It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The view from my house this morning

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

you have something there i am a christmas eve baby and i love winter not summer haha.

we are ready for this ice age

[edit on 5-1-2010 by thecrow001]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I didnt assign it a gender, its not my place to.. I'm not god. I like my snow 'men' to be liberated & choose whichever gender, if any, that they want to be.
Whenever I tried to give it a smile it ended up looking evil, and I didnt want an evil little face staring at me whenever I looked out of the window!

I looked at that picture literally 2 minutes ago! Im trawling through google to find inspiration for my next masterpiece

*Edit - Ive come up with the best idea ever, Im making Jedward into snowmen.

[edit on 5/1/10 by Bluebelle]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hi, from Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire. Main roads clear here, but side roads are no go areas. Worked from home today, couldnt get car out. Phoned my father who is 84 this tea time to check he was ok. He lives 3/4 mile from Cleckheaton across the valley from me.

He told me that this morning he had walked into Cleckheaton, there were no buses. Why you may ask..... well, he had run out of cornflakes (WHAT).
He bought 3 carrier bags of shopping ...just incase, then was surprised there were no taxis. He had to walk up hill then with the bags in thick snow.

What did he have on his feet, 'sensible shoes'... !! You couldnt make it up.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Two day's off work; I love the snow me. My dog wasnt too keen though as he has little legs and i think his balls were getting numb as he basically dragged me back to the house after 20 yards.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by easystreet

British spirit and drive my friend.

Glad he was ok, maybe suggest toast to him next time

But you highlight a good point on people needing help with weather like this.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Jedward thats going to be a challenge. I look forward to it maybe i'll go with simon cowell hmmmm.

do i have the patience.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by R-evolve

Good job he did not get off lead you whould never find him runing about under the snow should be a warning about takeing small dogs out.

THANKYOU

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
ME and technology are like the british and severe weather, just useless.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by R-evolve]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I remember snow like this in December some 25 years ago, and i think one of the reasons for people not being prepared for it, is the because we have all been told that things are getting warmer, why would you prepare for a cold spell if that's the case? however the alternative science and the one now being looked at more so now as the real science has been warning people of the cold spell coming our way. I fear for some though who are not ready for this, and i fear for the amount of elderly not ready, we need to keep our eye on them and offer help wherever we can.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Well I put it to you that by not placing the aforementioned carrot in its correct spot you have assigned a gender. Female. And how exactly is the poor thing going to choose a gender when its feeble little arms wouldn't be able to pick up a carrot even if it wanted to.

You really haven't thought this through, amateur

I see your predicament about the smile. It's a fine art for sure. But at least you have the power to smash its head in if it looks at you funny, take solace in that.

That picture is amazing, had me in stitches. It's beautifully macabre.

I fell through my pond today. The snow hid how truly thin the ice was, you live and learn

Jedward! May God have mercy on us all......

The irony is that like your snowJedward, the real Jedward are destined to melt away into obscurity...and die.

[edit on 05/08/2009 by LiveForever8]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Just checked the Leicester square streaming webcam and I'm more than certain I spotted the occasional snowflake drifting down but melting on the wet road ... chances are that even London may not escape totally unscathed

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by R-evolve

Your link is broken and the way you worded that made me think that whatever it is you are linking you did not do am i right.

THANKYOU

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

Build the whole judging panel!

I really want to make this one. Preferably in my front garden so the young kids next door can see it:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/52ed3ab927b6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dukarth
Hehe, sure is fun for us northern country folks to see you guys have some "real" snow sometime.

I agree I hope everyone gets a chance to go outside and play.

I'm in Colorado I love a good snowstorm. If it gets deep don't forget to set out something for the birds. Stay warm & have fun.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The whole panel sounds more like a job for a regular snow man builder.

Its hard for me to pick the snow up long enough to shape anything, it looks like splatted snow balls on a face haha.

That picture is scary, but really really impressive i wonder who made this a married ..... man

If i had enough time i would get creative but i know i will go to far and freeze

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

But it has no lady parts either! Its arms may be weak, but lets not forget that some snowman never get given arms in the first place, so mine should feel lucky.

I dont know about smashing it in.. I had visions of waking up in the middle of the night to find it sitting right outside my window. Or even worse, in my bedroom trying to attack me with its twiggy little arms. I'd just die of sheer terror before I could do anything!

Haha, unlucky about the pond!.. I will probably suffer the same fate at some point if I keep randomly jumping into piles of snow without considering what may or may not be underneath.

Jedward will take over the world, ITV2 is giving them their own show

reply to post by thecrow001

Unfortunately, the brilliance of a piece of art is directly proportional to the amount of suffering undertaken to create it. Van Gogh cut his ear off for his art... so a little frostbite is nothing really

*Edit: a possible improvement on the murdering snowman - I could go out in the morning and build the killer one next to other peoples normal, peace loving snowmen

[edit on 5/1/10 by Bluebelle]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

You are right i may need to sacriface abit of myself.

hmmmm i cant loose the ear thats so copy cat maybe i'll build a mini snow man and sacriface him to the snow gods.

does that borderline snowman right abuse

Its stopped snowing now, its just cold

*Edit: a possible improvement on the murdering snowman - I could go out in the morning and build the killer one next to other peoples normal, peace loving snowmen

love it and move it closer to the persons house each night haha

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I can't believe you are going out picking up giant ice cubes without gloves or mitts on your hands!

The snow is beautiful....I can say that because it never snows where I am, so it is a treat for me to see videos like yours.

I don't think I would like to be in the snow, though.

I hope you get a wind to blow some of that off the roofs before it gets too heavy.

Are you staying warm enough?
What kind of heat do you use?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
I hope you get a wind to blow some of that off the roofs before it gets too heavy.

I doubt enough snow will fall to collapse buildings. It would take ALOT of snow for that, by which time we'd have bigger issues, like being dead anyway!

Originally posted by Alethea
Are you staying warm enough?
What kind of heat do you use?

Most of us in the UK have Gas central heating, although I augment mine with electric heaters to keep my toes warm as my fancy wooden floor gets bloody cold!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong I think it's wonderful you have given your snowbeing arms, and lucky, yes.

However, imagine if you had three eyes or a tail. Some might say you were 'lucky' because you had better vision or improved balance. Other might mock you and make you the 'star' of a Channel 4 documentary. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if it's not in one piece tomorrow, snowbeings can get jealous

At least if it attacked you in the night you could come on here first thing in the morning and start a thread on it - Snow Demon - but you better have pictures of the attack or no dice!

Bloody hate that pond! My next door neighbour fell in it once. She only has one arm. She tried to swim her way out but she kept going round in circles. True story

Jedward for the win

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join