It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security for trial of 9/11 mastermind Khalid Shaikh Mohammed would cost $200M a year: sources

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
A military trial would cost what? This is ridiculous. I wonder what the ACLU and their ilk is gonna make off of this. Man, one .45 slug is alot cheaper.

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
That must be imaginary money. Correct me if i am wrong, but are the military not already paid? If yea, then there would be no additional cost. Sounds like someone has laid out a cost...and likely will take that money to line their coffers.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Exactly, and with a military court we wouldn't have the media meddling in the matter as well.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

I say, under guarded conditions, give the man the time and materials to build the bomb of his dreams...then let him blow himself up with it....maybe even let him get his buddies in on it too.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Why don't we sentence him to life in a hamster wheel, which will generate electricity to offset the carbon footprint of his trial. $200 Million for security, jeez, I'd do it for $150.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This is starting to remind me of those old school Russian and German show trials. The audaciousness of this mess is getting out of hand and only serves to make America look dumber and weaker.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Exactly. He gets to further his cause, on our dime, all the while making us look foolish fopr giving him the opportunity. Why do those in this administration making these decisions choose to do so?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Let's just breakdown them numbers.

$200,000,000/$65,000(salary po po) = 3,076 people at the salary of $65,000

But I forgot the bribery and management charge.

So rework that to 12 police officers for security for the trial. The rest goes into the corrupt politicians pockets.

Nothing to see here. Let us rape the American people some more.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
This is starting to remind me of those old school Russian and German show trials. The audaciousness of this mess is getting out of hand and only serves to make America look dumber and weaker.

Yup. Banana republic of america where innocent people are denied due process, tortured and denied a fair trial before being shot.. because the govt & media said so.

Lets just do it the taliban way... people the corrupt govt say are bad are immediately lined up and shot in a stadium... or heck, lets dig up King George and put him in charge.. to hell with those freedoms from govt oppression those founding father dudes fought for, we don't have any use for them anymore.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Innocent, um no, media siding with the terrorists over the American public, not gonna happen, this administration offending muslims, not gonna happen.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
So what happens if they find him innocent...
Okay even though there's not a chance in hell after all of this regardless of truth, reality, or justice. What happens if?

Also wonder what the Muslim world reaction to this trial will be. This whole thing has been a mind-numbing cluster# on an epic level.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Why are people so outraged that this man is beig tried in an American court? People complain that the gov thinks they are above the law and yet now when they are following the law by giving this man a trial there is outrage. You can't have it both ways. Just my opinion maybe I'm reading this whole situation wrong. Just seems like the typical American way, complaining about ANYTHING they can. Why not just ignore it since it seems to cause stress?

Sorry for the ramble. Carry on

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

Because the military apprehended him, this makes it a military issue. Unlike his nephew Ramzi Yousef who was arrested by the FBI, tried in the same courthouse. It's not logical to try KSM in federal court. A military tribunal is much more suited for this situation. The ignorant Obama administration want to deal with terrorism as if its a criminal issue, when in fact it's a martial issue.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Come on..

You all know we have to show the world that we are a country of justice and rights before we send this guy to meet his maker.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

We don't have to show the world jack. They should have taken him out back with the firing squad as soon as they found him.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

Exactly, but we're gonna be pc and give this pos a platform. As well as make some people rich.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
How could Khalid Shaikh Mohammed be the mastermind of 9/11 if skull & bones members were the planners?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
just stick him in fort knox.

Im sure they spew out these huge numbers just so they can justify where the tax money goes, when in reality it costs little extra but balances those books a treat.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by GovtFlu

Innocent, um no, media siding with the terrorists over the American public, not gonna happen, this administration offending muslims, not gonna happen.

Innocent until proven guilty, um yes. You don't even know if these media stories are more iraq wmd nonsense.

Sorry you don't like the (supposed) american way of justice.. that also just so happens to be a big reason why people think this place is so great... it used to be the govt had to prove guilt "beyond a reasonable doubt" by way of fair and open "due process" in court of law .. these days if the media farts out enough propaganda.. "shoot em in the head!"

Sad, but predictable... and one reason this country is circling the drain. Enjoy the ride.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mosesgunner
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

Because the military apprehended him, this makes it a military issue. Unlike his nephew Ramzi Yousef who was arrested by the FBI, tried in the same courthouse. It's not logical to try KSM in federal court. A military tribunal is much more suited for this situation. The ignorant Obama administration want to deal with terrorism as if its a criminal issue, when in fact it's a martial issue.

KSM was arrested by Pakistani authorities, not the US military. Are all suspects wanted by the US arrested in foreign nations transferred to the US military?.. no.

From there he should have been treated like any other suspect... but he wasn't. He was denied due process and tortured which according the our legal system should render all evidence collected against him thereafter as inadmissible.

Unless you think the govt torturing suspects after denying them due process is a good thing? I promise you wouldn't like it.

And BTW all the news & govt stories you have read about KSM are MEANINGLESS. Erase them from memory because they don't exist until shown to be relevant, material, and competent in a court of law.

Yea.. its a real bummer our rules & laws get in the way of an incompetent corrupt lying govt killing people, but it's kinda how the founding fathers wanted it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join