It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Russia Is About to Dramatically Change the World

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Did you ever consider that the US is in the ME in cooperation with the Bear?
Doing perimeter guard.
And both are supplying both countries all the poppies they want?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I am by no means a bible thumper, never even read the whole book, but if anyone were to read Revelations 17-18 might come to the conclusion that the US is the whore of Babylon. Rev 17:4 'The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet', and later Rev 18:16 'Woe, woe, the great city, she who was dressed in fine linen, purple, and scarlet'. Linen (white), purple (blue), and scarlet (red), the good old US of A. I bring this up in relation to this article as the USA is losing super power status and total destruction from within and out. Rev 18:22-24 'No craftsman, of whatever craft, will be found any more at all in you... In her was found the blood of prophets and of saints, and of all who have been slain on the earth'.

Sorry if this isn't really on topic or needs to be placed else where. Just wanted to shed some light on Rev 17-18 and how things going on in the world today seem to relate to it. Give it a quick read, see what you think.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by yayeeya] I can't spell...

[edit on 6-1-2010 by yayeeya]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The good ole US of A sold its soul to the devil quite some time ago, if not literally, then at least figuratively. We have had our dirty fingers in virtually every international conflict since the second world war, and continue to do so...mostly for the sake of the corporate/banking establishment.

Russia went through its own internal collectivist horror during the Stalin Regime, and has been trying to warn the people of the US that we are now treading the same collectivist road. Whereas the US over recent decades has been slowly moving toward a collectivist regime, Russia has been slowly moving toward increased individual liberty. The pendulum thus swings.

Since the poster above me brought up the subject of prophecy, it is interesting to note that Edgar Cayce predicted that Russia would eventually be the savior of the world, and likewise the Fatima prophecies suggest that consecrated Russia will bring about a time of peace and harmony.

When it comes to international politics, especially today, there are no "good" guys or "bad" guys. But Russia may provide the foil to challenge or stand up to the entrenched Western Corporocracy, whose tentacles are slowly choking the lifeblood out of western populations, not to mention what is being done to third-world countries.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Angiras

While I agree with much of what you've stated, Russia is presently a somewhat oppressive oligarchy. Not that we are any better. I'm just saying.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Moscow’s move seeks to pressure Belarus into ceding its oil-processing plants to Russian companies, such as Rosneft and Lukoil. That goal forms part of a wider intention to “privatize” the economy of Belarus through Russian state-connected oligarchic entities. Lukashenka has resisted thus far.
Belarus currently transports a whopping 70 million tons of Russian crude oil per year through the HomelTransnafta pipelines

georgiandaily.com...

keeping in mind that this is the Georgiandaily, pretty interesting nonetheless.

Russia wants to put a hefty hefty tax on exported crude oil from Belarus.
This will drive prices up while Belarus's refineries are at low prices.

Russia will soon own Belarus refineries

Russian company close to buying major Ukrainian steel group

An unnamed Russian company is close to buying control of one of Ukraine's largest steel groups, Industrial Union of Donbass, The Financial Times reported on Wednesday.

The group could be sold later this month in a deal valuing it up to $2 billion, with Russia's state-run Vnesheconombank playing a role in the acquisition, the paper said.

en.rian.ru...

Ukraine Says Pays $900 Mln Russian Gas Bill on Time
KIEV (Reuters) - Ukraine paid in full and on time its last monthly bill of 2009 for Russian gas, state energy firm Naftogaz said on Wednesday, referring to the steepest payment it had to make for that year worth almost $900 million (562 million pounds).

www.nytimes.com...

just to play conspiracy theorist
are we witnessing the ressurection of the USSR?

hehe, just kidding

Or..... am I?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

ANASTASIA: The Ringing Cedars Series

link   
O I fully realize that. But when you look at long term trends, there has been a gradual increase in individual liberty in Russia, from a horrible control state, while there has been a gradual decrease in individual liberty within the US.

At this point, there is not that much difference between the two regimes....the US government is as much controlled by the corporate/banking establishment as the Russian government is controlled by its oligarchies...its just that the US population is largely in denial about this fact, due to sophisticated media propaganda.

The Russians are a little more savy about the situation in their own country...because they are used to prevalent corruption at the top. Many Americans are still living in lala land, where the USA represents apple pie and Mom--and the champion of freedom.

link   
ModernAcademia, I dont this you are kidding at all.

Russia is definitely on the rise, and the US government knows it.
Last fall Russia hosted an international conference that included the states of Brazil, China, and various near eastern countries. The US was not invited, and were not even allowed to be "observers".

Russia is trying to create an opposition bloc to US hegemony around the world. The only difference now is that Russia is no longer trying to export Communist ideology; it is simply trying to establish opposition to US control. Now that their oil industry is poised to surge forward, that opposition will become increasingly bold.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by Angiras]

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This one event isn't going to do much, I think; however, taking into consideration everything else Russia's been doing the last few years, this could be big.

I mean you have them blatently trying to hijack the Ukranian election
news.bbc.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...

Russia unveiling its new missile system several years back
www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...

The situation in the artic
www.dailymail.co.uk...
(Canada wasn't too happy about that one, and neither were we.)

