It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michele Obama is Only Artificially Furry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The fur is flying in Washington, DC this week, due to some billboards that are starting to appear on public transportation.

The banners are paid for by PETA, (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals or People Eating Tasty Animals, depending on your persuasion). They feature Oprah, the first lady, and others, proclaiming that they do not wear fur.

Unfortunately PETA forgot to check with the White House first. The White House is rather steamed over this. Although Mrs. Obama does not wear fur, she did not approve the campaign.

PETA, as usual, is not exactly repentant.

I wonder if PETA has ever felt the power and majesty of an IRS audit...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Could this be the demise of PETA?

I sure hope so they suck.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I thought you meant like under her arms and stuff. Last year they were saying she was the new Jackie "O" and this was the new "Camelot." A year later it seems like you don't hear that as much? I wonder why?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I know this isn't specifically about PETA,but I have to share this,in case people don't know!

From
www.e-thepeople.org...

QUOTE:

...Hypocrisy is the mother of all credibility problems, and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has it in spades," states the new anti-PETA website. "While loudly complaining about the 'unethical' treatment of animals by restaurant owners, grocers, farmers, scientists, anglers and countless other Americans, the group has its own dirty little secret.

..."PETA kills animals. By the thousands.

..."From July 1998 through the end of 2003, PETA killed over 10,000 dogs, cats and other 'companion animals' ¿ at its Norfolk, Virginia, headquarters. That's more than five defenseless animals every day. Not counting the dogs and cats PETA spayed and neutered, the group put to death over 85 percent of the animals it took in during 2003 alone. And its angel-of-death pattern shows no sign of changing."

...PETA could refrain from euthanizing so many animals, the Center for Consumer Freedom claims, but it would cost the organization more money to do so.

..."PETA raked in nearly $29 million last year in income, much of it raised from pet owners who think their donations actually help animals," said Martosko. "Instead, the group spends huge sums on programs equating people who eat chicken with Nazis, scaring young children away from drinking milk, recruiting children into the radical animal-rights lifestyle, and intimidating businessmen and their families in their own neighborhoods."

...The site also hammers PETA for giving "tens of thousands of dollars to convicted arsonists and other violent criminals," including the North American Earth Liberation Front ¿ "an FBI-certified 'domestic terrorist' group."

...PETAKillsAnimals.com further takes the group to task for its publicity campaign targeting children. One piece of kid-targeted PETA literature, the site says, tells small children: "Your Mommy Kills Animals!" ...

If all this is true,...??? I don't know. But I wouldn't judge them at face value without researching them more vigorously. For any of you who may donate to PETA,that is.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Oh man, seriously. This crap again? Hey, I've a great idea! Why don't we just put all politicians in a reality game show so we can watch them, pay attention to them and update our Facebook statuses with messages like "omg hu wud hav funk tht michelle obmama had fellings 4 barakk?"

Does this really matter?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu

Does this really matter?

1. Not a whit.

2. Smile, it's satire.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by leftystrat

Yeah, sorry. I kinda overreact a lot of the time, then I come back an hour later and just think "Wait, I don't even care".

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

That's what I thought. I was expecting to see some wierd info about her having hair implants in her pits, or that she had extensions to her leg hair or something. Now I realise it's something totally uninteresting and those nutjobs at PETA are busy making me want to eat more yummy cows.

new topics

top topics

join