It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hermeticism; Hermes Trismegistus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Hermeticism is an ancient philosopical tradition that emphasizes the importance of inner enlightenment or gnosis, rather than that of pure rationalism or doctrinal faith.

Something that has also caught my eye and ear recently is Hermeticism.
It seems to be a philosophy I could agree with. It's as close of a connection of all the world religions into one without the messy unneeded details that seperate them all.

The aim of Hermeticism, like Gnosticism, was the deification or rebirth of man through the knowledge (gnosis) of the one transcendent God, the world, and humanity.

"Evolution never stopped when we grew thumbs.", something an inspirational man named Bill Hicks said. I believe that. We're still evolving into a consciousness closer the God and closer to the earth. Good men throughout history have evolved themselves, in mind, but not body. Maybe through a collective consciousness of spiritual experience can man finally evolve and lose the evil it's tattered along. Sorry, I got sidetracked.

Hermeticism invokes that same idea, subtly or not, that we control ourselves and commit holistic deeds and bad deeds accordingly to our minds.

My belief here, we are part of and in God, "As above, so below." We have the will to hate and the will to peace, conquering ourselves is our goal. I've read too much philosophy, so that's all I can say. I don't want to put in good beliefs I can't completely share yet.

Sorry if there has been posts previously about this, I hadn't checked.

Let Love Endure In You All

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Hermetics are a great thing.

You being interested in them, I would imagine that you are also familiar with the Kabalah and the Tree.

On lower branches, you have Hod (Hermetics-Orange Ray) and Netzach (Nature/Empathic-Green Ray).

With pure hermetics, you tend toward the more clinical. Netzach, you are more "experiential".

Be aware that the scientific nature of Hod/Hermeticism can cause you to self-alienate from others and seem rather cold. Hod is a more "earthly" emanation of Geburah.

In all things, balance.

join