The hacking of our utilities. China was given the blame but chances are the reds had a hand in it too.
www.greenercomputing.com...

The Georgian war (of expansion maybe?) we all remember
The fact that Putin isn't president anymore but somehow still runs the show.

Putin's ex KGB, we all know that right?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Russia wil certainly be trying to get the Ukraians back on side like it did with Belorussia. If they can't do it politically they will do it through trade. If that doesn't work then bet on a linguistic split in the Ukraine of the South Ossetian type, the east and Crimea (with the Baltic fleet base) going Russias way. The end of the USSR was a stab in the back by the west after Russia played ball and released its empire in central Europe including occupied Germany. NATO took the piss and tried to strangle Russia on its borders, is it ant wonder the Russians would want a new buffer zone of USSR type states?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The poor Ukranians. They caught the absolute worst of WWII, because of their geographical position between Russia and Germany, and even before that (1932-33) they faced their own starvation holocaust (holodomor) at the hands of the Stalin regime. The Ukranians, especially in the western Ukraine, have no love of Mother Russia, but in many ways they remain dependent on Russia, and will likely be re-absorbed in a resurgent Russian empire before too long--if not by choice, then by force.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Angiras

That's definitely true (all of it). Americans are living in lala land and when it comes to spotting corruption, Russians are more savvy than Americans. Yup, we're screwed.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Angiras

I sort of see it in these terms. Maybe to simple. But to the point.
All you have to do is follow the trail of the Marxist. Start or end in Spain or America.
Australia and most any wealthy Christian country can be grouped with America.
The trail is littered with death and destruction in the name of Communism.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Of course we beat them to hijacking the Ukrainian election

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

Fair enough good sir, fair enough.

I think you bring something up that I don't want to be taken as saying. I don't want to say that Russia is this mean evil country and America is a goody two shoes country because that's obviously not the case. Russia is just doing things which don't particularly promote us saying in our current position of power, and who can blame them. Weather that makes them the good or the bad guy is purely relative.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by really

But do you realize that the current growth of the human population is not sustainable with or without oil?

If we keep ignoring that oil is running out, and stay dependent on oil up to the very end, the end will be a very ugly thing indeed.

I think we would all be better off if the human population were to scale back a bit, and like in the first world nations, people only reproduced at a rate to sustain population, or better yet to slowly decline in population until we are at a more reasonable level.

Sadly, big oil has done everything in its power to make us completely dependent upon oil, and damn the consequences. This is the sad part.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I actually stated that without oil we couldn't sustain the numbers of people presently on the earth. So, we're in agreement. I'm just saying that one way or another, it's all going to come crashing down in a horrible way eventually. Unless, of course, something unseen (a new invention, etc) changes everything. I haven't had children for a reason. I think in my lifetime or the next, people are going to suffer in a very, very big way because of this.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
What about Russia not being a member of OPEC

What are your thoughts on that?

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angiras
The poor Ukranians. They caught the absolute worst of WWII, because of their geographical position between Russia and Germany, and even before that (1932-33) they faced their own starvation holocaust (holodomor) at the hands of the Stalin regime. The Ukranians, especially in the western Ukraine, have no love of Mother Russia, but in many ways they remain dependent on Russia, and will likely be re-absorbed in a resurgent Russian empire before too long--if not by choice, then by force.

Oh my, I see all stamps of western propaganda in one post.

Starvation holocaust (holodomor) was at that time not only in the Ukraine, but all across the union. As many russians died of hunger. Now the orange elites in Kyiv digged this tragedy of the past from its grave and re-writing history.

"The poor Ukranians" then had all their country restored after ww2 by oppressive russians. The infrastructure in the Ukraine and baltic states is to this day much better than in many russian regions because Stalin and his followers invested money in restoration of the satellite republics - something "western democracies" rarely do for some reason. All that the Ukraine lives on nowadays was built in the soviet times with the help of russian engineers and workers from all across the union. Unfortunately Ushenko and his american wife are doing everything to make Russia look like enemy. Btw the nuclear power plant which was so cleverly closed by the lithuanians several days ago was also built by the "oppressive regime".

Now Belarus, the Ukraine and baltic states are practically broke - IMF doesn't give them money anymore and they all could collapse in several months. And guess what? They all started talking about economic reintegration with Russia.

"The Ukranians, especially in the western Ukraine, have no love of Mother Russia, but in many ways they remain dependent on Russia, and will likely be re-absorbed in a resurgent Russian empire before too long--if not by choice, then by force."

Alright let's start with the fact that there is no such thing as "eastern ukrainans". They are all russians, who watch russian tv, wave russian flag and speak russian. As a result of a geopolitical mistake they are all residents of another state at the time. And there is no such thing as "western ukranians" - they are a collection of nationalities brought together as soviet union got control over pieces of other european states. And this "western Ukraine" is the source of all russophobia in the ukranian society. Now, as a russian (and evil communist) i couldn't care less about what happens to western Ukraine. The reintegration with eastern Ukraine, i.e. with millions of russians is key to Russia restoring its position on the global arena. And from the processes I see unveiling this is likely to happen in the near future.

And Russia will never use armed forces on the soil of the Ukraine - the process will be peaceful.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join