It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If ever there is a war draft, I will humbly refuse to answer the call.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sgrrsh26

It is true, getting drafted sucks, but what worries me is that you are saying you refuse to get drafted before you even consider the situation. If the country is in a situation where the country truly is in peril and refuse to get drafted then that is a dick move on your part. But if the only wars that the future holds are more Vietnams and Iraqs then I understand your concern.

Now if the country was truly in peril, I would say don't wait around and risk getting drafted, just go and get commissioned as an officer so you don't have to serve as an enlisted soldier and take all the # that enlisted soldiers have to take. Hell, if you are concerned about health just go join the Air Force as an officer and you can control a fighter drone in North Korea or Iraq or wherever the war is from the safety of Colorado.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint

Today, only the poor "volunteer" for war.

No one volunteers for war anymore, no one volunteers to be in the military. They get paid, it is a professional job. And I'll tell you why people join the military. It is because the military is the only respectable institution left in America, where codes of conduct regarding honor and respect are upheld. As much bs as people take in the military, it is still better than being a mindless sheep in the civilian being controlled by politicians and the wealthy elite. Because when soldiers go overseas and see all of the bs that is going on, they stop being a mindless sheep, they see the truth about what is going and and then they have the power to change it.

And it's not only poor people joining the military today, it's people from all different classes and backgrounds joining the military because they just want to get out of the worthless materialistic society that is America today. Where do you think all of the military's officers come from? They come out of ROTC programs in colleges and from military academies. They are college educated people who know exactly what they are getting into, so don't tell me it is just the poor that are going into the military.

People in the military, they don't fight for America, they fight for the military, they fight for their brothers in the military, they fight for the last respectable institution in America, they fight for the hope that the US Military gives them.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Wang Tang]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wang Tang

It is true, getting drafted sucks, but what worries me is that you are saying you refuse to get drafted before you even consider the situation. If the country is in a situation where the country truly is in peril and refuse to get drafted then that is a dick move on your part. But if the only wars that the future holds are more Vietnams and Iraqs then I understand your concern.

Now if the country was truly in peril, I would say don't wait around and risk getting drafted, just go and get commissioned as an officer so you don't have to serve as an enlisted soldier and take all the # that enlisted soldiers have to take. Hell, if you are concerned about health just go join the Air Force as an officer and you can control a fighter drone in North Korea or Iraq or wherever the war is from the safety of Colorado.

That's like saying if you fear you might get a marijuana addiction, you should start doing black tar heroin just to be safe.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint

Today, only the poor "volunteer" for war.

Quite wrong. Wartime - Recruit Demographics

Wartime - Recruit Demographics II

One more...in case people want to say they target ethnic areas for recruits.....Wartime - Recruit Demographics III

California and Texas take the brunt...everyone else is pretty low in terms of percentages Military Recruits by State

From here....Source

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

That's like saying if you fear you might get a marijuana addiction, you should start doing black tar heroin just to be safe.

No it's like saying if you have to take 4 semesters of Math in order to graduate college you take the 4 easiest Math courses and get by as easy as possible.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well if there is a draft, then there are a lot of questions that will have to be answered, and problems resolved, standards ignored or lowered to meet the needs of the military service.
For those who don't want to go, simply state you are a homosexual, have had same sex and chances are they military will ignore you, as they would have to prove such, or admit such into the military. Course they would have to waver those who have drugs in their system.
Now if my memory serves correct, if you are called to military service due to draft/conscription, and you do not show up, then you will be sent to a federal prison. Canada may not be a good idea, cause the relationships have warmed up, and they may choose to extradite you back down.
Course the legal battles will be excellent, cause someone will demand that both men and women will need to be drafted. So the rate of pregnancy will go up.
I will not go, cause my philosophical beliefs prohibit me from taking anothers life.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

That's a bs reason to not join the military, you could enlist in the Air Force and spend all day cleaning airplanes, you don't have to kill anyone.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wang Tang

Correct again Wang Tang.

Spent 6 years in the Air Force and never had to shoot at a living person the whole time.

Better yet, join the Navy. Air Force boys were being pulled for security details and convo duty for the past few years.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
reply to post by Wang Tang

Correct again Wang Tang.

You said correct again... implying that I have been correct on several points?

EDIT* Oh I see now I didn't notice at first that you also posted on soldier demographics now I see what you are talking about.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Wang Tang]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
And if his Values are against *war* or *conflict* all together, what is your argument then?
You wouldn't tell him his beliefs and feelings are wrong, would you?

[edit on 5-1-2010 by sgrrsh26]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

Yeah, I tend to agree with most of what T.J. said, I feel he was a very forward thinking person with some admitted personality flaws.

Having said that(reference to Curb Your Enthusiasm), I sort of agreed with the original reason to start a central bank(Hamilton's arguement) and have all of the original states throw their hat into the ring to take care of the ORIGINAL national debt. I do believe T.J. was forward thinking, to the point of being knowing what could come of a national bank. That bank should have run its course by the end of the charter. A. Jackson was forced to re-establish(not a correct term, but...) through political intrigue.

That was then and in the early 20th century the robber barons took control and we have the entity we have now.

If you make the argument about our founding fathers knowing what could happen in the future, I always look to G. Washington's farewell address to congress, wordy but, some good stuff about foreign entanglements and political parties. Sorry op if I got off topic, but this is intellegent conversation...

