It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Small plane crashes in Illinois

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Breaking: Small plane crashes in Illinois

news.yahoo.com

WHEELING, Ill. – Authorities say a Royal Air cargo jet that was cleared for landing has crashed in a forest preserve near Chicago Executive Airport in the suburb of Wheeling.

Airport spokeswoman says Laura Witlox says the plane went down around 2 p.m. Tuesday and local fire departments were at the scene.

Witlox did not immediately know how many people were aboard and if there were injuries.

A Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman says the plane appeared to be a Learjet and it went down in a river.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
She says the plane had been cleared for a visual approach and it was unknown how many people were aboard.

A message left with a Michigan-based company called Royal Air Charter was not immediately returned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope nobody was hurt. However I fear this was another "terrorist attack".

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Isn't a Leer Jet more of a personal/charter jet? If so that may lower the possibility of a terrorist attack.

-E-

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Hear is a link to the companies website. Apparently they fly two Lears for the purpose of expedited cargo service. Anything can be considered cargo if you pay the price for this kind of transportation.
www.royalair.com...

[edit on 5-1-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well, it being more or less local, I can add that the river is the Des Plaines River. It's a N-S running river, east of the airport across IL21/US45, which runs N-S along the river. Palwaukee, IL.

I've got the local news on now and it seems Lovie Smith (Chi-Bears) has important things to say on team headcutting. I'm sure they'll mention something about the plane crash when he's all done.

Cuhail

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
What I found strange is the amount of time cable news paid to this story. What is so special about this plane? A small plane crashed about 20 minutes from me on New Years day and it was only a story in the local paper.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I think this is getting a lot of attention because it is a private cargo jet. one can only wonder what the cargo was

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The plane originated out of Waterford, Michigan, N.W. of Detroit, the local news say they are looking at recovery, prayers are needed..apparently no survivors.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Symp EL
What I found strange is the amount of time cable news paid to this story. What is so special about this plane? A small plane crashed about 20 minutes from me on New Years day and it was only a story in the local paper.

Agreed. Why certain stories at certain times? What was the real reason we learned so much about the Yale Lab Murder?

CJ

top topics

join