It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Completely... I mean COMPLETELY Destroys Underwear Bomber Hysteria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Horza

That was an awesome comment the first time I read it.

Too bad you cannot star again.

It looks like a lot of us here at ATS have seen by full stars plus 98

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I love how there are people out there openly admitting some of the truth, even some telling all they know.

I really do appreciate these people, it's people that are willing to share secrets who save lives. I hope this sort of thing hit's critical mass and we are disclosed everything there is. That would be amazing, but I doubt it will ever happen, maybe with certain issues, but not all.

Go Ron Paul go!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by endisnighe
I was actually surprised that Big Ed would have him on the show.

Ron Paul and his basic common sense strikes again. Excellent post. S&F

But did you notice something in the first half of the video. I took a screenshot. What do you think of the blatant disrepect I saw. Talk about subliminal labeling/propaganda!

Well, let me know what you think.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/123d9010891a.jpg[/atsimg]

Do you see that? ARE THE TEA PARTY ATTACKS PATRIOTIC OR UNPATRIOTIC?

WHAT TEA PARTY ATTACKS?

Good catch!!!

I have now seen both "sides" use this tactic, with optics and the like.

Seems to be done by the guys IN POWER and their outlet, very interesting.
I recall two back in the day, one with the lead up to IRAQ, other Patriot act...

Will see if I can find them...

What is the significance, besides the obvious???

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Janky Red]

I agree that both sides use this kind of subliminal matching of unrelated ideas in order to manipulate, in all fairness to that particular poll...Ed does explain exactly what he means by attacks when announcing the poll and then they always leave it up at the bottom. I am not saying there was no ill intent in matching these two items, just saying that some things seem to gain a whole different momentum out of context. Unfortunately, given most of our viewing habits, that is why I think they do this and why it does work.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I'm not afraid to admit it: I have a severe man-crush on Ron Paul.

This guy is everything our American president should be and stands for.

*sigh* it'll never happen

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
i hope ron paul is getting enough positive feedback. because he needs to know hes being heard.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
So far, seeing this video and the responses to it, I have to say that I finally have a little hope that Americans are finally waking up.

Thanks to the OP and all of the posters on this thread. We're not quite doomed yet.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I noticed that on the bottom also - the labeling of the Tea Party gatherings as "Tea Party "Attacks" - no less than from MSNBC, your government TV station.

What a freaking joke that network has become.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Ron Paul has been right so many times. i think by 2012 the American people will actually give this guy a chance. he speaks truth on so many levels, and keeps it real. he is like the only one in the government willing to tell the truth instead of half assed lies.

i have said this a lot, and probably every reply in a Ron Paul thread.

this guy is the MAN!

PERIOD!

[edit on 1/6/2010 by ugie1028]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
can't say much in the negative about ron paul...
kind of like him as a politician

just wanted to step in and post a related link...(too lazy to make my own thread.)

as far at those "unamerican" tea partiers go and their "attacks"

well, here's there latest attack, haven't seen anything on here about it...
National Strike, Jan. 20...

www.thefoxnation.com...

I still say the only way we are gonna wake up our elected officials in washington is to hit them in the purse, and the only way we can do that is to do something like this....don't work, don't buy, make less money, pay less taxes!!

starve the beast!

[edit on 6-1-2010 by dawnstar]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

well that's one way to do it!

star!

Third line of doom.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I have never heard a bad argument from Ron Paul. The man wreaks of common sense. I wish he was my uncle.

Ron Paul for President and
Jesse Ventura for Vice President.

Sit back and watch things get done.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
every time i listen to this man ( and i have been listening to him for a long time now ) i really feel sorry for America and the people of America.

RP failed to become a president , or has been made to fail , he was the last hope not only for the Americans , but also a lot of people around the world who were watching him on youtube for more than two years now.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Ron Paul is an isolationist and a bit of a crackpot when it comes to politics.

The whole airport security scanner flap has nothing to do with securing travellers and everything to do with discouraging the spread of Islam in western countries.

By enforcing this breakdown in modesty, it is in turn forcing muslims to not travel by air at all due to the conflict with Sharia law.

Anyone who is touting these watch lists etc etc is not actually trying to secure you, they are in fact supporting the continued success of the US military industrial complex by further insuring that we can paint an enemy of Islam.

It is easy to do somewhat still because of the huge cultural divide and so, not so hard to demonize them and shut them out of participation in the western world and will leave in place a construct upon which wars can continued to be waged for profit.

feel good crap for any ideological side is pure nonsense. It's about money. If you are western and of european heritage, you have absolutely NOTHING to be concerned about.

If you aren't, your life is going to be one intrusion after another after another for the duration.

Deny ignorance indeed. lol

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus
Ron Paul is an isolationist

Setting up embargos against Cuba and Iran is isolationism
George Bush at the G20 Summit where world leaders didn't want to shake his hands is the result of isolationism
The entire world hating america's foreign policy is isolationism

If Ron Paul was president the United States would be playing a much different and a much more friendly role around the world. It would once again be the beloved nation everyone loved and strived to be, and perhaps one day it would again be a creditor instead of a debtor nation.

Guess what time is it?
It's time to wake up!!!

