It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The view from my house this morning

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Are you in Finland? -30c mate, that is colder than I've ever felt I think. I suppose you've got a wind-chill factor to make it even worse, right?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

Haha, yer that would be a nice idea, although I'm secretly in love with his picture. It has a childishly innocent charm. They are all winners in my opinion

So your leaving your poor snowbeing ALONE again tonight? Tut, tut, tut, you'll be lucky if the poor sod is still there at all tomorrow.

Cat breastfeeding
I saw that for real on the program RudeTube the other night. Things is I'm sure if you look long and hard enough you will find that status on there somewhere except this time it will be for real!

As for your picture....I...I don't know where to start! I hide my photos from my family because they would surely disown me if they saw them, shocking.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well, we seem to be running on chat now, so I hope nobody will mind if I ask
"What do you call a snowman in an igloo?"

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunken Drum

I'll bite and risk the wrath of the Allmighty Mods...

What do you call a Snowman in an Igloo?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I'll risk the wrath of the lot of you & tell you...
Snowbody's Home!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Yes, it is quite a charming picture. Only problem is it doesnt sit well with the extremely violent event which may or may not have led to its demise. I wish he'd drawn a stick figure of himself attacking it.

Rudetube is amazing, did you see the 'kersal massive' video? It actually made my life complete. And the 'persil massive' video that came after it was even better.
I was crying reading that story. Whats worse is there was a huge picture of her breastfeeding with her baby in one arm, and the cat in the other. That image has been burned into my very soul for the rest of time. Harrowing.

Me and my friend had to go through a massive deleting spree at one point. Although I think there might still be pictures of us tagged as molerats, shouting at swans, dancing with creepy old men in clubs etc etc floating around somewhere. Im sure its fine though, they probably just think we're on crack.

I have no idea. What insurance policy does a snowman take out?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

See above & I dont know, what insurance policy does a snowman take out?
Btw, breastfeeding cats... I mean really? There's nipple torture & then there's sandpaper for a tongue, you know? Just bizarre what people will do, it truly is.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I see your point about fishman but I have some issues with it.

First of all:

I have never, ever in my life seen some thing so dreadful or absolutely horrific in my life.

Then he goes on to draw the charming picture we all know and love which I wouldn't describe as 'absolutely horrific' at all.

Then he goes on to explain:

It seemed to watch the wife / baby for a while, and then reached out like it was going to touch one of them.

So this creature, for all we know could well have been about to lovingly caress his wife/child before getting on his way. A bit weird maybe, but just a lovable harmless misunderstood being, a lot like the late great king of pop.

How does this man react:

The first knife blow hit it right in the left eye as i pulled it down and towards me.

Poor thing never stood a chance!

Ah, the 'kersal massive' video. Cringe much? I never know whether to laugh or cry at that video. A child and a cat? Well, two birds with one stone I suppose.

Facebook could well be my downfall. Or should I say photography could well be my downfall? Shouting at swans?
There was a video of me talking to a hamster whilst intoxicated. Then my friends replaced the hamster with a sock whilst I wasn't paying attention, I carried on talking to it for 40 minutes completely unaware the switch had been made.

I bloody loved that sock

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Sorry, I seem to have missed something interesting....

Fishman? What? Who?

Enlighten me...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The greatest ATS thread ever: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Consider yourself enlightened

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Oh mate, the fishman! Back a little LF8 put up the link to the thread. You'll love it... or be disturbed. Possibly both. The way he keeps going on about "the good news", ie a knife, is pretty cracked Imo.
Its classic ATS comedy tho!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I dont know, I was hoping someone would know... that way I could recieve compensation when my snowman melts.

I was in awe of the first video. The tears of laughter came when I clicked on the persil massive, followed by the '90º heavy soil rewash'. Pure genius!

The fish-man (who I feel should be referred to as 'Brian', fish-man seems like such a derogatory term to use) could well have had powers like that guy from The Green Mile! Im further convinced that it meant no harm by the fact that he woke up the next morning and the room was spotless. It must have come back in and cleaned up.
I remember when I first saw that thread. I didnt read it properly and spent a fair while being confused about what possible good news he could have for the alien intruder.

