It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The view from my house this morning

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well if we're sharing snowman pictures, I believe mine is worth a mention:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3a6fa0f831e.jpg[/atsimg]

Ive decided that tomorrow I shall dedicate my day to making all manner of objects out of snow!

reply to post by thecrow001

There are many, many things wrong with mansfield, once you've been going out down there for a good 5/6 years it gets quite tedious... I absolutely refuse to go out down there anymore. Well, I made an exception the other week because Jedward were supposed to be coming to QI.. but they didnt.
Its allll about Lincoln, Manchester & Birmingham these days

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchTheWorld

Most snow i've ever seen here up in the north west, forecasted for heavy snow throughout the night as well, roads are veryyyy dangerous, not looking forward to work tommorow..

I bow down to you, that definately beats the snowfall in my town.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Did anyone else have that school myth that if the temperature went to -3 or below we could, by law, leave school?

I remember once we all sat in science with thermometers waiting with baited breath for it to reach -3. When it did there was pandemonium!

They were the days

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Biger twigs for the arms woman.

No that is a nice snowman have a star from me im in a good mood the most freindly thread i have been in for a bit.

THANKYOU

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Hehe, sure is fun for us northern country folks to see you guys have some "real" snow sometime. Here in Finland there is about a meter of snow in my backyard and at the moment -19 celcius which is quite normal for january. Last night it was -26 celcius if i remember correctly.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by Rising Against

Day off work, nice

This couple were warned by neighbours not to venture out that day and they were the only people to attempt to drive on that road. There were numerous pedestrians around who could barely walk on the black ice so a car really stood no chance.

Some people will never learn

Tuck and roll !

I can`t believe they actually ~bailed out~ of that moving car .

Guilty laughter ..... hope yer` man is all right .

Daft stuff indeed , i wasn`t expecting that twist !

link   

Nice snowman or women i think with the scarf and hat.

It looks like a old women snow women with no teeth.

I think i'll turn my chair into something tomorrow any ideas ?

Bring on more snow.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Yes i remember that never got cold enuff but now see a snowflake and the phone rings to pick up the kids.

THANKYOU

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Dr. Kaku thinks we will loose the north pole ice caps and Europe will freeze over. How do you feel about that?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
As much as I sympathize with the situation you guys have found yourselves in regarding the deep freeze you're all going through, I'm more than willing to bet that many of us here in Adelaide would be more than happy to swap weather with you ... if only for a few days

Last summer we hit 46c for the 1st time ever ... and this coming Sat/Sun we're forecast to hit 41c

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/37db693af7f6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

i would say its not the weather we dont like its just that fact we are not prepared for it.

now thats hot, i feel so much better thanks haha.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

The arms were the least of my worries.. I spent most of the time trying to make its face look less like freddy krueger!
I have starred your snowman also, using carrots as buttons is an excellent idea

reply to post by thecrow001

The possibilities are endless! Maybe build a snow canoe?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

As strange as this sounds no i hate hot weather and that is way too hot for me cannot sleep in hot weather so i actually feel sorry for you it must be murder very uncomfortable.

THANKYOU

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Not when the dog likes them and when i was trying to make it i was been pelted with snowballs from my seven year old but i loved it.

THANKYOU

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This observation is most likely purely subjective on my part and based on whats been happening here in Oz over the last few years ... but my impression (and contrary to "climate change / global warming") is that whilst the southern hemisphere appears to be getting significantly hotter in summer, you guys in the northern hemisphere appear to be getting significantly colder.

It's almost like there's a significant heat redistribution or flow from the northern hemisphere, towards the southern hemisphere.
We've never had 46c days before or 13 consecutive days with the max temp above 35c (both events happened last summer). And this last Nov we broke yet another record with 5 consecutive days above 35c ... and summer hadn't even started yet !
And on the other side of the coin, you guys are reporting weather extremes on the other end of the scale like nothing you've seen for a long time.

Just makes you wonder ....

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I think i am going to need a long hard think about it.

bet get some coffee and think.

also

Snow continues to fall in many places, especially southern England, the Midlands, southern and eastern Wales and northeast England and southern Scotland. Unofficial reports show a snow depth of 18cm in Thame, Oxfordshire, 20cm in Pulborough, West Sussex, 18cm in Clayton West, West Yorkshire and 10cm in Haverfordwest, Dyfed. Issued at 0023 on Wed 06 Jan 2010.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

If your snow-woman, I say snow-woman because I see a distinct lack of a strategically placed carrot *cough,cough*, was a dinosaur it would be a T-Rex. Feeble little arms compared to thy body.

And couldn't you have given it a smile? It's sporting what can only be described as a grimace. Unless you put the carrot in the wrong way round

Not mine but I applaud the genius who included the sign......

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e7749694a6d.jpg[/atsimg]

link   

Originally posted by mars1

As strange as this sounds no i hate hot weather and that is way too hot for me cannot sleep in hot weather so i actually feel sorry for you it must be murder very uncomfortable.

THANKYOU

Even though I live here, I hate the hot weather as well .... probably because I was born in Bolton, Lancashire on xmas eve ... a winter baby

Anyway, EVERYTHING here is airconditioned ... our homes ... our cars ... the shopping centres ... public transportation ... etc

link   
reply to post by mars1

Ahh, see thats where you went wrong.. you have to secure the area before you attempt to construct a snowman.
There was some random sparrow that kept flying over my garden whilst I was making mine, I kept an eye on it though, made sure it knew who the boss was.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

You are right the weather over here in UK has got colder we dont seem to have much of a summer anymore that is my opinion.
I hope if the pole's are going to shift its not too close to me i dont want to stat to learn building igloos not fun.

THANKYOU

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join