There's a difference between isolationism and non-interventionism

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by djusdjus
Ron Paul is an isolationist

Setting up embargos against Cuba and Iran is isolationism
George Bush at the G20 Summit where world leaders didn't want to shake his hands is the result of isolationism
The entire world hating america's foreign policy is isolationism

If Ron Paul was president the United States would be playing a much different and a much more friendly role around the world. It would once again be the beloved nation everyone loved and strived to be, and perhaps one day it would again be a creditor instead of a debtor nation.

Guess what time is it?
It's time to wake up!!!

There's a difference between isolationism and non-interventionism

If I had to guess, I'd say you were more than slightly enamoured with this fella.

If Ron Paul was president of the United States he'd sing a completely different song from my viewpoint, so it is neither here nor there. There is no merit in attaching emotional constructs to politicians of any cloth. They all lie and they all serve a master that is not you the electorate.

Cuba is a blood libel for going commie, Iran is an a front on Islam and an attempt to create a new enemy to garner further support for the American military industrial complex.

the nay sayers in American politics are fringe and irrelevant or they are there to provide a false counterpoint in order to show Americans that there is still some semblance of free speech and protestation in their country.

If Ron Paul really made sense for America, he wouldn't be sitting alone looking like a rant and raver. he doesn't want your vote, he wants your attention though. He doesn't want power, he's happy with how things are.

George Bush was another in a long line of puppets for the pentagon in my opinion. Most Americans have been conditioned into I, Me, Mine thinking. They really do not give an iota of care about the rest of the world. But it's ok, because everyone else is exactly the same way!

asleep.
I would contend that perhaps you may feel you have woken up, but in fact, you are merely at a point of lucidity and may very well be on the precipice of falling right back to sleep by the lull of the snooze alarm that is Ron Paul and his ilk.

there is NO help coming from any existing construct.

Deal with that, and then have your coffee.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Hey guys surprise,surprise turns out the cctv cameras were out of action as our y=front bomber boarded his flight with no passport with the help of the now mystery sharp dressed indian man.Handy....what? YEMEN HERE WE COME

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

all politicians are the same, mostly yes they are
the real good guys are the one's who get marginalized though

all politicians are the same
birds of the same feather that flock together
yet you ask why is Ron Paul alone?

like to contradict yourself much?

btw, he's not alone
this thread is proof of that and him having the most donations during the campaign is also proof of that

lay off the kool-aid

btw, who's your favorite politicians out of curiosity?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

lol. My favorite politician? I don't have any. They are all the same in essence though perhaps not as individuals. Who seeks office? For the most part, insecure narcissists are the players on the field. There are simply not a lot of qualified or competent people in the field of politics in the west.

We have a problem in our society that is a root cause for virtually all our woes.

Primarily, it is vanity and greed. We chase after things which support these constructs en mass.

Ron Paul sits alone because he's a crackpot. There are many crackpots who support his ideology. His ideology doesn't give him extra virtue where it lacks in others.

Do you think for one second that Ron Paul is not a capitalist opportunist? He is filling a void taht has come into existence and insured his place in a seat that he may or may not be qualified to sit in. But by merely seeing that people are fed up with being dictated to, he plays to that without actually making any impact whatsoever.

What's his voting record? What bills does he actively support or not support. These are the solid pieces of his career that one can judge him as a politician.

I predict that in the reality that is American politics, Paul will suffer the same fate as Ralph Nader. He won't actually get anywhere and when he does look like it's gonna go good for him, it will fall to pieces in a matter of days and render him moot for a decade.

If you think he's gonna solve your problems, you are dreaming up the wrong tree. There is no solution under the current socio-political construct.

The socio-political construct under which we are are held cannot be reconstructed or changed, it must be done away with and a new model put in it's place.

It is clear to anyone with half a brain that American democracy has been whittled down into nothing more than a dictatorship of the majority.

Your civil liberties are gone, not virtually gone, they are gone. Your rights as an american are on paper only. Given an excuse and you will be taken and held without habeas corpus and without rights.

Believe it and believe that Ron Paul will do nothing to assist in the resolution of any of this mess that we currently are in. Our society is immoral and unethical. We have 2 generations of weak minded manipulated people who have never been called onto the carpet to display their true merits through struggle. We have 2 full generations since ww2 that have a strange sense of entitlement and we have billions of people who are disparate to participate in the insanity that is western civilization without any sense at all of what the commons are.

Greed, self interest, militancy. That is what we are reduced to. the muck and mire of it will eventually come to a head, but in the meantime, the rest of the world is being killed off in droves to satisfy a few nations greed, lust, avarice and continued willful ignorance.

Each person can be the change in the world they wish to see, but like many, you and others like you would rather someone else sort it for you. Ron Paul can't help America.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
If you think Ron Paul is a crackpot then you are part of the problem. I have never seen anyone in politics who is so straight foward and logical about worldly issues than Ron Paul. Most politicians beat around the bush when asked a difficult question or give some pre-memorized line of bs, this guy calls as he sees it.

A lot has to be said about the fall of the United States over the last decade. I think the american people need a revolution, not a bloody war, but an intellectual revolution to wake up to the problems we have caused by blindly electing and re-electing corrupt officials to positions of power among other things. The American Dream has almost been sold out and with out a re-birth of freedom and information it may perish.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I must have missed something...
Where's the part where he "COMPLETELY destroys underwear bomber hysterics"?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join