It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elvis, dead or alive at 75?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Elvis, dead or alive at 75?

If you are looking for a hard hitting, hard-nosed, thoroughly investigated thread with a well argued conspiracy theory you’ve come to the wrong place. Thanks for stopping but this is more a conspirator’s nod to Elvis on what would have been his 75th birthday.

We are now 32 years past the supposed death of Elvis Presley. Legendary recording entrepreneur Sam Phillips longed to find a white singer that sounded black. Whatever that fully meant he thought he found his man back in 1954 in Elvis Presley.

Perhaps the biggest break aside from being discovered by Sam Phillips, came for Elvis in 1955 when Bob Neal, Elvis’s then business manager brought in “Colonel” Tom Parker to help with promotion. Tom Parker was the adopted name of a Dutch-born music promoter Andreas Cornelius van Kuijk. One time country singer and Louisiana Governor Jimmie Davis gave Parker that honorary title of "Colonel". Other early clients of the “Colonel” included Eddie Arnold, Minnie Pearl, and Hank Snow. Not too shabby! The relationship between Elvis and “Colonel” Tom grew with early success and on March 2, 1956 Parker would become Presley’s sole representative.

Parker’s management of Elvis was requested by Elvis's parents, accepted enthusiastically by Elvis and performed largely with love and loyalty by Parker from what we can ascertain looking back. Their relationship wore thin at the end but lasted until Elvis’s death. Parker protected and polished a 19-year-old Elvis and kept him never far from our collective consciousness for over two decades. An impressive span when compared with today’s top music stars in any genera. 32 years later, Elvis’s pop music accomplishments are still considered the gold standard by most critics. His recordings still grace the charts from time to time.

I encourage you to read the Wikipedia entry for Elvis Presley as it is extensive, thorough and captures the rush of events early in Elvis’s career and the well thought out moves of Parker.

Here are some basic fact filled Elvis pages and “the” Elvis site:

Wiki: Elvis Presley

Wiki: Sam Phillips

Wiki: Colonel Tom Parker

Elvis.com: the Official Elvis Presley Web Site, home of the undisputed King of Rock 'n' Roll

Continued....

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Elvis, dead or alive at 75? - continued

I know what you’re saying: “Hemi, that’s all well and good that Elvis would be 75 on January 8th but this is ATS. Where is the conspiracy?”

And my response would be that you know exactly where the conspiracy lies regarding Elvis. Did Elvis really die 32 years ago or did he fake his own death to leave his public life behind? I think he died but I can't be sure. Can you? It sure is fun to contemplate the possibilities.

Love him or hate him, Elvis and his exploits were likely big enough milestones in your life so that the report of his death at the age of 42 was enough to give you pause. If you are old enough, you likely even remember where you were and what you were doing on that Tuesday afternoon of August 16th, 1977. When you heard that Elvis had died. I think even the most jaded among us were touched by the loss. Here is a Washington Post article from August 17th, 1977. First an excerpt:

Elvis Presley, who revolutionized American popular music with his earthy singing style and became a hero to two generations of rock 'n' roll fans, died yesterday in Memphis, Tenn. He was 42.

Shelby County Medical Examiner Dr. Jerry Francisco said last night an autopsy indicated Presley died of "cardiac arrhythmia," which he described as a "severely irregular heartbeat" and "just another name for a form of heart attack." He said the three-hour autopsy uncovered no sign of any other diseases -- though Presley had in recent years been treated at Baptist Memorial Hospital for hypertension, pneumonia and an enlarged colon -- and there was no sign of any drug abuse.

-By Larry Rohter and Tom Zito, Washington Post Staff Writers

The entire Washington Post article: Rock Idol Elvis Presley Dies at 42

Elvis had plenty of both real and imagined controversy and tawdry events peppering his short life. What seemed to over-ride our collective negativity toward him were the prevalent first hand reports of his humility, generosity and human kindness. He was the egotistical madness and glitz of a Las Vegas stage and the introspective peace and comfort of a chapel pew. The yin and yang on display. We all hoped that the simple, shy, southern boy that loved his parents and loved to sing and shake "what God gave 'im" was still there; somewhere inside despite the way he looked and acted in later years. We saw what the world could do to us all in Elvis.

The love for his music and his short turbulent life made his death particularly hard for his fans to accept. The reports of foul play and cover–ups surrounding his death emerged within days. Had the deaths of Jack, Martin and Bobby jaded us to where any public death was considered an assassination? Had Elvis’s father Vernon tried to hide the facts surrounding Elvis and drug abuse? Had a member of the Memphis Mafia out of jealousy taken out the “King”? Had Elvis taken his own life out of despairing what he had become? Or did Elvis just leave the building? That’s the question that intrigues me. Why? Because down inside I think we all hoped that the kind country boy could some day escape his self-imposed prison and walk away happy and content. That would be the best of endings.

Following are links to sites created by some fervent, ferocious fans of Elvis. I'm certain these folks did much work putting up these pages and sites. They include some facts and reports critical to understanding whether Elvis actually died and if he died, exactly how he died. You will be intrigued and entertained by the various leads, theories and subplots. The number of people still making and claiming money from Elvis’s estate is astounding and that adds to the intrigue. Elvis is one of those people often said to be “Worth more dead than he was alive!” In monetary terms that is likely so. In human terms, let us keep a child-like hope alive that Elvis has only left the building. Happy Birthday Elvis!

