It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The view from my house this morning

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The old folk are saying it's the most snow they have seen round these parts for a very very long time.
And yes that was ice i picked up and don't ask me why there are balloons in the garden

That was 10:30am it's now 9:04pm and hasnt stopped snowing!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Its the most snow i've defiitely ever seen and its totally caused chaos where i live, even the chemist had to close. We're definitely not prepared for anything in this country it seems.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Same here, great times!

It's been so 'bad' that my exams might be cancelled, snowball fight anyone?

Global warming? What Global warming?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I got a day off work aswell

So it aint all bad.

Ha yes where's all the global warming gone recently lol

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The same here too in east midlands.We had a little bit of snow on the 24th December and another little bit 3 days ago.I thought we were not going to have the amount that the rest of the country is getting but i have been proven wrong today.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I loved the vid. Fun to look at England! Wish you talked more so I could hear the accent. (Americans love English accents.) Very, very attractive and it looks like you are having fun despite the weather.

No snow here, but I could skate on my swimming pool if I wished. Frozen.
Second time in the 12 years I've lived in this house.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Day off work, nice

This couple were warned by neighbours not to venture out that day and they were the only people to attempt to drive on that road. There were numerous pedestrians around who could barely walk on the black ice so a car really stood no chance.

Some people will never learn

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
That is kinda bad for that part of the world...it's gorgeous tho!

We've had our longest spell of snow here in north east Scotland that anyone can remember. We do get big snows, but it doesn't last long. This has been here for well over two weeks, and will last another two apparently. We've been warned about temperatures down to -20 this weekend. Some places have 3 feet of snow, although here we have about 8 inches, maybe? I had to physically push my car out of the drive this morning, cos the ice was so thick.

Stay warm and enjoy how beautiful it looks.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
its bad in nottinghamshire too i might do a video hold up

give me 5 mins i'll get one up

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Whoa Damn that’s bad.

It was like that around where I live a little bit but it was on the path and you seriously couldn’t go anywhere without either falling on the path or when you walk on the road you get slush thrown up at you from the cars speeding past. lol

I do hope it keeps snowing though because it’s just so much fun....

And more days off work

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The power lines are froze and coverd in ice, they might come down anytime now, no ATS for me if it does

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It must be due to man made global warming. Stop breathing immediately, email Al Gore, and await further instruction.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Wait!!! What ended up happening to the couple??? Were they o.k.?? Did their car hit anything on the way down??? I have never seen anything like that happen before! WOW! I'm in NJ in the middle of a horrible freeze. It seems like it's snowing everywhere and soooo cold. Good video's. It's always interesting to see video's from other country's. Keep em' coming!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
Same here, great times!

It's been so 'bad' that my exams might be cancelled, snowball fight anyone?

Global warming? What Global warming?

-STUPID REMARK SPOTTED-

Global warming screws up the whole weather system and summers are longer and hotter and winters are colder and "faster".

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
here is the video of where i live in Nottingham, started snowing again.
ignore my music that was playing at the time, i did not add it.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

The old folk are saying it's the most snow they have seen round these parts for a very very long time.
And yes that was ice i picked up and don't ask me why there are balloons in the garden

That was 10:30am it's now 9:04pm and hasnt stopped snowing!

Well the solution for all that is just an INVITE away.

Just invite al gore to speak, the moment he opens his mouth and all that hot air comes out of him, you'll need your galoshes or maybe a dinghy to get back home in due to all the melting.....

cheers!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by j.r.c.b.

Don't worry your little cotton socks, thankfully nobody was hurt

It's madness over here to be honest. I've already had to help some poor old lady to her feet and walk her home with her shopping. They're dropping like flies

Still, bring on the snow!

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
my mate in leaminton is getting really pissed off shes not getting any XD
weve had so so much. like at least 15 inches over the holiday. it melted. then froze completely to make our town into a glacier. then i snowed another 6ish inches last night XD i love the snow.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by superdebz

thats really unlucky to have no snow although i bet some people beg to differ.

more snow to come i feel, eveyone whos driving please be safe.

glad i have not passed my test yet to be driving under these situations.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
am loving the snow, it gets me excited like a kid. apparently we are gonna get hit hard tonight up to 40cm. Bring it on

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join