Haha, what on earth is there to discuss with a hamster/sock for that length of time?!
There's an absolutely classic video on my friends phone of us shouting at swans. Phrases such as 'Oi what the f are you looking at!?.. If that swan looks at me one more time Im going to f it up. I dont care if it belongs to the queen' & 'come on then! I can take all of you!' aimed at a group of about 15 swans. I think they must have been used to the abuse because they just stood there watching us with interest.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Yes, the "good news" had me giggling too
But an interesting read none-the-less.

I like Bluebelle's idea of calling it Brian. Seems more civilised

And, seeing as we're now totally off topic, it seems that with Bluebelle, Selohabed and others, we're finally getting a good few British babes on ATS! Good to see the lady folk getting in on the "fringe" that is ATS. I'd like to discuss a "conspiracy" or two with those ladies, oh yes!

Anyhoo, in a very lame attempt at steering back onto the topic, how's the weather holding out for everybody now?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I could recieve compensation when my snowman melts
I spose that would be some kind of snow claims bonus!
Aaarg! I just cant help it, I'm sorry.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Actually, I was referring to the author of the thread as fishman, not Brian! Something about the way he talks about "the wife" & all that fantasy violence struck me as a bit cold, you know?
I'm afraid I'm getting too far into the creepy old man category these days: have to keep the accosting of young women online down to a minimum... but the weather. Its bloody freezing, but I'm not going upstairs to see if its actually snowing again or not. I'll find out on the way home in the morning.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Haha, why didnt I think of that!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Pure genius indeed! Lyrical wizards

I agree Brian is more suitable, a nice solid name. Powers like the Green Mile man haha, I like it, lets go with that. There is no doubt in my mind that Brian fell victim to a misunderstanding of cosmic proportions. Bless him. I don't think you were the only one confused, the way it is written is perplexedly clinical.

On the floor it tried to grab my arm, so I screamed at the wife for the good news. She threw it at me, so i started with my left hand to smash against its skull and right side of the face.

What did we talk about? Everything! I poured my heart and soul out to that hamster/sock. Shared with it things I have never told anybody before, my thoughts, feelings, ideas and dreams. I can safely say I have never been closer to another living thing than I was to that hamster/sock that special night.

Haha, you verbally assaulted a bevy of swans and lived to tell the tale? You are one lucky lady!

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Think he was putting a lot of faith in his wifes throwing skills there!
Can you imagine how terrified his family and friends must be when he says 'Ive got some good news'. I wouldnt want to be that end of the conversation, wondering whether he was about to acquaint me with his ornamental weaponry, or actually give me good news.

Is that a swan? It looks like some messed up goose/swan hybrid.. which is a deadly combination seeing as geese are in league with satan. Vicious little sods.
I suppose we were lucky not to be ended by a stampeding bunch of swans.. but swans were the least of our worries. We also have these to contend with:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3f13f9a1a22.jpg[/atsimg]

We know our place with those, it'd be suicide trying to mess with them. They actually sit outside my main uni building waiting to attack anyone who dares to cross their path.

Im concerned about this hamster business.. did it speak back to you? Or communicate to you via some new age vibrational plane?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I live here in Montana, and for the most part we have had strangely warm winters. This last spring however, we six feet of snow in one storm.We were snowed in for a week.
One minute its Global Warming, the next minute its Global Cooling. I just beginning to think that HAARP has screwed up our weather for good.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Haha,

wondering whether he was about to acquaint me with his ornamental weaponry, or actually give me good news.

I have a feeling that his wife receives 'good news' in the form of his 'ornamental weaponry' on a regular basis.

Geese, swans, ducks...I don't trust any of them. I try to avoid anything that comes at me with a bill. Especially my postman!

What on gods green earth is that foul creature? Is that blood smeared all over its beak/face? Gutted for ya!

It was all such a haze to be honest. But I definitely felt that we communicated. Very possibly on a vibrational plane that most humans will never understand. When I looked deep into its dark eyes in my reflection I saw my aura, my essence, my vibration. Like I said, it was special

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join