PS I thought I saw him on line at the supermarket once. He had a loaf of bread, jar of peanut butter, package of Taylor’s Pork Roll and a bunch of bananas. Box of Honey Nut Cheerios, instant potatoes and a gallon of milk. The guy had long gray hair, carpenter jeans, a huge belt buckle and a barn jacket. Just a bit shorter than me, maybe 5 ft 10 inches, not too heavy maybe 200 pounds, paid the checkout girl cash from a roll of bills and he had a limp. I didn’t see what he was driving. Nah, it couldn’t be.

Here are the sites folks. None of these are mine; I have no relationship with any of these sites or owners. I don’t vouch for their research and sources. That said, I hope you are interested in and entertained by what they have gathered.

This first site is from one Mickey Moran and it is called the “Elvis Conspiracy Homepage”.
You will notice on the left his various links and pages. On the “Mysteries” page, Mickey lists 40 unsolved mysteries surrounding the death of Elvis. This webpage is also part of the Elvis Presley webring and so you can access untold numbers of Elvis pages from here. Joy!

Here's a sample of the 40 unsolved mysteries:

5. And why have the funeral so quickly? Some speculate that the immediacy was intended to make it as difficult as possible for the people who were Elvis' biggest fans (heads of fan clubs, etc.) to attend the proceedings. It could be a concern that they might recognize the flaws in the wax replica..., many of which were noticed anyway.
- Mickey Moran in "Mysteries" from the Elvis Conspiracy Homepage

Here’s another let’s just call it an Elvis “fun” facts page. IS ELVIS DEAD OR ALIVE ???
There is some of the same material covered here as on the Elvis Conspiracy Homepage but with a few extra goodies.
Here's an example:

“Elvis had a fascination with numerology - an interest he fed by reading Chiro's Book of Numbers. The theory that the King orchestrated his death is further supported when considering the significance of the date of his alleged death. The date in question is August 16,1977. By adding the numbers in the date, 8, 16, and 1977, you get 2001. This is the title of Elvis' favorite movie in which the hero plans his immortality in the bathroom. Elvis spent a considerable amount of time doing the same: planning his afterlife on the john. Elvis spent so much time in the bathroom that he had his toilet converted into a reclining comfy chair. Coincidentally, the bathroom is also where Elvis's body was reportedly found.”
- from IS ELVIS DEAD OR ALIVE ???

We can just imagine the conversations. “Elvis honey, it's the telephone for you!" "Tell the Colonel I’ll call him back Priscilla, tell him I'm taking..... uh.... tell him I’m taking a few minutes alone planning my afterlife!” What else do people do on the john? Like I said, these are not mine!

This third site is the one if you can only choose one. This is elvispresleynews.com! Topnotch presentation and loads of information on the people and events surrounding Elvis throughout his life. Photos, lyrics and much more for the Elvis fan. Aside from this site already having some conspiratorial material regarding Elvis, it would be a good starting point for an Elvis investigation of your own. Check out the pages titled Elvis Death, Death Certificate, Elvis Autopsy, Elvis Medical Report, Elvis Sightings and this one somewhat hidden within the site: “Ten Reasons why we know that Elvis is dead”. This is a terrific site with more information than Elvis knew about himself. There are interesting bits but no hard-nosed investigation here. Keep in mind these are fan sites.

Continued....

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Hemisphere]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Elvis, dead or alive at 75? - Finale

These sites came up very quickly in my short search. There are hundreds with mentions of Elvis and conspiracies. If you know of one that is aces for conspiracy, please post it for the rest of us on ATS. I admit I did not put as much time into this as I would have liked to. Such is life and time constraints. I hope you enjoyed simply thinking of Elvis today whether you think he’s dead or alive.

Either way I think he would thank you. Thank you very much!

That's all folks!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Elvis is dead and so are all the other celebs who have died. Why dont people say "oh hey is Sam Johnson down the street still dead or did he fake his death?"
Celebs are just people and they are not immortal they do die and will.

Also how is it odd that he died on the toilet? If he spent so much time on it then the odds are that he would probably die while on it!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Elvis is dead and so are all the other celebs who have died. Why dont people say "oh hey is Sam Johnson down the street still dead or did he fake his death?"
Celebs are just people and they are not immortal they do die and will.

Also how is it odd that he died on the toilet? If he spent so much time on it then the odds are that he would probably die while on it!

Glad you enjoyed the diversion from the any real world problems. Why don't people question old Sam Johnson? Likely old Sam wasn't worth a fortune or didn't owe a fortune like this guy:

His arrest ended a dramatic three-day run from personal and financial ruin that saw Schrenker parachute from his plane in an apparent attempt to stage his death, then flee on a motorcycle he'd stashed in rural Alabama.

The entire report: Cockpit items led cops to missing financier

****ty things happen on and off the loo!

Thanks for posting mblahnikluver. Enjoy the ride, life's too short!

new topics

top topics

join