It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Vote on USA Today

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I have a suspicion that you misinterpreted my reply to Quickfix.

I am undetteringly, 100%, pro-gun, as well as pro armor piercing, full auto, landmine droppin' ICBM's.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree

Originally posted by Quickfix

Everyone has the ability to bear arms, just how people bear arms is out of context. It could mean you are allowed to have swords and knives, but not modern guns.

More research to be done!

According to that line of thought, we may also have the right to bear ICBM's and land mines.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Oaktree]

This IMHO is what was intended. Can you feel the heel?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Your suspicion is correct. I missed the connection and posted recklessly.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk

Originally posted by Keyhole
Here's your link, ...

USA Today Gun Vote

The question they are asking in this poll is, "Does the Second Amendment give individuals the right to bear arms?"

[edit on 1/5/2010 by Keyhole]

No, it does not give individuals the right to bear arms. That right is a natural right, some like to call it a 'god given' right. The Second Amendment restricts the government from infringing on that right. You cannot be given a right that you naturally have.

Anybody that thinks that the Constitution gives any individuals rights needs to be educated. The Constitution gives the government rights, and spells out hwo the government is to operate. What is not given to the government in the Constitution is left to the states if stated specifically, or the people at large.

Sounds good to me. Can you supply a link or some official voice on this thinking?
thanks Donny

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Apparently this is a poll that has been floating out on the net for a bit that US Today never really got around to taking down.

Notice the URL link for the poll..

www.usatoday.com...[b/2007/november/popup5895.htm

So, its been floating around in cyberspace since Nov 07 picking up votes. I did a quick search and fround references to it going back that far.

I still agree with the results though..

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Frogs]

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Frogs]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

I didn't think to check the date as the link worked to vote and it was front and center on a search.

My friend in gun packin Florida sent me the link in an email.
The last time I saw him we were both buying bullets in Virginia.
Thanks for the info and your sentiments.
Donny

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

i like spacepunks view that it is a god given right--not a amendment---Mine will go bullets first--i will not be unprotected [ESPECIALLY THESE DAYS]--to ask me to give up my protection to rely on a cop or fed is the MOST IGNORANT IDEA--- i ever heard--all of you should express your views to your local and state governments and use strong language-- UNBELIEVABLE to even sugest it---DO you all want to be slaves like other countries???? fun fact--WHY DIDNT HITLER GO INTO SWITZERLAND IN WW2???? simple---- every house had a fully automatic machine gun--

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnis
Here is an interesting post I found over on sodahead.

Dick Act of 1902.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Found here

Seems interesting, perhaps a bright torch the NRA could use in a gloomy situation?

The Dick act of 1902 is something I had never heard of. This act is quite informative to say the least. It just goes to prove that our government has been pulling the wool over our eyes for at least 100 years.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

cincinnati

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45

Originally posted by Cygnis
Here is an interesting post I found over on sodahead.

Dick Act of 1902.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Found here

Seems interesting, perhaps a bright torch the NRA could use in a gloomy situation?

The Dick act of 1902 is something I had never heard of. This act is quite informative to say the least. It just goes to prove that our government has been pulling the wool over our eyes for at least 100 years.

Looks like they have walked all over our Dick.
The Guard is all over the ME.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I can see the popularity of Dick rising fast. With everyone walking around with "Got Dick?" t-shirts and bumper stickers.

Can't wait for the "Got Dick?" protest signs. I wonder if the MSM will censor them?

Groups like the Second Amendment Sisters can have signs saying "Women love Dick."

[edit on 5-1-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Curious. Can you carry a gun legally out there?
I know you can in Florida and Virginia.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

You can but you have to go through a good bit to do it. I live in Ohio as well. You have to get a Concealed Carry Permit. But you have to take a class which involves class time and time at the gun range which you have to pay for that is not cheap. Then you have to apply for the concealed carry permit which I think you have to pay for as well.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Great Idea! Start the thread after this one dies down LOL

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamherefornow

You can but you have to go through a good bit to do it. I live in Ohio as well. You have to get a Concealed Carry Permit. But you have to take a class which involves class time and time at the gun range which you have to pay for that is not cheap. Then you have to apply for the concealed carry permit which I think you have to pay for as well.

I would almost make a bet that if you can't afford it there would be
enough members here to find a way to get you a concealed weapons permit scholarship.
Could be called "The Up With Dick Foundation"

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Sounds good to me I would love to get my CCW but have not had the extra money to get it. I am armed in the home, you have to be around here but would love to be able to carry.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
5081340 votes 97% yes
sounds like the results are pretty clear

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Ohio's class is like 20 hours or something, completed in two or three days. It's not that much different than other states to be honest. Ohio also allows if I remember correctly, for you to carry the weapon armed in your car.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Thanks rock.
I cannot stress the need for education and training enough.
Always loaded. WATCH that muzzle!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Similar to the results for keeping god in the government.
Must be some connection ya think?

Of course over confidence is never the best thing.
But unity is.
thanks Daddy

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join