It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Obama saying America failed? The Underwear Bomber didn't get on the plane in the U.S.?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Is it just me or has this really basic fact just been completely overlooked. The Christmas Day crotch bomber did not get on this airplane in the United States at all. If there was a failure in security it wasn't here in America, it was where the guy got on the plane. How does this fact somehow get overlooked and everyone wants to make American security tighter? This guy did not board the airplane in America so what is this really about?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Obama blamed the FBI, CIA and TSA for the mistakes that allowed the crotchbomber on the plane.
There were red flags just like Ft Hood and others and the agencies didn't pick them up.
But Obama failed to say that those agencies have their hands tied by laws that Obama enforces that doesn't allow those agencies to act when they know something is up. Instead they have to report to Obama's private security team.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Good point. I've been wondering myself. If you've noticed, other countries have taken the "orders" to make their airport security tighter with great animosity. That British dude basically said they would if they could, but if they couldn't then tough cookies.

It's all to ramp up fear IMO. The tone in Obama's address today was disconcerting as well. I half expected him to say we're going to invade any country where we expect there to be terrorist. His address was immediately followed by news of a bomb scare at our local airport. Look for a major announcement saying we're going to occupy Yemen or something of the sort.
The truth is security will never be 100% without full strip searches for everyone.

What is the major undertone here is the fact that the US has once again told other countries what they are going to do instead of asking them to do it. I think our allies are growing tired of us assuming things. As far as the motive behind it all, it could be as small as implementing the full body scanners which coincidentally got more air time than the actual story of the bombing attempt. Like I said though. I personally believe it to be something larger. Something that we would, in a state of fear, be less appalled by.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I do not know who mans the counter for each US bound plane.

Does anybody know?

Also, I believe political correctness can partly be to blame. Why search men 23-45, when it would be much easier to search that 84 year old gray haired lady with a suspicious looking purse.

And blaming the plane, country of origin, the pilot, the stewardess, the plane manufacturer etc etc etc will not place the blame on either

A) the bomber

B) the people behind the bomber

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Bottom line
Terrorist experts suck.
Or their masters make them suck.
PS pick a freakin number.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Donny 4 million]

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It's crazy, it's like saying that if an airplane from Amsterdam bordered people in Chicago to go back to Amsterdam - and a bomber got through security in Chicago, that we should blame Amsterdam? Huh?

And then the Queen of the Netherlands gets on the horn and says The Netherlands failed. What?

Damn, I'm almost waiting for this guy to apologize for the volcano in the Congo next.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
So according to ole BO America failed huh? Funny how it's his administration, all people HE appointed, yet he's not man enough to admit he screwed up, so instead America failed. What a guy, it's everyones fault but his.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Not only did this bomber not get on board in America but since he has been in custody, I am curious if he has been tortured for any information he may have about others he may know that could further reveal if indeed there any truth about dozens of these Muslim extremist headed this way to do what he failed to do and or to repeat their efforts to down commercial airliners and insult the Great Satan America.

Whether or not our system failed or not, I don't believe chastising TSA for this bombing attempt has anything to do with our failure of screening methods in Amsterdam. While the TSA has it own malcontents and a system of burden on the public, this incident has nothing to do with TSA and or our system that failed anyone. Nor does it require that new Xray screening devices designed to invade ones privacy while catering to perverts are required. Unless of course this is about inside deals and selling Xray machines for a gazillion dollars.

This bomber was captured upon landing inbound from Amsterdam. If indeed the government knows something that warrants a change in Homeland Security Status, then they need to share it with the public and at least the airports. Since this hasn't happened, it has to be about selling Xray machines and making money while placing more burdens on those that fly frequently and insulting the public that is already fed up with the TSA harassing old women in wheel chairs and old men with oxygen tanks as if these old people are suspect in their professional hunt for so called terrorist. Oh well, time will tell but this whole incident has reeked of something foul from the beginning.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
So according to ole BO America failed huh? Funny how it's his administration, all people HE appointed, yet he's not man enough to admit he screwed up, so instead America failed. What a guy, it's everyones fault but his.

That's a politician for ya.
FEMA is leadershipless also.
CIA guys have jumped ship.
FBI don't communicate.
It's a mess.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Lacking anything else to criticize people analyze every word out of every politician's mouth. They provide their speechwriters with guidelines of what they want transmitted to the public for the purposes of damage control.

What they do has serious ramifications not what they say.

Important to see if Obama is provoked to do a serious revamp of national security and practices.

M

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Since 911 after thousands died and thousand others injured both physically and mentally, the world had co-operated fully to share intelligence.

The intelligence community within US had known about the underwear bomber for quite sometime, and yet why was it not communicated to other agencies? And as Yeman had been known as a terrorist hotbed, what on Earth had the intelligence agents been doing there? Sipping coffee at Starbucks?

Why had Netherland's intelligence agencies not kept abreast of this guy when most of this bomber's activities had been long revealed in the US, and allowed unhindered to board the plane, and without even a passport? What had the US embassy been doing in Netherlands to diplomatically share security procedures but instead had allowed such lapse in security when combating terrorism had been an united pledge worldwide?

It's too late to play the blame game anyway. Now it is time to crack our heads to prevent another incident such as this from happening again -fire extinguishers on every plane seat, as the latest technique is to set a fire hot enough to ignite the chemicals? What other latest techniques that exists with chemical bombs and can be neutralized effectively?

[edit on 6-1-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

new topics

top topics

join