It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exploding Jalapenos and More

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

Can you explain FULLY formed bell-peppers INSIDE an adult bell-pepper without genetic engineering? No flower fertilized yet a fully formed fruit?

Sure, stuff like that happens all the time.
It has to do with the type of seed, which is usually a hybrid of non-genetic tampering origins, reaches maturation.
The peppers my mom (who is a natural foods advocate, anti-genetic foods advocate, and organic/sustainable farmer of some local renown) grows do that too. And those are usually heirloom plants, certainly not genetically tampered with and un-hybridized for dozens upon dozens of generations.
Basically, there is some leftover genetic material that penetrates a seed within the fruit, causing a slower rate of maturation but yes, still enclosed in the actual fruit itself.
My mother explained it to me before, but that's the basic gist of it.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
HOLY CR@p.
Send me some of those-------the regular ones are wimpy, IMHO, and I want some heavy duty spicy ones!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

Thank you! That sounds interesting and I used to grow heirloom plants so I understand what they are ... but, the botany is still mixed up.

If as you say, genetic material fertilized the seeds within the bellpepper; then, a bell pepper plant should have grown inside the bell pepper right?

Your Mom sounds interesting! Is she on ATS?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

I understand why you would think that, but it doesn't really work like that.
Only the fuit-bearing mechanisms are triggered, however, since they're in an enclosed environment, and only partially fertilized, they yield tiny little fruits within the host, or primary fruit.
My mom on ATS?
Nah, she can barely operate a computer.
But if you want to u2u me, I'll get you the info about her farm, so you can go check it out if you're ever in Virginia.
I'm not crazy about the venison aspect of it, being a strict veggie of some 13+ years, but her methods, theories and yields of organic fruits, vegetables and herbs are just outstanding.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mosesgunner
do you have pictures, to insure that your not full of it.

While I'm sure the description of what occured is fairly true, it has nothing to do with rfid chips. Its unfortunate you don't need at least a 6th grade into to science to post 'facts' here. The poster has taken a series of data points and has constructed a little false tail in his head.

Chips are not small enough do to 'nano technology' to be embedded in food nor are they designed to be consumed. They DO use rfid to track food packaging, but the chips are not in the food itself.

Also, they have no issues with pacemakers. Its the rfid READERS that may cause issues (those large gate like things you may walk thru when leaving a store). The rfid chips themselves are passive.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

thanks! ill be sure to watch what i eat now

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
2 magical words that will solve all your problems, Farmers market! Shop at this magical place whenever possible and you'll be able to avoid most problems associated with mass produced food stuff

I'm thinking about writing a book called the farmers market diet. If people bought all there food solely from the FM they would be a lot healthier, probably lose weight and not have to make any diet changes(food wise). Seems like a win win, especially for us lucky people with farmers markets 365.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by Rawhemp]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rawhemp
If people bought all there food solely from the FM they would be a lot healthier, probably lose weight and not have to make any diet changes(food wise).

That's actually a horrific misconception and painfully untrue.
You're not taking into account any of the paramount variables in farming, such as:
Macro/micro mineral content of the soil
Types of bacteria the soil contains
Altitude at which the food is grown
Pollution
Soil pH
Types of fertilizer used
Source and quality of the water used for irrigation
Type, source and quality of the seeds used
How and when the food is harvested

Not to mention the some of the factors regarding the individual who consumes the food like:
Individual basal metabolism
Homeostatic tendencies and/or disease state
Set point of the individual

So to just say we'd all just be better off buying and eating from a farmer's market is kind of ignorant, and by showing such blind faith in something like that does a disservice to many of the farmers.
Now, I understand that your heart was in the right place, but, as a nutrition and now nursing major, I would whole-heartedly advise against you writing a book based on the above statement because, well...you don't seem like an expert.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join