It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joseph Smith A real prophet of God? or a loony

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Joseph Smith was a great man, with great ideas, and a good heart, was he a prophet of God though? did he really translate the Book of Mormon off of gold plates? or is he a very creative story teller? if anyone has evidence either way i would love to se it!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

I don't agree . Although I may read it if I had any of the information at hand. What comes to mind is south park....... Besides that it's up to you hoenstly. Not me. or anyone else

Nexus why do you post a lot of skeptical threads?

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Jordan River]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
because i have a lot of questions!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I produced this video for youtube - Joe was a lot like Muhammad, in fact Islam is basically medieval Mormonism.

As the video reveals Joseph Smith was a false prophet, demonstrable from his own writings. If any of his story is true then he was misled by a fallen angel. The absurd claims of the book of Mormon like American Indians being the ancestors of the "lamanites" ancient Hebrews that sailed to America in the BC era have been undone by DNA research. Indians are of Asian ancestry with no traces of Semitic DNA - the book of Mormon is false.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I believe soutpark summed it up nicely. I know a lot of Mormon's and they are for the most part great people. The religion really emphasizes community and family and the people have some very admirable traits. The foundation of the religion is VERY difficult to take seriously though.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
i believe he was a liar, a thief, an adulterer and a blasphemer. over the years i have read and studied alot about mormonism and what the bible says and there is a HUGE difference between his distorted view of god and what the real God and the bible says...i live here in idaho falls idaho and its sad, but i dont feel sorry for them, how these people choose to believe the LIE over truth and then there are some who believe what the bible says but dont wanna offend family and friends or lose business over leaving the church..but what can u do? those who believe the LIE have already judged themselves.:shk:
read a book called "the godmakers" jim spencer and the many literature offered by the "utah lighthouse ministry" headed by sandra and jerald (now deceased) tanner.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by vonwoolf appollonia]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

I doubt he was a Prophet or what he said was true. But I don't believe his story of how he found the plates and so on.

new topics

top topics

join