It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Non human persons" say Scientists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
We have always known the dolphin was smart and in some ways I'm unsure why it has taken this long to come to this conclusion...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3a158250f5c9.jpg[/atsimg]

But Scientists have conducted new studies that have shown that dolphins are the 2nd to human intelligence, Going as far to say that with these recent findings that the dolphins should be given rights and be classed as "non human persons" and that it is morealy wrong to have them in zoo's

The researchers argue that their work shows it is morally unacceptable to keep such intelligent animals in amusement parks or to kill them for food or by accident when fishing. Some 300,000 whales, dolphins and porpoises die in this way each year.

This really has been a long time coming and i feel that sadly things really wont change much,

Hopefully there will be some push towards respecting these great creatures in the near future,

Marino and Reiss will present their findings at a conference in San Diego, California, next month, concluding that the new evidence about dolphin intelligence makes it morally repugnant to mistreat them.

Thomas White, professor of ethics at Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, who has written a series of academic studies suggesting dolphins should have rights, will speak at the same conference.

“The scientific research . . . suggests that dolphins are ‘non-human persons’ who qualify for moral standing as individuals,” he said.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Its a weird emotion reading the article, happyness but yet a sadness that they really may be suffering out there.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by asala]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Already discussed here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread Closed.

Oh wait, isn't that your job?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
heheh oh bet you loved that

guess i need to use that search button lol

thread closed

new topics

join