It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amanda Simpson, First Transgender Presidential Appointee

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

and

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Perfect...thanks. See thats all I needed was atleast some information that showed her/him to be qualified. Everywhere I looked it DIDN'T give her qualifications, it only spoke of her sex change.

Also its still hard to call her a him when he dressed and acts like a her and apparently wants to be known as a her. I guess like in the movies it all comes down to where she pees!

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
I have concerns about rcwj1975's comments, because in referring to the appointee as an 'it', he is dehumanising that person (as I already said) and that is the first step towards 'cleansing'. That is an especially serious observation coming from a cop. We disagree...he made me a foe. So what's your problem?

I didn't dehumanize, I am simply not sure what to refer to IT as. When your born a man you have a penis, but more importantly you have male chromosomes that will never change no matter what you do. So by birth he is a man and should be called a HE. Now we have someone who decides they don't want to be what they came out as and had their penis cut off, a new hole surgically made, fake boobs implanted, some make-up applied and he is still a he, but wants people to think or call him a she. A she, she is not because she has no female chromosomes, just fake female parts and a name change.

So this PERSON is confused as to what it wants to be, but no matter how confused, that doesn't change his birth sex, but saying him pisses her off because he is now a she. You see the issue when it comes to your so called dehumanising? I am not the one doing anything but trying to figure out what the hell this person wants to be called or SHOULD be called.

First step towards cleansing...wow..interesting that we go from qualified for the job and trying to figure out what to call IT, to wanting to kill her/him????? And again as for me being a cop...you again don't understand that my profession has nothing to do with my personal beliefs. Just because I think it is stupid to cut off your penis and think your a girl doesn't mean you wouldn't get help if needed...so not sure what your point is.

Bottom line is this...why is it wrong for someone to NOT accept everyone elses ways? So anyone who thinks her sex change is stupid and makes no sense is now what...a "cleansing killer" with a close mind, just because we don't agree with changing your sex? I don't care what the hell someone does with their body, but I also don't need to agree with it.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Please provide your proof that he is wrong, the scientific proof please.

Only if there is some hint that it will be accepted as such if produced. I'm not going to go through the effort if it's written off as some kind of academic malarkey in the end. I'm not about feeding your agenda...you answer to your pals...you wanna learn? Sure, I'll help.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975
So this PERSON is confused as to what it wants to be, but no matter how confused, that doesn't change his birth sex, but saying him pisses her off because he is now a she.

She is not at all confused and she knows what she is and what she wants to be called.

You do not have to call her anything. You can call her he, she or it. But YOU are the one who is confused:

I am not the one doing anything but trying to figure out what the hell this person wants to be called or SHOULD be called.

YOU are trying to figure it out. YOU are the one confused.
You should at least cop to that.

Bottom line is this...why is it wrong for someone to NOT accept everyone elses ways?

It's not wrong. Don't accept it. I'm sure it makes not ONE bit of difference to her.
I'm not sure why anyone else would care what you think about her. I certainly don't. Anyone who would call a person an "it" clearly has some stuff to deal with. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I don't care one way or the other I have Google , but I don't believe you can back up your statement.I believe the scientific evidence would bear out that he is still a male no matter what part of his body he removes.

Look let me sum it up;
You asked if you were trolling.
I said you were and why.
You said you were only trying to enlighten the other poster.While I applaud your efforts(and that's giving you the benefit of the doubt) I question the veracity of your argument.
Now weather or not you want to back it up is up to you ,I'm not the only one reading this,but to tell you the truth I've already made up my mind.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
You know,I think I will tell you what I think about this obviously troubled persons appointment.I don't care what they do in the private sector, but I have serious questions about someone with a mental illness being named senior technical adviser for the Commerce Department's Bureau of Industry and Security,and quite frankly so should any American citizen that isn't to afraid to ruffle the feathers of the politically correct police. I find this appointment only slightly less troubling than the pedophile(jennings) that was named safe school czar.I would like to thank you for inadvertently bringing this to my attention.Rest assured you'll here more about it in a future thread.

G/I

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
But how do you define "man" or "woman"? Biologically? Psychologically? Culturally? Socially? Speaking biologically, what are the criteria? Are chromosomes the only test?

... not all women are chromosomally xx nor all men xy. There are also xo, xxy, xyy and mosaic chromosomal karotypes.

Source

Although figures are imprecise, experts in intersexuality, such as Dr. Anne Fausto-Sterling of Brown University, estimate that persons born with some degree of ambiguous gender constitute approximately 1 percent of the population. This means that there are 2 million Americans who may be biologically ambiguous.

Source

So, where do we turn to know what to cal this person? We ask HER. Since neither the law nor science can be firm on the definition of a man or a woman, she would be the next best logical authority on her own gender.

The world is not black and white my friends. There are countless shades of gray...

[edit on 10-1-2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I don't care what the hell someone does with their body, but I also don't need to agree with it.

And I wasn't opening it up again with you...we've gone as far as we're gonna go. Simply explaining to our buddy here...

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
She is not at all confused and she knows what she is and what she wants to be called.

When your born with a penis...it was meant to be there. Now I will say this..maybe he wasn't CONFUSED about it, maybe he made an open choice to want to play the role of a woman...so rather than just dress like one, why not have doctors nip, tuck, slice, cut, and sew things to make it look like such...I guess I will say what is confusing is why people do it. Sure its not of my business, but I can still wonder why they do!

YOU are trying to figure it out. YOU are the one confused.
You should at least cop to that.

I DO admit that...I am confused. Logic is he is still a he. His decision has made him a her. So logically I should say he, but per his choice I should now say her.

It's not wrong. Don't accept it. I'm sure it makes not ONE bit of difference to her.
I'm not sure why anyone else would care what you think about her. I certainly don't. Anyone who would call a person an "it" clearly has some stuff to deal with. Good luck.

