It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you guys think happened before the Big bang?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
What do you guys think happened before the Big bang?? Was there even a big bang? A lot of people the universe is 100% random and there is no force behind the big bang. The thing that confuses me is that I look around and realise that something had to make this. There is no way that all this can come from randomness. Doesn’t any sceptic ever wonder how could we spawn from randomness. Aren’t the odds in favour for a creative force? What do you guys think?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Probably the big drink, before the big flirt.

I still cant get my head around the concept of the big bang, nothingness to everything. I liked the idea of universes connected via umbilical chords almost as though one precedes the other like in child birth.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I believe in the steady state, the Universe always was, and always will be.

The Alpha and the Omega.

If there was a big bang, it was a part of the Universe, not the whole universe.

The Universe has no beginning and no end, that's my big fat IMO.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Either the Universe was always around and always will (completely logical) or that God(Universe) began to create, or explode outside of itself. I personally think it doesn't matter whether we find it out, but it rattles the brain and makes me more curious. Go meditate, maybe it'll be simple and clear how and why it happened. Then please tell me lol

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
There was a (nearly) infinitely dense sphere(oid) of super dense energy supended in an indeterminately large vacuum. Thats what was before the "big bang".

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
God said "...I am bored..........."
then he said" Let there be light! "

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Good question.

With great authority I can positively state that prior to the Big-Bang was the Large-Sucking-Hole. The Large-Sucking-Hole was pulling everything in the previous Big-Bang universe into one small dot, no larger than the size of a pinhead (which describes the folks that developed the Big Bang Theory as well as AGW).

Since the Large-Sucking-Hole had to precede the current Big-Bang universe the only issue is how many times this scenario has repeated itself and how many times the "original" Universe was split into fragments along the way.

For some reason, the sound created from the Large-Sucking-Hole is often associated with Mexico...perhaps that will be the location of the next iteration of the Large-Sucking-Hole.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by bowlbyville]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
And now for something completely out of left field.....

This bubble we call our universe was created when two other bubbleverses briefly touched, causing a tremendous amount of energy to be released, which we now refer to as the Big Bang.

It is simple cause and effect within the Multiverse.

Each new bubbleverse is much like a new born child in that it was conceived by the touching of its 'parents', it grows and expands, the aware energy that it is begins to learn about itself via the things it does. It diversified itself into smaller and smaller aware portions in order to come to know itself and its abilities.

Well, at least that was how I 'saw' it while in higher awareness.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
What happened before big bang?...

nothing.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Were the bubbles one inside of another?
This reminds me of brane theory, and super branes. They are the alleged outher shells of universes. My adapted theory goes that each brane was sucessively smaller and inside the next. With each new big bang new forces, such as gravity and dimension were formed. It goes on..

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

What do you guys think happened before the Big bang?

God said: "Doh!"

[edit on 5-1-2010 by henriquefd]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
What do you guys think happened before the Big bang?? Was there even a big bang? A lot of people the universe is 100% random and there is no force behind the big bang. The thing that confuses me is that I look around and realise that something had to make this. There is no way that all this can come from randomness. Doesn’t any sceptic ever wonder how could we spawn from randomness. Aren’t the odds in favour for a creative force? What do you guys think?

Someone either said "oops", or "hey guys, watch this!"

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I have no clue.

What I do think is that everything in the universe is explainable except for the few big questions.

How did we come to be? Why did we come to be?

In the future I see the answer to your question being answered, but then it will be what was before that?

Since I believe time is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, I will say everything has always been. Might not be the most logical answer, but it works for me.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
consciousness, but it didnt really happen because its everything.

weird that we see with our brains but light never enters it and the light is just an interaction with atoms arranged differently to show parts of the spectrum so we can acknowledge colour hmmm.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
If it's true the entire human race (past, present, future) comprises just one of God's brain cells

then perhaps the 'big bang' was God having a minor aneurism ?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

There are things i dont think we will ever know the answer too; we are just to small, like trying to ask a flea to comprehend the workings of satellite tv, its so beyond it unless it evolves into something other than it is, i think before we find the real big truths we wont do it as we are today.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Big Bang.........What was before?

NADA

Its like that commercial were that guy was in the video store and he was looking through the videos. He goes to the clerk and asks "Is this all you have? Nada?" The clerk said "WE GOT NADA 2 AND 3"

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I think our universe was born out of an older, bigger universe which itself was born from an older bigger universe. I like the idea of the whole fractal universe thing. I think black holes may be creating smaller universes on the other side continuing the trend

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
In the beginning there was everything. Everything needed to create a different existence.
A different existence then nothingness or non existence.

Imagine a pyramid. The bottom of the pyramid is everything. Also called Nothingness.
Everything above the bottom of the pyramid is how existence came to be in steps. The top of the pyramid is present time.

Existence is surrounded by nothingness (space)(Everything). The pyramid of nothingness points to our existence.

Existence was not created by a expansion but by a compression of nothingness (everything).

Existence can change because it tries to become what it used to be. By expanding again.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by R-evolve

What more can I say besides I agree.

It is our job to search for all the answers but at the same time know we will never find them.

AKA...aiming for perfection. We all know it is impossible, but to get the best results we must make the goal at an unreachable level.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join