It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amanda Simpson, First Transgender Presidential Appointee

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Where is it's resume to persume it's the best qualified candidate? The ONLY thing I have read about, anywhere is the fact that he is a she, but really a he wanting to be a she. Sorry that's not qualified thats confused.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj1975

Where is it's resume to persume it's the best qualified candidate? The ONLY thing I have read about, anywhere is the fact that he is a she, but really a he wanting to be a she. Sorry that's not qualified thats confused.

You don't mind assuming that the situation is wrong because it is outside of your personal frame of reference...but you can't take for granted that she might be the best person for the job? You think it would be decided in a vacuum? You know this isn't even a gay issue, don't you?

I'd have to say you're living in a pretty small world.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Simply prove to me its the best candidate and I am ok with it. But don't hire it because if you DON'T then all off a sudden your labled, your critisized, etc...

You have ANY idea how many UNQUALIFIED people hold GOOD jobs because of their skin, sex, orientation, etc...lets be honest here if we are going to defend people or argue points. EVERYONE knows that many positions aren't filled on qualifications, they are filled on politcal and social pressure....

Again..show me it's resume that QUALIFIES it and I am fine with it. I have a homosexual LT in our precinct..guess what, the fact that he loves on another man doesn't bother me, he is simply one of the BEST QUALIFIED police officers I have seen in my 9 years and would do anything for the man..(well you know...law enforcement related..lol)...but again he KNOWS the job...does this guy/girlish one?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Simply prove to me its the best candidate and I am ok with it. But don't hire it because if you DON'T then all off a sudden your labled, your critisized, etc...

I'm pretty certain that her predecessor did not come under scrutiny by you. I'm sure you had no reason to question that person's qualifications...in fact you likely didn't know the job existed. That makes your attention to..and opinion of...this person based upon the circumstances of her gender, which...especially if you're a cop...qualifies as prejudice. Does everybody have to fit into your mould to get a fair shake?

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Nice assumption of who and what I know about MY government, especially positions appointed by the POTUS. I haven't seen a well qualified person in ANY office head for a very long time. I am obviously right too because from A to Z our goverment is failing badly and has been for some time...

Yes I am a police officer and everyone gets a fair shake...how does my enforcement of the law compare to a NON qualified person being appointed to a position in MY government? And yes this is assuming it is unqualified because nowhere are they actually listing it's qualifications. Apparently you don't want hear that people can think as individuals...you think EVERYONE should have to except people no matter what...well welcome BACK to reality.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Apparently you don't want hear that people can think as individuals...you think EVERYONE should have to except people no matter what...well welcome BACK to reality.

Naw, I'm just expressing a national tendency of not sweating the small stuff.

I wanted to get the measure of this appointment...and I'm not surprised that it was pretty predictable.

And I gotta say that I find your use of the word 'it' offensive in speaking of the appointee. Depersonalisation is the first step towards dehumanisation...Hitler knew that well, and it disturbs me that a cop would think in such a manner.

I'm not sure you'd be passing the psych evaluation up here...

[edit on 8-1-2010 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

And I gotta say that I find your use of the word 'it' offensive in speaking of the appointee. Depersonalisation is the first step towards dehumanisation...Hitler knew that well, and it disturbs me that a cop would think in such a manner.

I'm not sure you'd be passing the psych evaluation up here...

[edit on 8-1-2010 by JohnnyCanuck]

You can take offense to it all you like. I will refer to IT as IT until IT makes up IT's mind if IT is going to be a male or female. And if the psych test up there is so hard that you guys can't decide what is a man or what is a woman, then I would much rather stay somewhere that knows the difference.

And me being a cop is irrelevant. If this person needed help, needed police assistance IT would get it, and get it to the best of my abilities like everyone else does. But NOWHERE does it state that because I am a LEO do I or must I accept IT's inability to decide what IT is or wants to be.

[edit on 1/8/2010 by rcwj1975]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

And if the psych test up there is so hard that you guys can't decide what is a man or what is a woman, then I would much rather stay somewhere that knows the difference.

We just don't let it matter.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
When this news first broke, I searched for a photo of what Amanda
used to look like as a dude. No luck..even when searching DEEP
into the Google and Bing results.

Have any of you found a photo of Amanda as she was before the
drugs and surgery? If so, please post it. Thanx in advance.
-cwm

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Amanda Simpson is NOT the first trangendered presidential appointee.

We contacted Mara Keisling of the National Center for Transgender Equality today. And she told us that, actually, while President Obama is the first president to appoint transgender people to his administration, Amanda Simpson is not the first.

A transgendered man is already working at the Labor Department. Everybody, panic! The only reason this second appointment got any attention at all from the national media and organizations like focus-on-your-own-darn-family is that the National Center for Transgender Equality put out a press release saying, “Hey, check it out. Our former board member is going to work in D.C. Isn‘t that neat?

