It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets Collect Our Own "Climate Change" Data!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Let's see what is really happening to the weather.

Hear is the form to post your weather.

Date:
High Tem: (for that date)
Low Temp:
Avg. High Temp:
Avg. Low Temp:
Current Weather Conditions:
Comments: Comments on any of the weather go here. What's different about the weather? Are the animals acting strange? etc.

The form will make it easier to collect data.

Date: Jan. 5th, 2010
High Temp: Low Teens
Low Temp: About 0
Avg. High Temp: Mid to lower 40s
Avg. Low Temp: Lower 20s
Current Weather Conditions: Clear skies
Comments: There has been snow on the ground for about 2 days. It isn't going to get warm enough to melt all week. Where I live the snow usually melts in the next day or two. This snow is left over from when the weather man said we would get flurries to make an inch of snow (or less). We got 5 inches.

Please post your current conditions, so we can get some general knowledge of what's going on.

Edit: also state if you are using Celsius or Fahrenheit

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Phlynx]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Date: January 5th 2010
High Tem:21
Low Temp:8
Avg. High Temp:40
Avg. Low Temp: 23
Current Weather Conditions:clear snow coming
Comments:below average cold

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
High Temp: 27
Low Temp: 20
Avg. High Temp: High 30s to Low 40s
Avg. Low Temp: Low 20s
Current Weather Conditions: Clear skies
Comments: Quite cold. Very windy recently, thus causing the wind chill to go into the teens. Snow on the ground for three days and has not melted.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Thanks for the input!

It looks like temperatures are below normal. So far. If it isn't just a local thing, this could quite prove that global warming isn't actually happening.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
High Temp: -1
Low Temp: -3
Avg. High Temp: High -1
Avg. Low Temp: Low -4
Current Weather Conditions: Snowing
Comments: Very cold. Calm breeze. At least 11 inches of snow.

Area: UK

[edit on 5-1-2010 by ChemicalSubstance]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Whether or not it's local in 3 dimensions, it's still local in the 4th, because all these measurements come from within a few days. (One, to be precise) Do you want me to give you a lecture on the difference between weather and climate, or can you find out yourselves? And how would you like something on confirmation bias?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Are you serious? Global Warming causes extreme temperature swings both ways. How do individuals still not understand this concept. Are you trying to define the condition by its name or by its actual meaning?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rivyolie
Whether or not it's local in 3 dimensions, it's still local in the 4th, because all these measurements come from within a few days. (One, to be precise) Do you want me to give you a lecture on the difference between weather and climate, or can you find out yourselves? And how would you like something on confirmation bias?

Blah blah blah, I know. Climate is long term. You can still accurately see if there is a change in the world if everyone is having something different, even if it is on the same day. If the world is having different temps one day, it is safe to assume it will the next day.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Date:6/01/2010
High Temp: 21°C
Low Temp: 7.6°C
Avg. High Temp:24.2°C
Avg. Low Temp: 12°c
Current Weather Conditions: Fine, partly cloudy
Comments: Beautiful early summer day, slightly below long term average, my dog wants another biscuit, should have been born a pig.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by Phlynx

Are you serious? Global Warming causes extreme temperature swings both ways. How do individuals still not understand this concept. Are you trying to define the condition by its name or by its actual meaning?

It seems you don't understand global warming either.

Global Warming is defined by a rise in the Earth's average temperature causing changes in weather patterns and other anomalies that associate with changing climate. If you collect enough data from enough places (and from the right places) you can get the world's average temperature. If you get the world's average temperature (collectively through an extended period) you can see a trend. Averages are averages.

-----------------------------------

To the OP:

I think a better way of collecting climate data is to view global temperatures on a daily basis and do the averages yourself. I don't know how much good randomly asking people is going to do. I think the scientific method would slap you if it could.

---------------------------

On a side note, yes climate change is real. No, it is not the worse thing happening to our environment right now. Yes we should be worrying about other things.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by DaMod]

top topics

join