It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amanda Simpson, First Transgender Presidential Appointee

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

So then calling the sky blue is what...an oversimplification...or simply fact?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

So then calling the sky blue is what...an oversimplification...or simply fact?

I was interested in the reactions that this subject would generate. On the whole, surprisingly generous.

Let's hope that she does a good job, because ultimately that's what matters. Everything else is window dressing.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

First off, I'm not sure that the person in question here is a post op. Secondly, my post wasn't mean to construe you as a racist, but one who opposes forward progressive motion due to your own "socially accepted" phobias, ignorance, and what you think of as "normal".

If you don't like TG/TS people, that's fine, no one is saying that you have to. However, to seriously imply that you can't take someone seriously because of something that they do to themselves that has no effect on you whatsoever is just puzzling to me. Why is it such a big deal to you? Are you secretly kind of turned on by it? What gives?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by justinsweatt
First off, I'm not sure that the person in question here is a post op. Secondly, my post wasn't mean to construe you as a racist, but one who opposes forward progressive motion due to your own "socially accepted" phobias, ignorance, and what you think of as "normal".

Your right, I DO NOT think being born a certain sex and then changing that sex in progressive. Its not like a man who becomes a woman can now give birth. Simply means he now has a fake whole where he used to have a penis. I am not afraid of people like this..just confused as hell why they do it. And ignorant to it? I don't understand how someone can be called ignorant for NOT accepting having a penis chopped off to be called a woman. Again, its simply just makes ZERO sense to me...thats all.

If you don't like TG/TS people, that's fine, no one is saying that you have to. However, to seriously imply that you can't take someone seriously because of something that they do to themselves that has no effect on you whatsoever is just puzzling to me. Why is it such a big deal to you? Are you secretly kind of turned on by it? What gives?

Never did I say I didn't like them. I of course don't know any personally so its a moot point. I didn't say I couldn't take someone seriously for their ability to do a job, I simply wanted to know this appointment was made for the RIGHT reasons and not some BS political stunt to say...look at me. Now to your last sentence, and I am so glad you said it. "WHY IS IT SUCH A BIG DEAL TO YOU?" Because I don't agree with doing it, and I don't understand it...thats why. But by admitting that I am somehow a close minded, ignorant, person who should accept any and all decisions and behaviors. Well explain how I am like "the bad guy" for questioned them, yet they (the trans, homosexuals, etc) can question me and disagree with me freely and make it a big deal because I don't accept THEIR way? Shouldn't THEY be as ignorant as I, to not want to tolorate MY beleifs and decisions?

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Again why do people try and associate things that aren't relevant just to bitch? Changing from a guy to a girl IS NOT the same as someones race. How the hell did you make that comparison? So let me understand this...because i don't agree that a man who cuts it off and calls himself a woman, actually makes him a woman, you cooralate that into I am a racist against blacks? wow...ol:

Hi Johnny C. Great thread.

Hello rcwj1975,

I'm coming in late so excuse me if I don;t know 100% of the issues, I'm catching up.

You have the right to not like it. You even have the right to vote against it.
Why do you care what appendage is removed, added, or the gender identification of that person?

The US is a free country, freedom loving people don't meddle with the rights of others to self identify.

If she is qualified, done deal.

In 2012 you can vote out the Dems and bring on whomever you pick. If you elect Palin, there will probably not be any trans gender people in the US before long, or freedom.

If this is what you want, then vote. But in the mean time, you can tone down the attack because it's a useless tirade.

Not saying stop, that is not mine to decide. But be direct, and state your point.

Just a suggestion.

Ziggy

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

S & F for you Johnny,

In my opinion, the woman is qualified, and her gender identification is not anyone's business.

You are not a troll, it's a fair question.

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

To Help You Understand

[edit on 13-1-2010 by justinsweatt]

[edit on 13-1-2010 by justinsweatt]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

You are also making a lot of ridiculous assumptions here in your post. What makes you think that they will find your life so interesting to pick apart? I find it highly unlikely that a TS/TG is going to have any problem with your life. There isn't some agenda, that's about as ridiculous as the urban myth of the gay "mafia".

Ugh. Seriously. The whole point of government should be as minimal and unintrusive as possible and people should live their lives that way (within reason, I'm not calling for lawlessness) and seriously get over it.

So a word of advice: Read more and get over your issues.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join