So while Ms. Simpson is not the first openly trans appointee, she‘s also probably not the last. Best of luck to Amanda Simpson in overseeing the whole export of U.S. weapons technology thing. And good luck to the religious right in arguing that a person with three decades of vital, pertinent experience and degrees in physics, engineering, and business isn't qualified to do this job.

"focus-on-your-own-darn-family"

Originally posted by FortAnthem
My problem with this is that whenever I see her speaking on TV or something, I won't be able to pay attention to what she's saying.

You're right. That's your problem.

Simply prove to me its the best candidate and I am ok with it.

Her qualifications:

She got this job monitoring – which is monitoring the export of U.S. weapons technology because she‘s worked in that industry for three decades, most recently at Raytheon.

She also has degrees in physics, engineering, and business. She was a Clinton delegate during the 2008 campaign. She once ran for Arizona‘s House of Representatives as a Democrat. She secured the party nomination, but lost in the general election.

In other words, this woman has a resume designed for this job.

Video at Source

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I will respond to the second question in your post.I believe you became a troll not when you asked for opinions you knew you were going to get but when you attacked the people who gave them.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Here's her qualifications, or some of them at least, it's safe to say she very much is qualified.

Defense industry veteran Amanda Simpson of Tuscon, Arizona, who really is a rocket scientist, was just appointed by President Obama to the Department of Commerce's Bureau of Industry and Security as a senior technical advisor. Her job will include managing exports of dual use technology as well as conducting press and media liaison work for the agency.

Simpson is highly qualified for the position. She has worked in the aerospace and defense industry for 30 years, most recently serving as Deputy Director in Advanced Technology Development at Raytheon Missile Systems. She holds degrees in physics, engineering and business administration, and is a certified flight instructor and test pilot with 20 years of experience.

Source

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

I do think calling him an "it" is uncalled for. No matter the surgery, we aren't changing chromesomes here. Wrapping a hot dog in a taco wrapper doesn't make it any less a hot dog. This is only news for attention, I'd ignore it, if he wants to look like a woman, eh, who cares?

[edit on 10-1-2010 by adifferentbreed]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
I will respond to the second question in your post.I believe you became a troll not when you asked for opinions you knew you were going to get but when you attacked the people who gave them.

How so?

I have concerns about rcwj1975's comments, because in referring to the appointee as an 'it', he is dehumanising that person (as I already said) and that is the first step towards 'cleansing'. That is an especially serious observation coming from a cop. We disagree...he made me a foe. So what's your problem?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by rcwj1975

I do think calling him an "it" is uncalled for either. No matter the surgery, we aren't changing chromesomes here. Wrapping a hot dog in a taco wrapper doesn't make it any less a hot dog. This is only news for attention, I'd ignore it, if he wants to look like a woman, eh, who cares?

Regardless of what the genetics are he identifies himself as a woman and if he had the surgery then he is Physically a woman, why not call him her? Even if just out of respect for your fellow human being's wishes?

It's not like it's hurting anything to give out a little respect, even if you disagree with the premise.

~Keeper

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

You asked I answered .Are you going to attack me now also because you don't like my answer?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by fbnks
Just because someone identifies themselves as a gender, when clearly they are the opposite, does not make them what they claim.
He is male. He is a man masquerading as a woman. It is a shame he feels the need to pretend and gets praised for it.
Yes - how courageous of this man to publicly deny who he really is and lie to all the people who may listen to him.
I guess he will fit in with all the other politicians.

Read, learn, seek enlightenment. The world is not as simple as you think, and gender is not black and white. Everybody will be better off...yourself included.
Peace

and the reason for your personal attack on frbnks?

[edit on 10-1-2010 by genius/idoit]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I was merely pointing out that I didn't agree with the whole "it" thing either. I wish to be called "the greatest blues guitarist ever".....not gonna happen, because I'm not. We haven't changed chromesomes, so he's still a man. I don't see it as a respect thing, I'd even agree with calling him transgendered, but a she, he ain't.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit

Originally posted by fbnks
Just because someone identifies themselves as a gender, when clearly they are the opposite, does not make them what they claim.
He is male. He is a man masquerading as a woman. It is a shame he feels the need to pretend and gets praised for it.
Yes - how courageous of this man to publicly deny who he really is and lie to all the people who may listen to him.
I guess he will fit in with all the other politicians.

Read, learn, seek enlightenment. The world is not as simple as you think, and gender is not black and white. Everybody will be better off...yourself included.
Peace

and the reason for your personal attack on frbnks?

[edit on 10-1-2010 by genius/idoit]

He is wrong...and I encourage him to educate himself, It's not opinion, it's science. That's not a personal attack, and I was not being nasty.

Next?

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Please provide your proof that he is wrong, the scientific proof please.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join