Just a personal question, are you a T.J. fan or just really know your history? No wrong answers just wondering. I was a history teacher for a while and he was my favorite subject to teach in that time period.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I had a whole post ready to go when I did the wrong thing and........poof! gone!

So, I'll just say, there are already several pieces of legislation drafted (no pun intended :lol
and waiting for the day when they will be quietly be dusted off to be rammed through the legislative process when needed.

Anyway, I am female, and over the draft age anyway, but I do have children that would be eligible if there were a draft, and I would not want them to be drafted, or even to enlist voluntarily, not even when I thought our country had been attacked by terrorists.

I actually thought a draft would be initiated in the run-up to the 2 wars we are in now. At the time there was a lot of discussion going on about it, but I guess our government creatures were too afraid to proceed with it because they were afraid they would lose their cushy Washington jobs.

Ultimately, they didn't have to, because the American people were sold down the river by their government and the media, and a lot of young people who thought they were defending their country volunteered.

Like most Americans, I initially thought the Afghan war was justified, with Bin Laden and all, but when the war drums started in on Iraq, I started questioning what we were doing.

I had been interested in Iraq and Saddam Hussein since the 80's, and had been monitoring the situation in Iraq with the weapons inspectors for a long time.

The *weapons of mass destruction* theory didn't ring true to me because of what I knew about the situation. When discussing the situation with people I knew, I told them I didn't think we should be in Iraq, because I didn't think they had any WMD.

Now that people are starting to see the lies fall apart, there probably WILL be a draft in the future, probably called for in the event of another terrorist false-flag attack, to be blamed on Iran. If there is, both our sons AND our daughters could be drafted.

It has already been suggested by one of Obama's top advisers, that all young males and females of a certain age should have to spend an amount of time being trained to serve, and serving, in a type of citizen army, similar to certain other countries.
Obama’s handler has plans for mandatory service

Anyway, I happened to run across several articles a while back which gave some suggestions as to how to not *volunteer* for service in the armed forces in the event of a draft, and have attached a link to one of them. Supposedly, this is what Cassius Clay (better known as the famous boxer, Mohammad Ali) did when he was drafted.

The Right to Refuse to 'Volunteer' When Called for the Coming Draft

According to the author of one of the articles, I found:

9.IF Mr. B does not weaken, stands his ground, eventually the tormentors will give up and have him arrested on some charge. However, there is NO lawful way that they can MAKE him go into the military...because of the Constitutional prohibition against "involuntary servitude"...which is why NO ONE IS TRULY EVER "DRAFTED" AND MUST BE "SEDUCED " INTO VOLUNTEERING!
D. R. Graham Ret. Sci. Instr. & Ret. Mil. Off'r, AUS

Hope this helps any young men or women who love their country, but refuse to fight unjust, made-up wars for the profit of the elite.

God Bless,

Sezsue

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

You could serve in a non-combat role.

If you went to prison you would have to fight, or be killed or repeatedly raped.
There is always suicide, which is what not fighting in prison is.
In prison the level of violence surrounding you is unimaginable. Day in and day out no weekend pass.

In both situations someone may to try to kill you.

Personally I would choose BDU’s and boots over an orange jumpsuit and slippers, plus I like to be able to go outside.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sezsue

I had been interested in Iraq and Saddam Hussein since the 80's, and had been monitoring the situation in Iraq with the weapons inspectors for a long time.

The *weapons of mass destruction* theory didn't ring true to me because of what I knew about the situation. When discussing the situation with people I knew, I told them I didn't think we should be in Iraq, because I didn't think they had any WMD.

Couldn’t resist.
So what do you think? The Iranians and the Kurds gassed themselves? Oh I know. it was propaganda. Nobody got gassed and we didnt give Iraq weapons during the Iran Iraq conflict.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

S & F
If everyone did that, there would be no more war.

We need to nurture our people and our planet.

End war now!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Sounds like some of you will get to see the inside of the detainment camps. I think there will be a draft. The youth have become spoiled. Fighting for life is a great way to alter their mindset. If you think there are not groups of people using race or religion to control populations and territory then you are fooling yourself. There is a gianormous war being waged for Earth.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by learningtofly

So, killing people is a great way to alter their mindset?

NO NO NO! We should be teaching young people to nurture life, not to kill.

And as long as we have wars, we will not save this planet.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Only the poor volunteer for war?

You've got to be kidding me. Stop posting on this website immediately, and re-evaluate your life.

One of my friends during BUD/s was actually a cardiologist before he enlisted. End of story.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Id say im lucky im in a country that would never resort to the draft, or even contemplate going to war outside of peace keeping and reconstruction. But If push came to shove, I would rather die or be jailed as a 'conche' with my integrity intact than do anything that would result in the direct death of another human being.

The only time that would be void, would be if I was defending my immediate family and to kill was the only option left available... you can defend yourself without killing most of the time though.

Id also guess that the only time id willingly join a war effort is if the threat was not human, since then it would be a fight against extinction, rather than a fight for land, honor, resources, religion, revenge... all things that are ridiculous reasons to war amongst our own species.

Dont see it ever happening thankfully, but if it did... they can kiss my white hairy backside.

If there is one principle ill never abandon its that one.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Youth need some interest - but not war.

Get young people into driving/car things - they love that.

Get them into saving the planet - that would be a great move.

Get them into communicating with other youth in distant lands - they would like that.

We are letting our youth down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join