here
ida.wr.usgs.gov...

I agree the only thing I could come up with is the lightning theory and I believe we would be stretching if we took it too serious. Maybe not you never know

We are really not sure how spherical this object is, sure it does look like it from this image but you might remember "GIANT trees on mars"

Long story short they looked like possible GIANT trees ... but completely lacked shadows.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

Ah... thank you. Hmmm, when I look at some of those other photos... I see some have a spherical object in a crater also.... not as pretty or centered as well, but maybe it is more prevalent than I previously thought...

Damn...

But thanks again nophun!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
since we won't know till we get there bring it on I say! I like looking at this stuff as well, what got me tho and I never really noticed it till now is does the sphinx's head look way too small for the body? like it's been re-cut and shaped? I've been there and not noticed it till now!?! or am I just seeing shapes in the sand?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ByteChanger

I seemed to find lots of 'spherical looking object" in the original images.. in craters and out .. centered in craters and not.

I also read this

NOTE: THE BROWSE (JPEG) IMAGES RENDERED ON THIS WEB SITE ARE MEANT SOLELY TO FACILITATE THE SELECTION OF RAW MOC IMAGING PRODUCTS FOR DOWNLOAD AND USE BY THE SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY. THE BROWSE AND JPEG IMAGES ARE NEITHER RADIOMETRICALLY NOR GEOMETRICALLY ACCURATE AND SHOULD NEVER BE USED FOR QUANTITATIVE OR INTERPRETATIVE PURPOSES

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ByteChanger

Originally posted by skeptic_al

replace 'riding a bicycle on the ceiling' with 'flying a machine in mid air' and I could imagine that very phrase being spoken about a photo of the wright brothers flying their plane. Over a century ago...

Fair cop, and if somebody straped air foils onto a bike an pedaled it up
100 MPH in the living room it would stick on the ceiling,
but that's not anti-gravity. To be true anti-gravity it would have to work in a vacuum
and work on any type of material.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
You think there isn't life there, go inside of it in the Indigos face.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ByteChanger

If YOU actually looked at the picture I posted of the crater and earlier posts

1) YOU would have noticed the crater in the my picture is lit directly from above hence NO shadows the crater picture you show is lit from an angle hence a shadow.

Here's one lit from the side with whats supposed to be a dome

media.photobucket.com...

What do YOU see!

The spheres pictures and others shown in my previous post was to show the kind of pics shown in the OP video can happen on Earth and are NATURAL
now do you get it!

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Why do you write 'you' as 'YOU'?

I hope you don't think this makes your posts better in any way.

It doesn't - but you do it plenty.

*It is almost as if 'you' is just not good enough for YOU.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
This vid makes me think something is really going on here. There are areas that change colour through the seasons and branch like structures. Glassy tubes that connect other anomalies and broken glass and intersections.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
There are definately faces etc on mars. These have almost certainly not accured by natural causes. We do not see these faces on earth naturally, now do we.........

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
reply to post by wmd_2008

I hope you don't think this makes your posts better in any way.

It doesn't - but you do it plenty.

*It is almost as if 'you' is just not good enough for YOU.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by Exuberant1]

It was not a reply to YOU it was to HIM to emphasize that he jumped to a conclusion re my post.
It's plain for HIM to see that the crater pic shows the same type off object as he shows, but lit in a different way we see no dome!
HE also jumped to the conclusion I showed the rock spheres as if they could be the object in the crater I never said that in my post did I!, if HE had bothered to read the post I said the pics were of rocks on Earth that dont look natural ie almost a perfect sphere, rectangular and square edges or look like a face examples below.

blogs.nature.com...

lapalmaisland.sheilacrosby.com...

3.bp.blogspot.com...

shakethis.co.uk...

I mean if this was photographed (see below) on Mars people on here would claim it was a fossilized penis from a giant Mars inhabitant

bblmedia.com...

When you guys see odd shaped rocks on Mars it's always creatures or not natural these are just a few examples to show what strange rocks are produced by natural processes here on Earth so similar things could have just as easily happened on Mars, so now Exuberant1 maybe YOU and HIM will get it!
If anyone one here cares to look in google images they will see hundreds more some that even look like animals!
I would REALLY love to see some real evidence of life out there but dont jumped to conclusions from what you see in a picture that is more likely to have a natural explanation.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I find this image rather unique:

[edit on 7-1-2010 by DarkspARCS]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

If YOU actually looked at the picture I posted of the crater and earlier posts

1) YOU would have noticed the crater in the my picture is lit directly from above hence NO shadows the crater picture you show is lit from an angle hence a shadow.

Obviously I did, as I was the one who pointed out there was no shadow to you.

Here's one lit from the side with whats supposed to be a dome

media.photobucket.com...

What do YOU see!

Well, I notice you are using Mars craters now to prove your Earthly comparisons.
I guess you couldn't find any on Earth to propel your argument further?
Besides, it does not look like a dome at all. It looks like a mound in a crater with the top caved in. Hardly a dome of the quality the OP presented.

The spheres pictures and others shown in my previous post was to show the kind of pics shown in the OP video can happen on Earth and are NATURAL
now do you get it!

Like I already told you once. Those spheres you posted are partially created by the movements of the ocean they reside in. That couldn't happen on Mars in a crater.
Re-read my earlier post.

Besides, this is a waste of my time as nophun has already provided the data I required to come to a conclusion.

But thanks for your valiant attempts. FYI. You cannot compare what happens naturally here with what happens naturally on other planets. Otherwise life would happen naturally everywhere. It can't. Certain conditions have to be met first. Your spheres for instance, require oceans. Its like comparing apples and oranges.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

I'm guessing it is psychological issue he has... But you are right, it doesn't help his posts at all, and looks rather childish and uneducated.

Much like when he tries to make a point and follows it with '
'.

Now he is trying to say he was just showing natural formations on Earth, not meant to be compared to what is originally posted...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join