It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Does this world belong to?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The answer is SATAN

We know we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one

God always has control, although for a time he is letting Satan, test man, by doing this god is answering who has the right to rule, and in the end God will prove victorious, so the people who are blaming god for the mess in the world, its satan not god, there are a lot of people angry with God, dont be, his time will come we will all have the chance to learn the truth

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

Why does the world have to belong to anyone/anything?

I think it just is.

Our egos wont accept that nature just exists... it did before us and will long after us..

Oh no... there must be a god or there must be something extra special...

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
its not here for no reason, someone has to have the world =P

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The answer is SATAN

Really?

PSalm 24 1 The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it;

Was David a satanist?

1 Samuel 2:8 NIV
He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap; he seats them with princes and has them inherit a throne of honor. "For the foundations of the earth are the LORD's; upon them he has set the world.

Psalms 96:10 NIV
Say among the nations, "The LORD reigns." The world is firmly established, it cannot be moved; he will judge the peoples with equity.

Zechariah 6:5 NIV
The angel answered me, "These are the four spirits of heaven, going out from standing in the presence of the Lord of the whole world.

Acts 17:24 NIV
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands.

Now who exactly is in charge here?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
i siad god is in charge but

this system of the world is in the power of satan

but god is always in control

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Then you need to be more clear.

That is not what you said in your OP.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by l neXus l
its not here for no reason, someone has to have the world =P

And why is that?

Why do you think of the world in terms of possession?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

this system of the world is in the power of satan but god is always in control

Don't you see the contradiction in that?

NOw if you say that God controls Satan, then you might have a point. Either God is all powerful, or not.

so the people who are blaming god for the mess in the world, its satan not god,

Please provide book, chapter and verse(s) to support that.

[edit on 5/1/10 by PSUSA]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PSUSA

It would be Jesus saying this is not his kingdom.

This world is controlled by "Satan", although I don't know that such an entity actually exists, it really just means "adversary", and is in reference to this world runs and is ruled by evil(don't have to be religious to see that). If "Satan" a being exists or not doesn't really matter, same result/meaning either way - evil rules the world.

I just don't get why Christians don't realize that they worship the sacrifice of truth. Because what does it mean when the truth has to die for you to live? The only thing that ever needs the truth to die for it is the lie. I think the sacrifice is "satanic" personally, and Christianity itself is the anti-Christ religion warned of.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Christianity itself is the anti-Christ religion warned of.

I agree with that, but for different reasons than the ones you gave.

It goes back to the garden of eden, where there was a "tree" of the knowledge of BOTH good and evil. People skip right over the "good" part of the equation and focus on the evil part.

It also goes back to the complete sovereignty of God. CHristians do not believe God is sovereign. They say it, but they don't believe it.

THey have to see evil as some kind of force outside of God, because then otherwise, to their minds, God is also does evil.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PSUSA
I agree with that, but for different reasons than the ones you gave.

Oh, I could make a big long list of reasons.

It goes back to the garden of eden, where there was a "tree" of the knowledge of BOTH good and evil. People skip right over the "good" part of the equation and focus on the evil part.

It also goes back to the complete sovereignty of God. CHristians do not believe God is sovereign. They say it, but they don't believe it.

THey have to see evil as some kind of force outside of God, because then otherwise, to their minds, God is also does evil.

How do you know and understand the difference between hot and cold? Only by experiencing both. It's also the only way someone can understand the difference between good and evil.

This is just a school. Some call it a prison. Either way, gotta learn the lesson. In Genesis, they are removed from the garden/universe because they do not keep the "way of the tree of life".

We have good and evil on earth, but by the time you go up in levels to get to the father, good and evil are irrelevant/nonexistent and all things happen for a reason.

I don't generally like to talk on a level higher than good and evil. It's a rather slippery slope IMO, and I don't want it to be taken as an excuse or justification/enabler for people to do evil things. To see and understand the reason behind it is a different story than to take up the way itself. Seeing and understanding it is part of understanding good, but to make the correct choice towards the "way of the tree of life" is wisdom.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I know what you mean, all of it, and I agree. It took a while to get to that point. Funny how things work out, isn't it?

I also think of this as a school. I use that exact word myself. It;s like God rang the school bell in that garden.

This is one reason why I see things not improving over time.
By the time we "get it", we die. And those that get it are hardly ever in authority so they can change things for the better.

Then the new class has to start it all over again.

Those poor poor freshmen

[edit on 7/1/10 by PSUSA]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by PSUSA

this system of the world is in the power of satan but god is always in control

Don't you see the contradiction in that?

NOw if you say that God controls Satan, then you might have a point. Either God is all powerful, or not.

so the people who are blaming god for the mess in the world, its satan not god,

Please provide book, chapter and verse(s) to support that.

[edit on 5/1/10 by PSUSA]

It seems the real reason for the mess were in is the one great
flaw in Creation; free will. The solution?

The Talmud records an incident that is characteristic of the differences between the two great scholars.15 A Gentile came to Shammai with the strange request that he be taught the entire Torah, but that it be done during the time he could stand on one foot! It is recounted that Shammai, a surveyor by trade, chased him away with a cubit stick. When this Gentile approached Hillel with the same request, instead of being scolded for such an impudent demand, he was told, “What is hateful to you, do not to your fellowman. This is the entire Torah. All the rest is commentary — now go and study.” The parallels with Hillel’s statement are readily recognized in Jesus’ statement in Matthew 7:12 and Paul’s “summary” in Galatians 5:14.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Mahatma Gandhi

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

God always has control, although for a time he is letting Satan, test man

How convenient.

So when is this God of yours going to raise his ugly head again?

new topics

top topics

join