It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for the Religious (especially Fundamentalists)... Do you believe that we are ALONE???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The non-earth-centric thought comes from Religion. Religious texts are the source of tales of life outside of earth and even outside of our physical Dimension.

Study up!

[edit on 6-1-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

That should have occurred to me, sky. I'm feeling rather stupid this morning...

Most every religion, present to the past, have stories of other worlds, and the beings who inhabit them.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I personally think that Science and Religion are alot closer than we think. The presence of God and ET's might be one and the same? I'm religious, but some part of me has always thought that life on other planets might be linked to our creation in some way. Like an advanced race put us here or something crazy like that?

Anyway, don't listen to me, I'm not smart hehe

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I'm a practicing Christian and do believe the Universe is teaming with life and that there are many other civilizations inhabiting other planets. I believe the Drake equation is a essentially a good guideline. I do not see how this has any bearing on my faith. As a matter of fact, it does explain some passages in the Old Testament.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join