It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If ever there is a war draft, I will humbly refuse to answer the call.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I am just curious how many people feel the same way I do about this. I will not fight. I will go to jail.

They say we are the children who will lead the future. I personally believe now is the time for change, and we are the ones who can accomplish it. We need to let our fathers know that their ways of the past do not, and never have worked.

Peace and love to all.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by sgrrsh26]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I wont say 'ever', because there could come a time when this country legitimately NEEDS a draft to defend its freedom.

I believe if the draft were implemented in the current situation, you would see protests like you never have before in this country, possibly even riots.

I personally will fight against the tyranny inside this country long before I fight FOR them OUTSIDE of it.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I agree I was going to say what you said but i thought it would take the meaning out of my post.

If we were attacked it would be a consideration.

so i should say, "under the right circumstances"
but again, this insight I feel takes away from the meaning of my post.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The only call to draft I would follow is one from the militias to take back our country.

Other than that, the government can put it where the sun don't shine.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This is why they call the WW2 generation the "Greatest generation ever."

I am not going to resort to namecalling so I will stop now.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I would not be willing to fight for a country that thinks it's people are sheep that they use to futher there needs not the peoples. There is one way i would and that would be to defend my home.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by gtasa234]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Are you really equating current operations to world war 2?

History, kiddos.....it's not just fun and games....

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I hope that people realize the simple truth, which is that with a conscription army the policy of the country would radically changed and we wouldn't be engaged in all sorts of BS wars. Right now we have a warrior caste which is paid to risk life and limb to fulfill complex agenda of TPTB. If there were conscription, I'm sure people would care more about what's really happening in the world arena.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sgrrsh26

Whatever happened to the military saying "we are the peoples army."

I hear it in movies and stuff.

I got one of those draft letters and when I got it I wrote a letter back and after writting back and forth a few times they gave up on trying to get me to sign up.

I did some legal research on being a U.S. citizen as you may see a portion of it in my signature.

My advice, as its not worth much, is when the military drafts you, say it is against my morals and that you will not supply the industrial military complex with money.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Every generation has its fight. WW2 was about Nazi's and imperialism, today it is about Muslim terrorists.

I wouldn't worry about a draft anyway. Don't think the military would want to mess with today's youth. BTW that is not a compliment to today's youth.

Got to stop again before I start calling people names.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Unless this country is directly threatened (and I don't mean this hilariously stupid War on Terror) or is being invaded. You'll find me in Canada watching hockey and laughing at you poor schmucks. I'll defend my country to the death against any foreign invader but let's be honest, there are no foreign invaders in the modern world at least in the traditional militaristic sense.

But that's why the welfare class was created and education dumbed down immediately after the Vietnam War. So we'd have an entire class of ignorant people no one cares about who's only opportunity to advance out of their situation is to pick up a rifle.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
carseller, would you or wouldnt you fight?
its a simple question.

I believe it is same as mine (under the right circumstances)

"There is one way i would and that would be to defend my home. "

Nice Gtasa

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

But that's why the welfare class was created and education dumbed down immediately after the Vietnam War. So we'd have an entire class of ignorant people no one cares about who's only opportunity to advance out of their situation is to pick up a rifle.

Maybe you ought to look at this thread and see how wrong you are about the people who are picking up a rifle.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Yeah they volunteered
but how many were drawn in by incentives?

link   
I suck at double posts

[edit on 5-1-2010 by sgrrsh26]

link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Every generation has its fight. WW2 was about Nazi's and imperialism, today it is about Muslim terrorists.

I wouldn't worry about a draft anyway. Don't think the military would want to mess with today's youth. BTW that is not a compliment to today's youth.

Got to stop again before I start calling people names.

Seriously? Nazis are the same as muslim terrorists? What about american terrorists?

Seriously, my jaw dropped when I read 'muslim terrorists'. Have we truly been brainwashed this far?

It is an insult to all those who fought during WW2 to even speak of this farse of a war in the same sentence as them.

I am genuinely offended.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I am nearly thirty now and I have served in the military (Navy), but I would never deny my nations call for me to serve whether I agreed with the war or not. We as a population have a duty to serve our nation, I believe. If our nation was to go to war it would not help to have a draft dodging public back at home undermining what our troops are doing and causing hate. If you don't agree with the war, then get the politics changed. It is not as simple as "if you fight you must agree with the government". It is about taking care of your brothers and sisters in the fight, not carrying the flag for a bunch of over-rated a$$holes that happen to have fooled the population for right now.

If I were to die in said war it would have been supporting the other americans that were fighting not the ideals of law makers. If we allow these people to get us into a war that needs conscription, then we must clean up the mess.

"Shock and awful thing to make somebody think
That they have to choose pushing for peace supporting the troops"
Jack Johnson, Sleep through the Static

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Dookie Master]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
You can not compare ww2 to the war that is going on now it is complety differnt there was a good reason back then hitler wanted to controll the world. The war now is based on greed and futhering there agenda. This war is a war on our rights not terrorist. Most so called terrorist acts are the goverment trying to control our lives more and more. Like the health care plan.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
and by cleaning up the mess you mean creating more of a mess by killing other human beings right?

What about peaceful agreements, civil disobedience, and love for one another?

Or didn't your mother teach you to clean up your own toys?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dookie Master

You are awfully patriotic about supporting troops and war when it can very well be for personal gain for the elite that control the U.S. military.

I agree with your signature as well, but maybe you should look into some of his central banking quotes.

Sometimes fighting wars are needed, but you have to be mindful of who you are killing and why.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join