It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Past life mediation.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I have a meditation I devised myself that does interesting things with the mind. I use ancient egypt as I belive I have had a past incarnation here, if you believe you have past life links to mayan etc it may be better to switch your own personal past life for egyption here.

The basic idea is to go somewhere beatiful in nature that you resonate with and start mediataing however you prefer. Now imagine you are in ancient egypt inside a pyramid meditaing on imagining you are in the future (now) at the start of the golden age/beginning of 2012 changes/age of aquarius etc. So you are meditating on being an ancient egyption meditating on being you. I hope this makes sense.

I believe that in these ancient times our past incarnations would have used the pyramids etc to try and recreate the energies that we are experiencing at this time of change. Ie they were excited by what we are going through now so tried to recreate the future (our now) through meditaion. So the idea is that we meditate on being them meditating on being us now. The experince of coming out of the meditation and realising you are not in a pyramid but actually really here now at the start of the golden age prophesised for thousands of years is an interesing one

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Sounds to me like your just imagining what it would have been like to be an Egyptian. I could do all that without meditating. Its got nothing to do with past life.

I suppose imagining what it would be like to be an Egyptian, imagining what it would be like to be you is taking it one step further. But is'nt the whole point meditating to see what comes to you?

Thats what i do when im meditating. Maybe you just do it a different way.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Algebra

I'm imagining what it would have been like to be an egyption imaging what it would have been liketo be me. I am choosing egyption because I believe I was an egyption in a past life. Does there have to be a point to meditation? The label is unimportant call it contemplation if you feel more comfortable.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by redzi0n]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by redzi0n

Yes there does have to be a point to meditating other wise whats the point in doing it.

I was'nt attacking your method, i was pointing out that you could do what you said without even meditating. As you said your self. All your doing is contemplating. To try and claim contemplating is a new method of meditating is wrong. Your just confusing the two.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Hello redzion,

I also meditate daily, and have done past-life meditations very similar to the one you speak of, with terrific results!

I went to a group past-life regression meditation two times, which were led by audio instructions...and I saw different past lives of my own on both occasions. Some may chalk it up to imagination, but my experiences seemed much more vivid. And while it is not a meditation in the traditional sense, it is a guided meditation none the less, so the term "meditation" still works to describe it just fine in my opinion.

Thanks for the post!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
There is a brilliant process for past life regression called the Christos Method... nothing at all to do with religion or christ.

I have been using this method with clients now for well over 12 years because it can place the explorer into their own other incarnations without them being susceptable to suggestion, as opposed to the unintended suggestions using hypnotics.

The main feature of this method is that the client does re-experience for themselves by direct contact, while still having a small degree of awareness in their physical body so that they can report what they are doing. In effect you are in two places in the same moment.

You will find that all people have had incarnations in each culture and age from earth's history, and we do have preferences based on the lives that we enjoyed the most. Which is why some people have strong connection feelings for certain ancient cultures.

top topics

join