If you didn't care you wouldn't of bothered making this statement...see my point...the fact is you and others think I and anyone else should accept this as normal...see its black and white...either I question why people have their penis cut off to be women, or you question why I don't just accept it. Its back and forth no matter what.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I find this appointment only slightly less troubling than the pedophile(jennings) that was named safe school czar.

Oh? I haven't found that reference. As it is off-topic, how about you u2u me?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

When your born with a penis...it was meant to be there.

I saw a show about a person born with her legs fused together. I guess, from your perspective, it was meant to be. Also, there was a girl born with EIGHT limbs. Your point of view would state that she shouldn't have had half of them removed so she could live a more normal life...

I guess I will say what is confusing is why people do it. Sure its not of my business, but I can still wonder why they do!

A very honest statement! I understand that you don't "get" it. That's perfectly understandable. You don't get how someone could be born with male organs and, all his life, feel as if he is a woman trapped inside a male body.

See, I was born a woman. I FEEL like a woman. There has never been any doubt that I am a woman. Fortunately, my organs reflect that gender. Knowing what if FEELS like to be a woman, my mind is open enough to imagine what it might be like to feel this way, yet have male organs hanging off my body and no breasts, large ungainly arms and hair that grows on my rough face... How horrible it would be to have my "outside" not reflect what I feel inside. It would be a nightmare. I'm sorry you don't have the imagination to consider that...

I DO admit that...I am confused. Logic is he is still a he.

Whose logic?

..the fact is you and others think I and anyone else should accept this as normal...

I'm sorry, but you're mistaken.
I really am not invested in whether you accept this or not. My position here is that you seem educable.
I'm only sharing what I know in the event that you are interested. If you're not, I"ll shut up.
You seemed interested and confused, so I thought I'd try to iron out a few of the creases for you since I DO "get" it, even though I have no personal experience with it myself. You'll notice I'm NOT responding to genius/idiot because he does not seem curious, interested or confused. He just seems totally bigoted.

[edit on 11-1-2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

You'll notice I'm NOT responding to genius/idiot because he does not seem curious, interested or confused. He just seems totally bigoted.

Not gonna take the bait!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

You know,I think I will tell you what I think about this obviously troubled persons appointment.I don't care what they do in the private sector, but I have serious questions about someone with a mental illness being named senior technical adviser for the Commerce Department's Bureau of Industry and Security,and quite frankly so should any American citizen that isn't to afraid to ruffle the feathers of the politically correct police.

I took a look around and it seemed that the best source for info on trangendered people might be this site by a transgendered psychology prof...a PhD. www.genderpsychology.org... 'All Mixed Up', it's called. So...you can take a serious look at an educated person's first-person account of the whole phenomenon...or you can stick with your stereotypes and pat yourself on the back for being so darned manly.

And 'obviously troubled'? Simpson seems to have her issues well sorted out and to be a pretty successful individual at that.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

Link

Since you're too lazy to Start Page and type in the information yourself, click the link on her qualifications.

I'll copy and paste it for you as well.

A former test pilot, Simpson worked in the aerospace and defense industries for 30 years, mostly at Raytheon Missile Systems in Tucson, Ariz. She holds degrees in physics, engineering, and business.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

reply to post by tothetenthpower

and

Perfect...thanks. See thats all I needed was atleast some information that showed her/him to be qualified. Everywhere I looked it DIDN'T give her qualifications, it only spoke of her sex change.

Also its still hard to call her a him when he dressed and acts like a her and apparently wants to be known as a her. I guess like in the movies it all comes down to where she pees!

Are you for real? Would you have been one of these guys back when they started desegregation that you would have a hard time getting your car fixed by a black guy or sharing a seat at the soda fountain with an African American? Seriously?

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

How very mature of you.

How old are you again?

Janet Reno is an incredibly smart, and very kind person. Yet you reduce to the childish acts of making fun of her looks.

Because all the male counterparts are just so hot!

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Another thing that's ridiculous about this is to assume that if some one is MtF that they are suddenly homosexual and into guys. Not true. An overwhelming majority of them are still attracted to, married to, or in relationships with women.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by justinsweatt
Another thing that's ridiculous about this is to assume that if some one is MtF that they are suddenly homosexual and into guys. Not true. An overwhelming majority of them are still attracted to, married to, or in relationships with women.

Mind you, in some of those cases they end up self-identifying as lesbian.

Glad my problems are a lot less challenging.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I saw a show about a person born with her legs fused together. I guess, from your perspective, it was meant to be. Also, there was a girl born with EIGHT limbs. Your point of view would state that she shouldn't have had half of them removed so she could live a more normal life...

But see this is not the same. Being born with legs fused together is a defect that hopefully can be fixed. Fixing or changing a defect for the betterment of that person should be done. We are talking about COMPLETE sex changes. Sure as you say, mentally this person may take to being the opposite sex more. He may have liked dolls, the color pink, make up, and girly things more than boy things, but cutting it off doesn't make you a real woman. It's not like he can go have a child and give birth as a mother, or breast feed, etc...sure he can be a great parent, but just not a natural mom.

Originally posted by justinsweatt
Are you for real? Would you have been one of these guys back when they started desegregation that you would have a hard time getting your car fixed by a black guy or sharing a seat at the soda fountain with an African American? Seriously?

Again why do people try and associate things that aren't relevant just to bitch? Changing from a guy to a girl IS NOT the same as someones race. How the hell did you make that comparison? So let me understand this...because i don't agree that a man who cuts it off and calls himself a woman, actually makes him a woman, you cooralate that into I am a racist against blacks? wow...

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

because i don't agree that a man who cuts it off and calls himself a woman, actually makes him a woman...

You do realise that's a gross oversimplification, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join